• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Paleo question

ChrisSmithWebGuy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have spent most of the time reading up on the Paleo diet. I still have some questions. I see conflicting reports regarding some foods. Some sources seem to say that sweet potatoes are not paleo friendly, yet others recommend them. Can someone please clarify?

what about in the athletes, most triathletes fuel with Gatorade or gels. Does anyone have paleo friendly alternatives they can suggest?

Thanks in advance. :winkfinger:

Paleo is against starchy veggies, thus why it isn't recommended.

Paleo is against starchy veggies, thus why it isn't recommended.
Not 100% accurate. Paleo is against grains and legumes. Potatoes are a tuber and are actually suggested for athletes to consume.

OP, you can eat them, but only 2-3x/week (when you're feeling drained). As for the Gatorade/gel question, I can't think of anything similar for this scenario. One of the shortcomings of the Paleo diet is with regard to suppements, but I give myself some wiggle room on these.

Sweet potatoes are one of the best foods you can eat tho! No need to follow a specific diet...just eat clean and the right amount for your goals and ull be better off. Always include healthy carbs, fats and proteins.

Sweet potatoes are one of the best foods you can eat tho! No need to follow a specific diet...just eat clean and the right amount for your goals and ull be better off. Always include healthy carbs, fats and proteins.

The only problem is that everyone has a different definition of clean.

Eh i guess so. Theres a vid on youtube of a BB talking about the 7 foods that work. Reminds me of this and he mentions chicken, brown rice, sweet potato,tuna, eggs, banana and something else. Not sure off the top of my head but nutritionally speaking, sweet potatoes are extremely clean!

Bingo. I lost my excess weight on the Atkins diet. Ribeye steaks fried in butter were clean. Sweet potatoes were a cheat.

Now I eat both of these foods - just not all the time. Damn but a sweet potato and a steak are a match made in heaven though, aren't they?

Eh i guess so. Theres a vid on youtube of a BB talking about the 7 foods that work. Reminds me of this and he mentions chicken, brown rice, sweet potato,tuna, eggs, banana and something else. Not sure off the top of my head but nutritionally speaking, sweet potatoes are extremely clean!

I can give you several reasons as to why he is very wrong is his position, but I digress.

Bingo. I lost my excess weight on the Atkins diet. Ribeye steaks fried in butter were clean. Sweet potatoes were a cheat.

Now I eat both of these foods - just not all the time. Damn but a sweet potato and a steak are a match made in heaven though, aren't they?

The wife and I had our refeeds this evening with eggs, thick-cut bacon, potato pancakes fried in EVCO, and pineapple. It was delicious.

Back