• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Broken thumb...can't lift

Lomac

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I hope this belongs in the "training section",
So I started up Ishinru karate a few months ago and enjoyed my first bout of sparring yesterday.
Today I have a left arm thats entirely black and blue. And a broken thumb on my right hand. Don't get me wrong, the class is really cool but I'm new and don't have pads, plus I blocked a kick with my right hand open...Now my thumb resembles a hotdog put in the microwave to long.
So my question is has anyone here broken a thumb (where the thumb meets the hand) and how long did it take before you could start lifting with your hand.

P.S. yes I realize that "where the thumb meets the hand" sounds like some Budhist concept of illusion or something. :headbang:

No clue on how long. But after giving it a few days off I would train whatever you can without grip. Use machine to train your whole body pretty much. If you aren't a member at a gym with machines just get a 7-14 day pass or something and I am sure you can work it out. Hopefully someone can chime in on how long it should take to heal. If it was a toe, I'd just tape the shit and deal....but the thumb is a bit more important.

all i can say is, sorry to hear that man. I would just keep up your diet and cardio
maybe use some machines open handed. Abs everything else you can possibly do without
further injury. sucks ass i know. Just be carefull

Yea no biggy. Atleast you didnt break your arm or leg or something. Just imagine how long it would be before you could lift after something like that. Happened to me twice, it sucks when the whole time while your recovering all you can think about is wow I am almost able to lift again!

Ya , I'd say wait a week before doing any lifting . Give your thumb a good week rest without any stress . I broke my midle finger while mountain biking a few years back . After 2-3 weeks I was good as new . But ya , try to do exercises with machine . You may also be able to do some bench press on a smith with your palms . Just dont put to heavy of a weight and make sure you have a spot ;)

Pussy..............lol, jk good luck with lifting, take some time off

Back