• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

sweet potatoes

cider303

go big or go home
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How does everyone eat them? I personnally cant stomach them because I feel like the taste is just too overwhelming... too strong... Does anyone mix sweet potatoes with anything? I was thinking of cottage cheese. any other ideas?

Actually I eat yams,, I eat them fresh, buy them by the bag at costco, already cut up into sticks - they are awesome & very sweet

You can also microwave or bake the sweet potatoe, put cinnamon and splenda or equal in it and it's good that way, kind of like pie!

and sometimes & mix the potatoe in with my chicken or turkey and put a light terriaki sauce on it, maybe a little sesame oil

A few ideas anyway :D

so wait, they are raw when you eat them?

how do you prepare it when you microwave sweet potatoes? just stick in there no hot water or anything??

Yes I eat them raw - they taste kind of like carrots or parnisps

In the microwave, do it like you cook a baked potato, just poke a couple holes in the skin, put it in there and cook for 4 minutes or so, depending on how big it is. Then you can just scoop out the middle and mix it with whatever you want.. yumm

eat the skin too as it's the most nutritious part.

How does everyone eat them? I personnally cant stomach them because I feel like the taste is just too overwhelming... too strong... Does anyone mix sweet potatoes with anything? I was thinking of cottage cheese. any other ideas?

Spray a baking pan with PAM or other non-fat spray. Cut sweet potatoes into fries, season to taste and bake them about 45 minutes. I love them with mustard for dipping.:D

boil them until fork tender, mash them up and add splenda and pumpkin pie spice. If your diet allows, do the same thing but skip the spice and put in a can of crushed pineapple. Heaven :D

Spray a baking pan with PAM or other non-fat spray. Cut sweet potatoes into fries, season to taste and bake them about 45 minutes. I love them with mustard for dipping.:D

Egads, I totally never thought of this...I'll be doing this next instead of my usual mushy microwave sweet potato!! :clapping:

IML Gear Cream!
interesting hammerlynn... sounds goood

Youre not alone. Everytime I am at RoadHouse Bar & Grill I try to eat these things. Even with cinnamon, I cant do it.

Do you class sweet potatoes as a potato or a vegetable

I just tried this yesterday - they were awesome!

Sweet potato's and yams are the same thing, but most commonly called yams in the U.S.

I bake, pan grill (but heat in microwave first), mash, or bqq. I usually add some honey and/ or cinnamon for taste. I also tried making sweet potato fries which were really good:

Preheat oven to 450
Cut potato into strings, or coins.
Partially boil (2-5 min).
Pat dry.
salt and/or season with your favorite spice.
put on a cookie sheet and drizzle EV-olive oil.
bake for about 25-30 min.

Back