• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

McGwire highway to disappear?

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Wow, they just won't stop with this guy.

A Missouri legislator wants to strip Mark McGwire of the highway named for the slugger after his record-breaking season eight years ago, according to the ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH.
State Rep. Talibdin El-Amin, a Democrat from St. Louis, submitted a bill Wednesday that would rename "Mark McGwire Highway" to honor former state Sen. John Bass, a veteran city politician and educator.
In 1999, the state named about five miles of Interstate 70 ??? from Goodfellow Boulevard to the Mississippi River ??? for the Cardinals first baseman after he hit 70 home runs, a feat that captivated fans around the state and the nation.
That was before suspicions of performance-enhancing drugs cast a shadow over McGwire's legacy. On Tuesday, baseball writers overwhelmingly decided he did not belong in the Hall of Fame on the first ballot.

El-Amin says his bill, which was in the works before this week's Hall of Fame vote, is an attempt to recognize Bass rather than take away from McGwire.
"It's more, for me, a desire to honor somebody more worthy," said El-Amin, a freshman legislator whose district includes a part of the highway. "Mark McGwire, I believe, hasn't walked in north St. Louis, and hasn't done anything for this state outside of the 70 home runs."

No class imo!!! Leave him alone, the rep is a big JERK anyway!!! They rode Big Macs coat tails and LOVED every minute of it, but sadly they forget ALL that!!!

State Rep. Talibdin El-Amin?

sounds like Taliban when u read it really fast...:laugh:

Thats pretty dumb, hell they havent ever proved it. I mean its kinda like the OJ thing, we know he did it. However the only difference is OJ was proved guilty and found innocent and McGwire has been found nothing and called guilty, go figure.

Who cares. It's 5 fucking miles of interstate. Most people didnt even know it was named that until this.

Back