• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

my attempt at a balanced diet...again (please tell me what you think)

brollickby06

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok this isnt the first time i tried making myself a balanced diet, but the other ones didnt sound so good to you guys.
Well, i tried again and here it is

by the way, my goals are bulking...but not a hardcore bulk
i really dont want to gain excess fat

heres my diet:

protein/fat/carbs

8am
4 eggs, 1/2 cup oatmeal
29/9/32

11am
6 slices turkey breast + 4 slices wheat bread
30/5/56

1-2pm: preworkout shake 37/2/50
4-5pm: post workout shake 37/2/50

the shake is the same for both before and after workout.
Consists of water, 1 scoop protein isolate, 1 cup milk, 1/2 banana, some oats
the values come out to 37/2/50 and about 350 calories
(thanks for help makin my shake emma!!!)

7pm
tuna + salad greens + 2 slices wheat bread (40g/4g/28g)

10pm
6-7 oz chicken breast (50g/15g/0g)

12am: right before bed
1/2 cup 1% milkfat cottage cheese (14g/1g/3g)

total:
237g protein
38g fat
220g carbs

im guessing you guys are gona tell me to down my protein and up my carbs a bit..and probably not to get so many carbs from crappy wheat bread...but IDK what to doooo....i can only handle so much oatmeal :pissed:

hows pilaf rice? thats easy to make so i hope its good for u lol

and as for my stats, im a 18 year old weakling trying to get stronger but not gain too much fat. Im 165 lbs , 5'8" and pretty damn weak, so % bodyfat must be kind of high.

my workout:
mon: back/chest
tues: bicep/tricep
wed: legs/shoulders
thurs: back/chest
fri: bicep/tricep
sat/sun: run atleast one of the 2 days

..and i usually do some cheating on the diet over the weekends...

so overall what do you guys think?
I know this is like the 10th time i posted my eating plan etc..but i just want to get ti right. Any input would be greatly apreciated.

boilermaker said:
Somebody here is going to tell you that you need alot more healthy fats and veggies...........................You know who she is.

Yeah, she's about to 0wn you with knowledge.

I wish she would 0wn me sometime.....in bed. :hehe:

brollickby06 said:
protein/fat/carbs

8am
4 eggs, 1/2 cup oatmeal
29/9/32
?? 4 WHOLE eggs? Or 4 egg whites? Because neither of them add to that total... :hmmm:

4 whites + 0.5c oats = 19g protein, 2.5-3g fats
4 whole eggs + 0.5 cups oats = ~32g protein and ~22-23g fats

Regardless, it is a pretty pathetic breakfast for someone your size and with your goals...

Add more protein
Add more carbs
Add some healthy fats

11am
6 slices turkey breast + 4 slices wheat bread
30/5/56
Dump the bread. You do not need to have oats but bread is crap, especially that many slices a day. What about things like sweet potato, brown rice, pearl barley, chick-peas...? If you insist on bread then use a sprouted bread or essene bread.

Then add vegetables and healthy fats to this meal.

Welcome. :)

7pm
tuna + salad greens + 2 slices wheat bread (40g/4g/28g)
Dump the bread. Same advice as above (brown rice, sweet tato, legumes etc etc). Add healthy fats and make sure you are getting lots of green stuff too.

10pm
6-7 oz chicken breast (50g/15g/0g)
Ok - decrease the size of the chicken serve (aim for ~35g) and increase use that protein in your breakfast...

Add some vegetables and healthy fats here too.

1/2 cup 1% milkfat cottage cheese (14g/1g/3g)
Have a whole cup of cc and add some healthy fats here too.

total:
237g protein
38g fat
220g carbs

im guessing you guys are gona tell me to down my protein and up my carbs a bit..and probably not to get so many carbs from crappy wheat bread...
Actually, at 165 pounds then anything up to ~250g protein is fine for you...

You are right about the bread though.

In regards to the carbs - well, I would be more concerned with increasing your healthy fats to start with... 38g is about half of what someone your size would need. Especially being at your age.. You know you need fat for correct testostterone production right?? ;)

But whether or not I would also increase carbs depends on this comment:
and as for my stats, im a 18 year old weakling trying to get stronger but not gain too much fat. Im 165 lbs , 5'8" and pretty damn weak, so % bodyfat must be kind of high.
If your BF is high then I would be cautious about 'bulking'... You may be better off staying the weight you are and just focusing on training and eating correctly so you can clean up your BF before you embark on adding more mass.

Also:
my workout:
mon: back/chest
tues: bicep/tricep
wed: legs/shoulders
thurs: back/chest
fri: bicep/tricep
sat/sun: run atleast one of the 2 days
I would change this too... Check out: this post for a great outline of how to set up a routine.

tried to fix up a few things...does it look better?
I have to go out and buy some brown rice and maybe some fish oils...but these are some temporary revisions

8am
3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal
29/15/32 (What should i add to make this breakfast less pathetic emma??)lol
and it is my oatmeal that has some fat. It is some wierd brand..but its still good stuff with lots of fiber etc.

