• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Your newer car is telling on you ...

Yea, the blac box is such bullshit.

On one hand, it can be good.. in determineing(sp?) if a driver was actually drunk, and was driving like so. So there are no disputes in an accident.

The other.. is you are giving up YOUR freedom of privacy. What happens when your driving through the desert, and decide to speed? Will this info be reported to your insurance, so that they can drop you?

The lines of personal freedom can always be rredrawn in the interest of something or another. It's the sneaky mofo's that'r doin it without your knowledge that'll get you in the end. I would remove the device and service my own vehicle before I'd have the government pulling my driving habits up via satellite to decide whether it liked how I drive or more importantly who and where I was driving too.

BoneCrusher said:
I would remove the device and service my own vehicle before I'd have the government pulling my driving habits up via satellite to decide whether it liked how I drive or more importantly who and where I was driving too.
I don't think you can. It's tied to the computer in the car. You disable it and the car will not run.

So don't drive 106 MPH and kill someone and you'll have nothing to worry about.

They wanted real time satelite uplink with OBD II, obviously that did not happen in 1997.

dg806 said:
I don't think you can. It's tied to the computer in the car. You disable it and the car will not run.
If it just records data it may not effect with how the car runs.
It may just be a matter of finding the unit removing it.

I Are Baboon said:
So don't drive 106 MPH and kill someone and you'll have nothing to worry about.
Right, but I don't want to pay $20 extra a month because I went 66 MPH when the highest speed limit on this Island is 60 and the insurance company knows that.

Back