• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

frequency of training

JAja04

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm currently training each muscle group once a week. My trainer is telling me to get it down to every 5 days. My current goal is gaining mass mainly focusing on my shouldders and traps. Can somebody lay out approximately how much rest between each muscle group should be given in their opinion. i eat right and rest properly. Ik now your lower back takes longer than everything else.. like 10 days right?

Jay

2 - 4 days training a week max.

Leaving time between certain muscles is one thing, but you have a central nervous system which will become fatigued whatever muscle/bodypart/movement pattern you train, regardless of when or how often you train it.

You should have roughly 1 day rest for each day you are training on, hence 3-4 days a week.

2 - 4 days training a week max.

Leaving time between certain muscles is one thing, but you have a central nervous system which will become fatigued whatever muscle/bodypart/movement pattern you train, regardless of when or how often you train it.

You should have roughly 1 day rest for each day you are training on, hence 3-4 days a week.

I know this is the general consensus, but it's not always gospel. You CAN train more often so long as you are keeping your volume and intensity in check.

I don't train body parts, but I train movements, and I do the same movements every 3 days and alternate an upper/lower scheme on a 2 days on, one day off schedule, so I guess that means I train 5 times in a week. I make sure I get my needed rest, and my diet is in check.

Now, I have the time to do this, so I choose to do it this way. If I didn't have the time that I have, I would probably go with an every other day type of schedule, as that is one of my favorites as well.

I'd agree with Stewart. If you gauge the intensity of the workouts, you can train more than 5 days a week. Some cycles I'll train upwards of 6-7 days a week and be just fine.

Diet has to be top notch but some of my workouts are geared more towards rehab to get blood flowing back to the mucles and are not high intensity at all.

I know this is the general consensus, but it's not always gospel. You CAN train more often so long as you are keeping your volume and intensity in check.

I don't train body parts, but I train movements, and I do the same movements every 3 days and alternate an upper/lower scheme on a 2 days on, one day off schedule, so I guess that means I train 5 times in a week. I make sure I get my needed rest, and my diet is in check.

Now, I have the time to do this, so I choose to do it this way. If I didn't have the time that I have, I would probably go with an every other day type of schedule, as that is one of my favorites as well.

I know this, and you know this, but judging from the guy's question he wouldnt know how to manage those training variables considering the setup of his training at the moment relies on time between training a particular bodypart, which as you know is a flawed way of looking at things.

2-4 days a week isnt gospel, no, but its a pretty good rule of thumb for everybody, dont you think?

Back