11am
6 slices turkey breast + + 1 cup broccoli + 2/3 cup corn (ill add some brown rice later, after i go shopping but hows that for now?)
25/1/24

(i dont have fish oils, i have cod liver oil for now..ill take 3 after working out)

7pm
tuna + lettuce + 1 whole egg (my attempt to add a healthy fat)...or should i just eat tuna in oil?

10pm
4-5 oz chicken breast (35g/10g/0g)

1 cup 1% milkfat cottage cheese (28g/2g/6g)

better?

and i guess this isnt really a bulk...just a transition into a healthier lifestyle.
but i do want/need some gains...hopefully i get some newbie gains =)

brollickby06 said:
tried to fix up a few things...does it look better?
Not really... :rolleyes:

:p

I have to go out and buy some brown rice and maybe some fish oils...but these are some temporary revisions
Get fish oils (no maybe). Also get some olive oil or avocado while you are there.

8am
3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal
29/15/32 (What should i add to make this breakfast less pathetic emma??)lol
What should you add? More protein and more carbs.
Some carb suggestions would be things such as some fruit (eg: blueberries) or skim milk. I would increase your carbs to ~50g at the least.

Some protein would be some more whites or some milk or some cottage cheese... etc etc. You want ~30-35g protein in each of your meals.

11am
6 slices turkey breast + + 1 cup broccoli + 2/3 cup corn (ill add some brown rice later, after i go shopping but hows that for now?)
25/1/24
Corn is not a vegetable - it is the equivalant of adding some rice (but a little less calorie dense). I would have more carbs (eg: add some brown rice too)...
ADD MORE PROTEIN....
ADD HEALTHY FATS - eg: add some olive oil or avocado or some nuts..

(i dont have fish oils, i have cod liver oil for now..ill take 3 after working out)
Don't add fats around your workouts... this is the one meal you DO NOT want fat in. Add them to your other meals.

7pm
tuna + lettuce + 1 whole egg (my attempt to add a healthy fat)...or should i just eat tuna in oil?
If the tuna is in olive oil then tuna in oil would be fine... but 1 egg is not enough healthy fat.

So what about adding some avocado or some almonds or some olive oil?

10pm
4-5 oz chicken breast (35g/10g/0g)
10g fat? For 4-5 oz breast? What crazy fat chicken are you eating? :hmmm:

Typically 4-5 oz cooked chicken breast (skinless, bone removed) should be ~34-43g protein and ~3-4g fat.

ADD VEGETABLES!!! eg: 2 cups green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, spinach etc etc.

1 cup 1% milkfat cottage cheese (28g/2g/6g)
ADD HEALTHY FATS!

Sleep dude. If you are eating at 12 am and at 8am I am guessing that you are getting less than 8 hours of sleep. I think your diet is on the right track but I would say you need more sleep. Just an uneducated guess though!

yeah i only sleep 6ish hours...
i have trouble finding time to sleep 8 hours with school etc...studying pharmacy is rough

anyway, would it be okay for me to sleep a bit during the day? or is continuous sleep preferred.

and thanks again emma...im gona go buy some stuff then attempt to make a revised schedule for the 5987897th time...

so some things for my shopping list:
avacado
almonds
other various nuts
natural peanut butter (no idea where to find it)
olive oil
brown rice
fish oils

any other suggestions?

thanks!

IML Gear Cream!
It needs to be continuous so you can get into the "deep sleep". You need atleast 7 hours, 6 hours just doesnt cut it! Sleep deprivation causes fat gain! :finger:

8am
3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup skim milk
36/15/43
also, some mornings i dont have time to make eggs. can i just have 1 scoop protein isolate instead? (25/0/3) with a cup of skim milk?
im actually getting sick of eggs...
and do you think i should thrown in a banana or some strawberries in here?

11am
6 slices turkey breast + 1 cup brown rice(cooked) + 1/2 cup cottage cheese + 1 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil
and ill thrown in some broccoli (nutritional value not added in)
(34/7/38)

Consists of water, 1 scoop protein isolate, 1 cup milk, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup oats

7pm
4-5 oz chicken breast + 1 cup brown rice (cooked) + 1 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil + broccoli (nutritional value not added in)
(39/12/35)

10pm.
1 can tuna + 2 slices wheat bread + some almonds or 1/4 avocado and ill try to eat some lettuce with it
(40/10/32)
gimme a break emma (lol)...is wheat bread that bad? im in college..i need some ez to make meals...will it kill me to have the bread??

