• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Anyone have any Tilapia recipes???

Uthinkso

Go on....DO IT!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Basically as it says, trying to inject some fish into my diet and picked up some Tilapia fillets today. Looking for a few good recipes.

Thanks

Tilapia is the easiest of any fish to cook. You can bake it, fry it, saute it, deep fry it. Pretty mush as versatile as chicken.

For ideas goto foodtv.com and search tilapia recipes.

Tilapia is the easiest of any fish to cook. You can bake it, fry it, saute it, deep fry it. Pretty mush as versatile as chicken.

For ideas goto foodtv.com and search tilapia recipes.

Agreed, my wife and I both like it and it is versatile indeed. Just looking for more ways to cook it.

Thanks for the link.

While I have absolutely no clue how to make it...look into Blackened Tilapia...it is amazing...

....AMAZINGLY AWESOME!

I mix crackers, parmesan, and seasonings in a baggie, (crush crackers first)

Buy the tilapia that is butterflied, put this mixture on one of the sides of the tilapia and cover with the other side. Grill. The mixture of stuffing will help keep it together as it grills.

Voila! You have stuffed tilapia.

Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it and serve with your favorite veggies....you've got dinner! :thumb:

I mix crackers, parmesan, and seasonings in a baggie, (crush crackers first)

Buy the tilapia that is butterflied, put this mixture on one of the sides of the tilapia and cover with the other side. Grill. The mixture of stuffing will help keep it together as it grills.

Voila! You have stuffed tilapia.

Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it and serve with your favorite veggies....you've got dinner! :thumb:

This dish goes very well with asparagus.

I eat talapia all the time here, I put a little flower in a bowl with some Cajun Chicken Seasoning (it's not salted, it tastes similar to shake and bake for chicken, mccormick sells it but not all grocery stores stock it), some crushed red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper (I usually use red/black pepper mix) and some seasoning salt. The main ingrediant is the cajun chicken seasoning but I also put on a lot of garlic. Everything else experiment with.

I pan fry them in some olive oil, using probably more than is healthy but I like to cook them so that the edges are a little bit crispy so if there isn't enough oil the pan will burn.

If you like tilapia you might also try basa, basa has almost no flavor of it's own which some may prefer (tilapia is a low flavor fish too). I'd get basa over talipia but I have to travel a lot further to get it and the talapia I buy is sold (at walmart) in 4 pound boxes individually wrapped and the basa isn't from the meat counter so talapia would probably win out anyway, it's frozen and the packaging is nice (can just take a few out of the box, throw em in some water and a little bit later cook em).

I keep it simple. Grill or pan fry it and just throw some simple spices on, black pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder. Maybe drizzle a little olive oil on the top to help keep it moist and give it some more flavor.

IML Gear Cream!
bake it....coat in olive oil and season it to your likes....bake for like 15 minutes....squeeze a lemon over it...yum.

bake it....coat in olive oil and season it to your likes....bake for like 15 minutes....squeeze a lemon over it...yum.

Just did this tonight can't go wrong!!!

Just did this tonight can't go wrong!!!

Glad you enjoyed that...I like cracked pepper with lemon....even add a little garlic to that....Penzy's has this stuff called Ozark seasoning....you can order it online from them...its a great seasoning...tons of stuff in it without much sodium. The lady at the store told me she wasn't sure what it would be good for because of how many things are in it...but it turned out to be great on fish.

Sashimi it...

It's also good with teriyaki or broiled with a little melted butter & balsamic vinaigrette rubbed on both sides when you broil it make sure you turn it over a few times like 2.5 minutes flip 2.5 flip 2.5 flip 2.5 done. It usually only takes 10 minutes maybe a little longer or less depending, just make sure it's not scorched....

Manic is Tilapia a dirty fish? This Hawaiian who lived by us and said its disgusting we ate tilapia because they live in the dirtiest waters in Hawaii

Manic is Tilapia a dirty fish? This Hawaiian who lived by us and said its disgusting we ate tilapia because they live in the dirtiest waters in Hawaii

I don't think all tilapia comes from Hawaii....and how dirty is the water there? I mean people LOVE eating catfish (me included) and they eat off the bottom of a muddy lake....

I don't think all tilapia comes from Hawaii....and how dirty is the water there? I mean people LOVE eating catfish (me included) and they eat off the bottom of a muddy lake....

very true

Tilapia have a reputation of being a nasty fish more from thier appearance rather then thier eating. Let me put it this way, don't go find pictures of catch tilapia if you eat them, not exactly the beauty queens of the fish world. However they are lean, taste mild, and cook quick. Far better choice for the money then Whiting fish.

Dirty (doubt it) or not I think Tilapia is a good bang for the buck fish. Not the best tasting, and probably not the best for you, but for the money its pretty well balanced. Taste, quality of meat, and cost....its not the best of any of those catagories, but its a good happy medium.

I just had it the other night on the grill...put it in foil with a tsp of butter and a sprinkle of course ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon...turned out so good.

IML Gear Cream!
If you only eat fish for the sake of getting those omega fats that are hard to get from other sources, talipia won't do much good, there is very little fat to be had with talapia so very little omega as well. That said, I eat talapia very frequently, it's cheap, it's good, it doesn't funk up my place for days at a time like salmon does.

Back