• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Multivitamins really necessary?

Braveheart82

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been looking at the nutrition labels for the foods I eat and I can easily see that I get all the vitamins I need from those foods.

Yet, I still took a multi for a month but didn't really notice anything different.

Can you guys tell the difference or is it just a placebo kind of thing?

If you're eating right and see you're getting your necessary intake of vitamins that way I see no point of supplementing with a multi. Excess of certain minerals and vitamins in your system can actually be counter productive in extreme cases.

All depends on how much and % of vitamins you are getting from your food. you drink orange juice that says it supplies 100% of your daily vitamin C requirement ...your body will not absorb 100% of that drink, your lucky to get 50% of the vitamin C out of it. Just like a multi vitamin your body will not absorb the full amount...thats why you see vitamins that are 100%+ some 500% vitamin C.... you can only absorb 100% of anything...I hate when people say I give 110%..impossible you would be dead at 100% exertion.

All depends on how much and % of vitamins you are getting from your food. you drink orange juice that says it supplies 100% of your daily vitamin C requirement ...your body will not absorb 100% of that drink, your lucky to get 50% of the vitamin C out of it. Just like a multi vitamin your body will not absorb the full amount...thats why you see vitamins that are 100%+ some 500% vitamin C.... you can only absorb 100% of anything...I hate when people say I give 110%..impossible you would be dead at 100% exertion.

read all 110% of this post. :daydream:

You're making a huge assumption here. You're assuming that the percentages you're reading on the nutritional labels are completely accurate. They're the FDA daily recommended amount based on a 2000 calorie diet. So 500% Vit C is simply 5 times the amount the FDA recommends based on 2000 calorie diet. You might be able to absorb 200% Vit C if the FDA wrong, your calorie intake is higher, young, old, race, gender ect... It's not an exact science.

Necessary? No.
Cheap insurance? Yes.
How much selenium was in your foods? Iodine? Zinc? Phosphorus? What about all the other micronutrients that aren't generally listed on food labels?

I take a multivitamin because that way I don't have to worry about most vitamins and minerals. A mild oversupply of vitamins is generally well-tolerated by the body, so a multi will not do you any harm, unless you have an odd metabolic disorder. Plus, even though your food might contain 100% of a vitamin, it doesn't mean it's 100% bioavailable.

So I take a multi so I don't have to think about whether or not I got enough of a particular vitamin. I think I paid 16 or 17 bucks for a year's worth of tablets at a Walgreens. One (or several) less things to think about.

I don't think you are going to notice a big difference when taking a multivitamin. I think overall, they make sure your body gets the right amount of vitamins, and keep you healthier over the long term. Ever since I have been taking vitamins, I rarely get sick.

Woah! Didn't know that at all...That's crazy. So just to be on the safe side, it's better to get more right? I always assumed your body got what was on the label...live and learn, live and learn.

Necessary? No.
Cheap insurance? Yes.
How much selenium was in your foods? Iodine? Zinc? Phosphorus? What about all the other micronutrients that aren't generally listed on food labels?

I take a multivitamin because that way I don't have to worry about most vitamins and minerals. A mild oversupply of vitamins is generally well-tolerated by the body, so a multi will not do you any harm, unless you have an odd metabolic disorder. Plus, even though your food might contain 100% of a vitamin, it doesn't mean it's 100% bioavailable.

So I take a multi so I don't have to think about whether or not I got enough of a particular vitamin. I think I paid 16 or 17 bucks for a year's worth of tablets at a Walgreens. One (or several) less things to think about.
When you put it that way, that makes sense. Might as well cover the bases. Thanks!

Back