• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Best Video Games Of All Time

Flex

FLEXecutioner
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i've been having heated arguements with my buddies, almost to the point of throwing blows, about what the TOP 5 video games are of all time.

so, in no specific order whatsoever.........

1. Mike Tyson's Punchout (Nintendo)-How can you possibly beat this game?

2. TecmoBowl (Nintendo)-being L.T., you can go hunt down the QB, then if he gets a pass off, go intercept it all the way downfield, then take it to the house for a TD

3. FIFA World Cup '98 (N64)-best play of any sports game ever.

4. James Bond: Goldeneye (N64)-real life view with a rocket-launcher in your hand going after 3 of your buddies? priceless.

5. Tony Hawk 4 (Playstation) just plain AWESOME once you get good at it. in fact, no whenever i go anywhere, i think to myself "i could grind that rail, manuel over to the stairs....."

as you can see, i'm biased with the old school Nintendo, cuz that's what i grew up on. even if you guys don't agree with me, it still is the best system ever:D

so, what are YOUR TOP 5 games ever?

You cant forget about Metroid, I spent countless hours on that game. Tecmo Bowl was great also. And Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Akari Warriors.

Can't really remember the older games.

But Golden Eye was awesome.

Recent Games Splinter Cell :thumb: 1 and 2

GTA

Flex, can you believe I didn't have the NES? Yeah, to play those games, I had to go over to a friend's place.

For old school Nintendo, I played Contra, Megaman, and Life Force.

For newer games, I love the fighting games (i.e. Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, etc.)

So maybe I'm not the only person who sometimes listens to video game music in the gym.. (I can't believe I just admitted that. Good thing nobody else can hear it)

Originally posted by tackle
So maybe I'm not the only person who sometimes listens to video game music in the gym.. (I can't believe I just admitted that. Good thing nobody else can hear it)

bro, don't be ashamed haha. NES music is the BEST vg music bar none.

in fact, i may even use Tyson's punchout music when i compete in BB. (the part when Mac is joggin and his trainer is biking through NYC) haha

Has anyone seen at like a kios in the mall, Its got like 70 nintendo game in one

I got all the Atari 2600, NES, Sega games emulated on my xbox.

Pitfall, damn I don't ever remember it being like that.

Tyson's Punch-out is classic, still play the emulated version every so often :thumb:

Return To Castle Wolfenstein Multi-Player on PC. Can't be beat, been playing for 2 1/2 years EVERYDAY for alteast an hour a day. I've put in a good 2000 hours atleast.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Flex
in fact, i may even use Tyson's punchout music when i compete in BB. (the part when Mac is joggin and his trainer is biking through NYC) haha

lol I'd like to see the looks on the judges' faces when they hear that.

Zelda was an awesome game!

Tyson's Knock-out was cool, but easy to beat. :)

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!!

You've all seemed to forgotten a special SOMEBODY!

Chrono Trigger is my top favorite video game

some off the top of my head are starcraft, that's a biggie. Shenmue series is one of my favorite series of anything. Final Fantasy 7 is a gimme.

I'm currently not playing anything right now really. At least not hard core much. Tit's playing Harvest Moon for gamecube religiously- I've lost her, I haven't gotten sex in a week. I've been playing Ninja Gaiden for Xbox and Temple of Elemental Evil for PC on and off.

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start

Top 5 games. I am also biased, because the only console system I own today is the NES haha! I have soo many games, that it never gets boring.

#1 CastleVania 2 Simons Quest (Fucking awesome game!)NES
#2 CastleVania 3 Draculas Curse (I still havent beat this SOB :mad: )NES
#3 Mike Tysons Punchout (Cant beat Mike either... And I have NEVER seen anyone do it w/o a game genie)NES
#4 Ninja Gaiden 2 (This is the best ninja series EVER! I cant wait to get an X-Box and play the new one.)NES
#5 Starcraft Brood Wars (This is undoubtedly the best RTS game ever invented. There is yearly tournaments for prize money, and there are even cable channels in Korea that play NOTHING BUT Starcraft replays)PC

Originally posted by PreMier
#3 Mike Tysons Punchout (Cant beat Mike either... And I have NEVER seen anyone do it w/o a game genie)NES

My fuckin roomate beat Tyson TWICE in a row! once by KO, the other by decision........i couldnt fuckin believe it

Originally posted by Crono1000
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start

...you forgot those last 2 ba's...
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b,a, select, start

when i'm 95yrs old and lying in my deathbed, i won't remember most of my life. Shit, i prolly won't even know my own name. But what i will remember is the code to get 30 lives in Contra:D

Half Life !

Originally posted by rock4832
Zelda was an awesome game!
That is my favorite game,took me forever to beat.I played it on nes,super nes and nintendo 64.:)

I am partial to:

1)Ikari Warriors 2 arcade version

2)Kung Fu arcade version

3)Gauntlet arcade version

4)River City Ransom NES version

5)Tekken Series PS

Simon's Quest is up there too, I loved that game. I would say the game that absolutely changed the NES was Super Mario 2, the ending for that game was INCREDIBLE for that time. Tyson's punchout was too easy.

Edit:I put Metroid up there too, just for the fact that if you beat it enough, you find out the character is a woman and if you beat it further she plays in bra and panties.

I beat Zelda in one day. (with the map layouts) I can't believe so many people had trouble with Tyson's Punchout!

I dont think you can beat it rock! Stop saying you can to be "cool" :D

Is this just limited to consoles or any video game? I also notice that most people are picking really old school games, which is great and all but these games nowadays are much better than the old nintendo games fellas. Realistically I can only play those NES games for a few minutes before the old school love runs out wears off and I am bored. so with that in mind, and also knowing that I love Tysons Punchout/ Techmo super Bowl/ Contra and all those classics.....

Here is a top five of the top of my head and in no specific order.

1. Grand Theft Auto 3/ Vice City (PS2) - I say both b/c they kindof go together as a series. I think this is pretty obvious seeing as how this series revolutionized the direction gaming is gonna go. If you haven't played then hit it up.

2. Grand Turismo 3 (PS2) - This game is just so well done and realistic, not to mention detailed. You just can't beat a realistic driving simulator like this. If I wanted to see how a certain car would handle in a simulation this game would accurately represent that! Hell yeah boi.

3. Battlefield Vietnam (PC) - game is sicc as fucc. I am not a big fan of pc games but this game is awesome. I can't say enough about it. Realistic Jungle combat against the Vietkong with planes, choppers, air strikes, sicc arsenal of weapons and so on. not to mention all the sweet 60's music in the game!

4. Metal Gear Solid/ MGS 2 (PS/PS2) - Definately one of my favorite games ever. The story/plot lines are so intricate that its like playing a movie and the second one the gameplay is unbelievably detailed. Much better than any of its counterparts like Splinter Cell. Plus the third one is comin soon and its setting is in the jungle. A tactical espionage game at its best!

5. Halo (Xbox) - One of the best multiplayer games I have played and just a great game

....I have to put a sixth b/c I can't leave this one out

6. Street Fighter 2 any version for sega/ super nintendo, or arcade. not the newer ones

beat that list!

Back