1 cup 1% milkfat cottage cheese + 1/4 avocado (29g/8g/10g)

totals
protein: 252g
fat: 56g
carbs: 258g

and should i get in more carbs or no? im a 165 lb 18 yr old male..and im a weakling

is this looking better now??? i hope to god it is lol
right now i have no olive oil...i have vegetable oil that says its source is soybean oil..2g of saturated fat. is veggie oil that bad? ill get olive oil asap i guess

finally, i have a question about my 7pm meal. to me, this is the most filling meal. is it placed at a good time? i was thinking of switching it with my 10pm meal
also, should i eat more rice? i was thinking 2 cups...i could easily eat 2 cups, i just dont want to eat too much...whats good 1 cup or 2??

oh and emma you asked about my chicken fat...i have no idea what to put in..i get the chicken breast from the butcher. it is skinless..but when i broil it, i see some fat drop on the bottom of the foil..so i guess its kinda fatty.

so just to be safe i made up a higher fat percentage lol

I think you could get in more carbs. I'm 140lbs and get in about 260-280g of carbs. If you add the banana (or a large apple) and change up your morning oats to 1 cup, that will give you about 50+ additional carbs. I, also, think you need a little more fat. Fish oil caps, avocado, olive oil, nuts, etc.

the thing is, i just really dont want to gain any more fat...im not cutting, i just wanna gain muscle with minimal fat...so maybe ill throw in a fruit in the morning..but i dont know if i should increase the carbs too much..

Well - your body needs a certain amount of fat even if you're trying to gain muscle. In fact, fish oil is an essential fatty acid (EFA) that I believe helps reduce body fat. I don't know the specifics - so we'll let Emma explain that (she's the expert :rocker: )

Last edited:
brollickby06 said:
8am
3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup skim milk
36/15/43
also, some mornings i dont have time to make eggs. can i just have 1 scoop protein isolate instead? (25/0/3) with a cup of skim milk?
im actually getting sick of eggs...
and do you think i should thrown in a banana or some strawberries in here?
Either the eggs or the protein powder would be fine.

I would add strawberries.

11am
6 slices turkey breast + 1 cup brown rice(cooked) + 1/2 cup cottage cheese + 1 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil
and ill thrown in some broccoli (nutritional value not added in)
(34/7/38)
This looks better. But 1 cup cooked rice is ~45g carbs?? So I have no idea how this fits into your macro ratios?? :hmmm:

Consists of water, 1 scoop protein isolate, 1 cup milk, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup oats
This is fine

7pm
4-5 oz chicken breast + 1 cup brown rice (cooked) + 1 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil + broccoli (nutritional value not added in)
(39/12/35)
Same carb comments as above. Use the olive oil (not vegetable oil).

10pm.
1 can tuna + 2 slices wheat bread + some almonds or 1/4 avocado and ill try to eat some lettuce with it
(40/10/32)
gimme a break emma (lol)...is wheat bread that bad? im in college..i need some ez to make meals...will it kill me to have the bread??
Have the bread if you want - it is not going to kill you.

1 cup 1% milkfat cottage cheese + 1/4 avocado (29g/8g/10g)
This is fine (albeit an odd combination)?! :p

totals
protein: 252g
fat: 56g
carbs: 258g

and should i get in more carbs or no? im a 165 lb 18 yr old male..and im a weakling
Your protein looks good - so leave it now.
I would add a little more fats - about 65g.
Carbs wise - First you should go back and double-check your calculations... Because some of them do not add up... But if you still want more then add some fruit to breakfast and see how that goes.

is this looking better now??? i hope to god it is lol/quote]
Yes.

right now i have no olive oil...i have vegetable oil that says its source is soybean oil..2g of saturated fat. is veggie oil that bad? ill get olive oil asap i guess
Get olive oil.

And fish oils. 6-10g a day.

finally, i have a question about my 7pm meal. to me, this is the most filling meal. is it placed at a good time? i was thinking of switching it with my 10pm meal
Your 7pm meal is fine... I would leave it as is.

also, should i eat more rice? i was thinking 2 cups...i could easily eat 2 cups, i just dont want to eat too much...whats good 1 cup or 2??
If you want more carbs then you could eat more rice... I would not double it to 2 cups, but you could increase to 1.5 cups... Although 1.5 cups = ~72g carbs... So that is much more than you are currently eating and you might find it will be too much.

Personally - I feel you are better off starting slowly. So begin with something around what you have now (add the fruit to breakfast and increase fats by ~10g). Then wait for a few weeks - If you do not gain, then look to adding some more carbs....

brollickby06 said:
and i guess this isnt really a bulk...just a transition into a healthier lifestyle.

Yeah, I was gonna say, where the hell are your calories? I would add more healthy fats.

emma I saw above you suggested "not having that many pieces of bread in a day" above, what so detrimental about the bread? Seriously I'm not being a smart ass. lol! Reason being I've always had about 6 pieces of bread (raw tuna sandwiches) for years and never really noticed any huge draw backs,(white bread at that) OR I'm I just being naive not noticing draw backs? Are just speaking about the carbs? thank ya for your thoughts

Back