• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Diet soft drink a day increases heart attack, stroke risk: study

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Diet soft drink a day increases heart attack, stroke risk: study by AFP Relaxnews New research finds that a daily diet soft drink habit could boost your risk for heart attack and stroke. Data were analysed from 2 564 participants in the NIH-funded Northern Manhattan Study, with researchers examining how often individuals drank soft drinks [...]
Read More...

"They found that those who drank diet soft drinks daily were 43 percent more likely to have suffered heart attacks or strokes than those who drank none. Light diet soft drink users, meaning “those who drank between one a month and six a week,” and those who chose regular soft drinks were not more likely to suffer vascular health problems, according to a press release."

I need to look this study up, as I wonder about confounds. For example, how many of these people already suffered from blood sugar issues, were obese, or had other health problems, which is why they went after diet sodas to begin with? I am sure they tried to control for these other variables, but some of these studies are pretty sloppy.

So now, diet sodas kill people, but I can buy those at the grocery store. Why in the hell is it so hard to get some bloody testosterone? Ridiculous.

These studies are hard to quantify. First off what type of people were they, also there is a serious lack of details. Were these active people or what? I would take it with a grain of salt there are too many other un-controlled factors ie other parts of their diet etc. to come to a worthwhile conclusion.

Back