• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

difference between leg press and plate loaded squat machine?

miragelol

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi all!!

What is the difference between leg press and plate loaded squat machine.

I usually do both those machines on the days when i work my legs.I usually work these machines 2 ways,

1. with my legs apart at shoulder width.
2. my legs resting V shaped.

What i want to know is, am i wasting my time working both the machines, because seems like, i am working the same muscle group?

Thank you!

i am attaching a picture of plate loaded squat machine in this reply and then in the other one the seated leg press i am talking about, since i cannot attach 2 attahments in the same message.

Also, can you also tell me why to use the Hack squat machine?? should i use the hack squat machine on top of the leg press and plate loaded squat machine..?

thank ya!

I guess just the mechanics of it, and the fact that it's easier to change a pin than load plates. :shrug:

Personally, I say do free weight squats and forget all of the damn machines! :)

Hack squats cause more direct work from the quads, and of course they take pressure off of the rest of the body compared to free weight squats. I do them once in awhile, but honestly the leg press and hack squat both cause me knee pain, where as a free weight squat does not.

on my leg days, i usually follow the following routine with a little bit of variations.. can you please comment..

leg press,
leg extension,
seated plate loaded squat machine,
calf extension,
leg curl..

I do free weights for my upper body, but free weights for my lower body is something i haven't considered yet. can you comment on my leg workout and also give me tips on which of the above machines should i replace with free weights..

thanx!!

i do free weight squats with my back on the exercise ball, the movement is real good and no pressure on back

plus my gym don't have no barbells, only dumbells

Back