• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

binge eating nightmare

Andywit

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi,
I have goten into a bad habbit of Binge eating recently. It always seems to happen on a friday or somtimes a saturday. Friday's I have always allowed myself a cheat meal, but lately Fridays, are becoming a flat out binge eating session. I finish work at lunch time on Friday's so from the moment I get in I end up Binging, mainly on biscuits. I dont have chocolate in the house, but it has gotten so bad recently that I have found myself going to the shops especially to buy some. After the binge I always feel really guilty ad punish myself with excessive cardio the next morning. I always promise myself never again after each binge, but come Friday out comesthe chocolate again.

Any advice or tips that could help me control this problem?

How long has it been since your last meal at this point?

I know if I go too long (more than 3.5 hrs) between meals I start getting quite hungry and would be much more prone to pig out if there is junk around, especially if it was the weekend. Being consistent with meal timing helps me; I also have a planned time/day/place for cheat meals rather than just picking it as it comes available.

And drink lots of water to keep the tummy full between meals. Honestly though, just don't let it happen. Sure I think about giving in sometimes, but I never do. Restrict it to one cheat meal, once a week and be happy that your allowing yourself that instead of looking for and wanting more. It's all about self control if you want to achieve your goals.... not to mention summer is right around the corner which is a pretty huge incentive for me to eat clean and train extra hard.

Hi,
I have goten into a bad habbit of Binge eating recently. It always seems to happen on a friday or somtimes a saturday. Friday's I have always allowed myself a cheat meal, but lately Fridays, are becoming a flat out binge eating session. I finish work at lunch time on Friday's so from the moment I get in I end up Binging, mainly on biscuits. I dont have chocolate in the house, but it has gotten so bad recently that I have found myself going to the shops especially to buy some. After the binge I always feel really guilty ad punish myself with excessive cardio the next morning. I always promise myself never again after each binge, but come Friday out comesthe chocolate again.

Any advice or tips that could help me control this problem?
What effects has this had on your body and how has it impacted your ability to achieve your physical goals?

As of yet, it has had little significant impact on my appearence, I do look puffy for a few days afterwards, but by about mid week I am looking my best again, but I know that if it continues it will start to effect the way I look. I know what you are all saying to allow 1 cheat meal a week, up until xmas it always was but since then have been sliping with my diet, and friday seems to have become a free for all. I think I am going to take your advice and drink loads of water, and just say NO.

As of yet, it has had little significant impact on my appearence, I do look puffy for a few days afterwards, but by about mid week I am looking my best again, but I know that if it continues it will start to effect the way I look. I know what you are all saying to allow 1 cheat meal a week, up until xmas it always was but since then have been sliping with my diet, and friday seems to have become a free for all. I think I am going to take your advice and drink loads of water, and just say NO.

Yeah man, it is taking you over 3 days to recover from one day of "fun." Ask yourself, is it really worth it? Stick to one really nice cheat meal a week and it should subside any cravings for the rest of the week. It seems you are pretty experienced with eating clean and working out so why go back to old habbits? Just say no. Good luck!

Try eating at maintenance for awhile, maybe a 2-3 weeks. Just workout, have fun and if anything just aim to maintain. Eat regular meals and don't deprive yourself of anything. Don't follow a cyclical diet.

See if some time off improves the situation. If your bodyfat is too low you may need to consider bulking for awhile. Binging is an easy thing to control in any one sitting, but long term, I'd look to eradicate the problem by removing the main cause (lack of food, too low body for example).

thanx for all of the great advice guys Friday Tomorrow (Cheat Day) am def only going to allow 1 cheat meal a few slices of pizza and no more. I know If i can make it a week will be right back on track, let u all know how it goes.

There is something else that can help. There is a supplement you can buy called 5-HTP, it's the precursor substance to the neurotransmitter seratonin which is the body's "feel good" or "satisfied" neurotransmitter.

Seratonin along with some endorphins are what you mainly are after when you find yourself craving junk food, especially chocolate. Along with drinking a lot of water and keeping your meals on a good schedule you might want to try picking up some 5-HTP and mayeb some Kava Kava. Don't take the Kava early in the day, it's endorphins which are a natural painkiller for the body and act as a slight sedative.

These things will really help subside your cravings by helping the body feel satisfied. If you want to know more about 5-HTP, seratonin, and endorphins I highly suggest you look it up on Wikipedia. Very good source.

Kava Kava is the business when made correctly and 5HTP also helps with depression as well as appetite. If you can't get 'er done on your own, you may want to give those ideas a go. Not to mention Kava can be a shitload of fun.

IML Gear Cream!
I've never heard of either of these supplements. That is helpful info. I understand the water idea as well. When I binge it is like I'm after that feeling of non-restricted eating. The freedom to feel stuffed after a big meal (like on thanksgiving). Water helps get there sooner especially when eating stuff like oatmeal or rice.

I cut out my cheat meal(s) and I dont get binge urges any more.. dont ask why not but it just worked that way

There ya go man. I would still recommend checking out Kava Kava. Good times.

I would make a note of everything you eat that day, as you eat it. have a calorie limit down for the day, and make sure you don't exceed it. I find doing this means that i might have one or two pieces of chocolate, but when i write it down in my little black book, and see how it sticks out beside all the good shit i eat normally, it makes me fold up that packet, open up the fridge, and put it right back on the shelf!

Hi guys,
thanks for the advice, I seem to be back on track now, took the above advice and bought some 5-thp to help stop my cravings and also some stallone protein puddings. They have only 100 cal per serving 0g sugar 20g protein, and vanilla flavour tastes like custard. These have helped a lot.

Glad to hear you're getting back on track.

I was having the same problem, only worse. I would binge about 3 times a week. Whether it was a buffet or ordering pizza, or just binging on whatever was lying around the house. Then I'd get upset at myself over it, and I would even have dreams occasionally where I would over eat, then wake up and be thankful it was just a dream. x_x

But yeah, I was doing really well for while. I wouldn't even touch junk food, and I took pride in saying that I didn't eat fast-food or junk food. Fortunately I'm back on track now, hopefully that won't happen again.

Glad to hear you're getting back on track.

I was having the same problem, only worse. I would binge about 3 times a week. Whether it was a buffet or ordering pizza, or just binging on whatever was lying around the house. Then I'd get upset at myself over it, and I would even have dreams occasionally where I would over eat, then wake up and be thankful it was just a dream. x_x

But yeah, I was doing really well for while. I wouldn't even touch junk food, and I took pride in saying that I didn't eat fast-food or junk food. Fortunately I'm back on track now, hopefully that won't happen again.

Just don't let it happen. I know it's easier said than done but why ruin all your hard work of training and eating clean with a few meals of satisfaction? 1 step forward, 2 steps back. :shrug:

Back