• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

rice facts v myths ?

the_leprechaun

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So i`ve finally started pre cooking my meals....
ie. making a batch of rice to last 3 days.. i normally freeze 2 days worth and put 1 day into the fridge so i can just eat good the following 3 days just with some defrosting and reheating!!
HOWEVER!! all im hearing from ppl around me is you can`t reheat rice/freeze rice etc. or i`ll end up with salmonella!!!
just wondering is it ok to freeze then defrost and reheat??

I cook enough rice for 2-4 days all the time and just put it in the fridge,,,,,,,I'm not dead yet.

ForemanRules said:
I cook enough rice for 2-4 days all the time and just put it in the fridge,,,,,,,I'm not dead yet.

Agreed 100%.

Edit:
the_leprechaun said:
HOWEVER!! all im hearing from ppl around me is you can`t reheat rice/freeze rice etc. or i`ll end up with salmonella!!!

Who the fuck did you hear this from? Pardon my french. I'd love to hear of someone dying from rice induced salmonella :laugh: . Really i would. You are wasting your time by putting 2 days worth in the freezer and thawing it. If my fat rare roast can last 5 days in the fridge, then certainly your rice can last 3-4 days.

I always cook my brown rice 3 days in advance....been doing that forever and I never got sick...so I'd say that is myth.

Back