• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Hurricane Sandy

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Raw: Waves Crashing in Massachusetts - YouTube

While onlookers were watching strong waves the southern shores of Massachusetts, utility crews were working on electricity lines as Hurricane Sandy continues to unleash damaging winds and rain. (Oct. 29)

Raw: 14 Rescued From Tall Ship Off NC - YouTube

A replica tall ship caught in Hurricane Sandy's wrath began taking on water, forcing the crew to abandon the boat Monday off the North Carolina coast. The Coast Guard rescued 14 crew members by helicopter, but two people were still missing. (Oct. 29)

Christie Blames Mayor for Stranded People - YouTube

Gov. Chris Christie says some people are stranded in Atlantic City and he's blaming the mayor. Christie says Mayor Lorenzo Langford erred by allowing people to shelter on the barrier island rather than moving them inland. (Oct. 29)

Pa. Store Manager: Storm 'Worst Scenario' - YouTube

Workers at a Philadelphia furniture store are using sandbags to block the building's door and putting items on higher ground. Forecasters predict Hurricane Sandy could bring winds up to 75 mph and as much as 10 inches of rain to the area. (Oct. 29)

Raw: Long Island Town Deluged With Seawater - YouTube

On the eastern edge of Long Island, the fishing town of Greenport, N.Y., was already deluged with seawater, with one street almost completely underwater. Sean Seal was piling dirt and sandbags onto the alleyway behind his collectibles store. (Oct. 29)

IML Gear Cream!
Along East Coast, Life Stops for Sandy - YouTube

Hurricane Sandy bore down on the Eastern Seaboard's largest cities Monday, forcing the shutdown of mass transit, schools and financial markets, sending coastal residents fleeing, and threatening with a dangerous mix of weather. (Oct. 29)

Do you think there is a possibility that Snookie and the guido's will be washed away?

Bloomberg: NYC Schools Closed Again Tuesday - YouTube

Mayor Michael Bloomberg says New York City schools will remain closed on Tuesday because of Hurricane Sandy. Mayor Bloomberg reiterated that residents in low-laying should still evacuate if they are able. (Oct. 29)

I live in the Tampa area for 13 years including 2004 when we had near misses from 4 hurricanes. "Miss" doesn't mean no damage...it was extensive. Mostly it was going without power for a while in my community. For others it was worse and lasted longer.

I went to NOLA to do volunteer work for 13 months after Katrina...that was devastation.
I will never forget the day we arrived and flew over in the helicopter...it looked like so many splinters...lost lives, lost homes, lost business, lost livelihoods...lost hope.

No one could have predicted it. Not GWB, not FEMA, not Kanye West. No one, Democrat or Republican was close to being prepared. Govt f'd up the response. Hopefully govt learned from their f up.

Good luck and positive thoughts for all affected by Sandy.

I'm back online after losing power around 5pm yesterday. I was checking emails and suddenly I was sitting in the dark.
I was prepared in some ways and improvised others: my battery powered radio came in handy. My battery powered lantern was busted. My flashlights were fine.
I realized I've gotten accustomed to using the microwave for things more than regular cooking. I had to use the gas range for the 28 hours without electricity.

Apart from the power, mostly tree branches and house parts were blown around here. The scariest part was after high tide last night since I am near one of the rivers. The eye of the storm came ashore about the same time. I heard on the radio that the Hudson River surged up in Greene County (up in the Catskills), over 2 hours north of here.

I'm back online after losing power around 5pm yesterday. I was checking emails and suddenly I was sitting in the dark.
I was prepared in some ways and improvised others: my battery powered radio came in handy. My battery powered lantern was busted. My flashlights were fine.
I realized I've gotten accustomed to using the microwave for things more than regular cooking. I had to use the gas range for the 28 hours without electricity.

Apart from the power, mostly tree branches and house parts were blown around here. The scariest part was after high tide last night since I am near one of the rivers. The eye of the storm came ashore about the same time. I heard on the radio that the Hudson River surged up in Greene County (up in the Catskills), over 2 hours north of here.

Welcome back. Glad you're OK.

Storm surge can do a lot of damage. People who have never experienced have no idea and hopefully never will.

Here's a video of Chris Cornell doing "Wide Awake" for a live radio show.
The song was inspired by and about Hurricane Katrina.
He actually used to dedicate the song to the "victims of Hurricane Katrina, the living ones and the dead ones" at his shows.

Chris Cornell - Wide Awake Acoustic (1st on-air performance) - YouTube

I hope all of you made it through the storm unscathed.

In a GOP debate last year, Mitt Romney promoted the idea of sending emergency management back to the states, or better yet, the private sector. Now his campaign says he would not abolish FEMA.

KING: What else, Governor Romney?
You've been a chief executive of a state. I was just in Joplin, Missouri. I've been in Mississippi and Louisiana and Tennessee and other communities dealing with whether it's the tornadoes, the flooding, and worse. FEMA is about to run out of money, and there are some people who say do it on a case-by-case basis and some people who say, you know, maybe we're learning a lesson here that the states should take on more of this role. How do you deal with something like that?
ROMNEY: Absolutely. Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction. And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better.

Instead of thinking in the federal budget, what we should cut -- we should ask ourselves the opposite question. What should we keep? We should take all of what we're doing at the federal level and say, what are the things we're doing that we don't have to do? And those things we've got to stop doing, because we're borrowing $1.6 trillion more this year than we're taking in. We cannot...

KING: Including disaster relief, though?

ROMNEY: We cannot -- we cannot afford to do those things without jeopardizing the future for our kids. It is simply immoral, in my view, for us to continue to rack up larger and larger debts and pass them on to our kids, knowing full well that we'll all be dead and gone before it's paid off. It makes no sense at all.

Federal aid OK'd for storm victims - Times Union

:coffee:

In a GOP debate last year, Mitt Romney promoted the idea of sending emergency management back to the states, or better yet, the private sector. Now his campaign says he would not abolish FEMA.

what a shocker. unleashing the private sector no doubt by some washington insiders/cronies connected to Halliburton, the DOD, etc. to bilk the working class out of more money.

I did learn that I have no way to charge my cell phone or laptop if this happens again. During the time power was out, the city prohibited travel.

Even though I had battery power on the devices, there was no internet or cell service anyway.

How to Keep Electronics Going With No Power - NYTimes.com

Last edited:
I grew up 30 minutes from this beach. When Hurricane Bob came up the coast I went there to check out the waves too. Sounds stupid but NH coastline never gets hit badly.

There's a new drink called Sandy, it's a watered down Manhattan.

Too soon?

:lol:

Sent from my jewPhone :daydream:

it's funny how all these so called small govt republicans are calling for more govt intervention and help.

Back