• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bulking is hard work

feinburgrl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone think bulking is much harder to do and not as fun or tastlie as you thought you did before doing it?

I agree bulking is a full time job for me...al I do is eat eat eat..food is beginig to become desguesting a real chore..when I'm not bulking food tast great and I enjoy it but right now I just eat and bloat lift and sleep...I'm a real hardgainer

I make protein shakes that's about 700kcal a pop... makes bulking easy.

Personally, I'd rather bulk than cut.

Bulking can be tough in that the caloric requirements can be difficult to maintain, but cutting sucks baaaaaaaaad. The physiological toll that underfeeding has, in addition to the psychological battle one must endure is not nearly as enjoyable. Food is a tool for me, bulking or cutting, but eating on a caloric excess is far less bothersome.

I never looked at it from that standpoint..my buddy is let's say "big boned" and he alway gets mad at me for. Bitchin about how hard it is to gain.. but looking at it from his standpoint I guess I'm lucky because he spend a hour of just cardio sweating his ass off and when we go out to dinner he gets a salad and I eat steak and really whatever I want..so from this point on I'm am done bitchin about it being hard to gain because it loks way harder to lose weight

Mazda, your lucky. I'm one of those "non-hardgainer" types who can gain weight just by looking at a hamburger. Now, I have lost a lot of weight before and then fell into the body-building routine of cutting and bulking.

With my experience, I have found that cutting is worse then bulking. Even though I have to watch what I eat when I bulk, something about caloric counting, restriction and excessive cardio all while feeling like shit, just makes cutting a b***h!

Oh and thanks for rubbing the "I'm an ectomorph" in :pissed:

Last edited:
I've been eating so much the past 4 months, and I am getting sick of it BUT I am really glad I don't have to cut because I can take a break and basically eat whatever I want and it would be like maintenance. After this contest is over I'm cutting back to a more manageable caloric intake. 5500-6000 is just too hard to do for a long period of time.

Bulking and cutting both suck. Anytime you are way above or below maintenance is taxing. Eating isn't enjoyable, it's just work.

Bulking is a lot harder than cutting for me.

Cutting is fine, I usually feel well-fed and energized. Then again, I cut at around 3000-3200.

Bulking is tough, as it requires a lot of force feeding. However, the strength gains that come from the caloric surplus are always worth the eating...oh yeah, and how can I not LOVE the massive shits I get to take in the morning. Ahhh, one of life's simple pleasures.

Bulking is 10x than harder then cutting for me, I simply do not have a big appetite even when training balls to the wall and going to the gym 2x a day. eating just to eat is pretty much the exact opposite of how I was raised then there's that constant struggle.

Yea, bulking is hard and not cheap!

adding in healthy fats to meals, protein shakes (except post workout) is probably the cheapest way to increase the cals...

It's hard for people who have trouble eating enough to gain weight. I get sick of eating every 2 hours sometimes.

Back