• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

RAW Power -- Strength Sports Contest Announcement !!!

ckcrown84

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
RAW POWER
IML Strength Sports Strength Contest

Welcome to the first Strength Sports contest on IML Forums.

We are proud to announce that two sponsors have stepped up the plate to bring us one great contest, with two fortunate winners!

Special thanks to:
Purity Source Labs -- P.S.L for bringing $350 of there International EP line products!

Legend Pharma -- Thanks to Anton Fire they will be putting up a prize for a winner as well!

TWO winners, TWO sponsors, one contest!

CONTEST
The goal and outcome of this contest will be to demonstrate a dedication to strength sports and interest in furthering ones strength development to a new level. We will all support and coach each participant into increasing form and strength to further develop their power and increase their lift.

Lifts will take place in two categories, one winner in each category.

Bench Contest: The bench press contest will be to develop and increase the raw bench press over a period of time (six weeks). You would be AMAZED at what can change in six weeks with the right program and help. We want to see you develop your strength over a period of time and the individual with the most improvement will be our winner.

Deadlift Contest: The deadlift contest will be similar to the bench contest. Over a period of time (six weeks) we will help you develop your deadlift, work the weakness, and the individual with the most progress will be our winner.

This is a TRANSFORMATION contest. Not one of physique, but of strength. Don't get it wrong. This program and challenge can apply to anyone interested in PL or BB. Is having a bigger and stronger deadlift or bench going to make you smaller? No...

PARTICIPATION

Each participant will create a LOG in this section. That log will begin with pictures and videos of the lift in which you hope to transform. From there we will help you with your program (if needed) and critique you over the period of weeks. Individuals that show the proper dedication and effort will win.

I am very excited to have this contest kick off, and very curious to see who has what it takes to see it through! It is easy to take some selfies and apply some instagram filters... it is another to put that weight in your hands...

ASK YOURSELF? Do I have what it takes to improve? To swallow my pride, show my weaknesses and work on it? Do I have what it takes to improve myself? If so, start that log and lets embark on a journey together!

Very interested in the DL contest.

Any ideas on sand baggers?

Warrior

Shouldn't be hard to judge maximum effort in videos. I will have numerous judges, some pro in my own social circle that will watch the videos.

Kinda hard to fake a deadlift, and should be pretty noticeable if someone is faking effort and faking the amount of weight they use.

However, I mean best we can hope to do with any contest is hope for some integrity and honesty.

But over a 6 week time period and NUMEROUS videos maintaining a consistent lie should be pretty hard.

I'm already running a westside log over on ASF. I think it will suffice.

I've got chalk, a belt, and nose tork.... Just need some halo

Warrior

I'm already running a westside log over on ASF. I think it will suffice.

I've got chalk, a belt, and nose tork.... Just need some halo

Warrior

Well I hope you participate !

Very interested in the DL contest.

Any ideas on sand baggers?

Warrior

To further expand on your point. If you watch my video from tonight...

You can clearly tell the amount of effort and body exertion this lift entailed.

This contest will expect similar quality videos.

Awesome ckcrown84,
Have to hand it to you this is very intriguing and a very good idea on your part. I will be following this for sure and if it was not for starting PT for my back I would be in for the bench contest. :ohyeah:
I have read and followed a lot of your posts and think you bring positive and fresh new ideas to IMF......

Sincerely,

Awesome ckcrown84,
Have to hand it to you this is very intriguing and a very good idea on your part. I will be following this for sure and if it was not for starting PT for my back I would be in for the bench contest. :ohyeah:
I have read and followed a lot of your posts and think you bring positive and fresh new ideas to IMF......

Sincerely,

Thank you ! That is much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm loving it! It's very difficult to put yourself out there to be judged and critiqued. Probably one of the reasons I have never competed. But increasing my raw DL has been one of the things I've been working very hard on over the last year.
Right now I'm at a Bw of 216 and pulled a raw PR of 510 at that Bw a few weeks ago and I know I had more in me but I held back. I would like to break 600 by the end of the year. Id also like to add about 10 pounds of solid muscle.
I'll put up my stats, pics and video when as soon as I can.
Thanks for doing this. It is excellent way to bring attention to the true meaning of Strength training.

IML Gear Cream!
I agree, effort cannot be faked. I think this is gives us an opportunity to discuss the difference between effort and intensity. Effort is hard to measure but as a strength athlete I have made up my own scale to measure effort. It's necessary for me when I'm logging my training session's to determine how hard I was working on a particular set or lift.
Anyone else have a method they use?

BigJim,

I hope you participate. You have had a lot to offer people in this sub-forum!

I think I'm going to. I just have to get my shit in order. I just DL'd on Mon so I'm probably not due to until Tuesday or Wednesday. It is suppose to be a deload week, but I'll see.
I'm 6'3 and #216 Bw, so I would like to get some ideas from other taller lifters. I use a conventional style if DL as I never liked sumo. Not too mention I like to throw in some power cleans, squat cleans and my primary squat is the front squat so I feel this style translates better for those lifts.
I am part body builder, part power lifter that is why I choose these lifts also.
I use to be about 250 at my heaviest body weight but I had some health issues that took me out for a while. Since then my appetite has not been the same and the treatments I've undergone has effected me on many levels. I don't want to make this about that stuff but it is a big motivator for me. I wrote about it in my intro when I first joined the site.
Very excited about it. I think it's very cool as I'm all about the training and less about the aesthetics, however, that is still important as I am still quite vein;).

I think I'm going to. I just have to get my shit in order. I just DL'd on Mon so I'm probably not due to until Tuesday or Wednesday. It is suppose to be a deload week, but I'll see.
I'm 6'3 and #216 Bw, so I would like to get some ideas from other taller lifters. I use a conventional style if DL as I never liked sumo. Not too mention I like to throw in some power cleans, squat cleans and my primary squat is the front squat so I feel this style translates better for those lifts.
I am part body builder, part power lifter that is why I choose these lifts also.
I use to be about 250 at my heaviest body weight but I had some health issues that took me out for a while. Since then my appetite has not been the same and the treatments I've undergone has effected me on many levels. I don't want to make this about that stuff but it is a big motivator for me. I wrote about it in my intro when I first joined the site.
Very excited about it. I think it's very cool as I'm all about the training and less about the aesthetics, however, that is still important as I am still quite vein;).

Some competition!

What are you pulling now?

Warrior

We have a bodybuilder at our gym that does PL also and he is a monster, and stays lean. He can switch from PL and do a BB Competition prep and be stage ready quite easily.

Some competition!

What are you pulling now?

Warrior

My raw PR is probably around 515-520. But I pulled 510 about a month ago. I definitely had a bit more in me but I was happy with 510.
I honestly have not even touched anything over 470 in the last 3 years because of what I was going through health wise. But even the last year of hard training I was working off percentages of nothing more then 480 as my max. I only went for it because I just wanted to test myself to see what true max effort felt like. It's been a long time.

Awesome. What's your goal for the contest?

Warrior

Well 6 weeks is not all that long with the way I train. I pretty much train 531 with a bit of West side and even German volume training (which I've added recently to add a bit of muscle mass). I basically personalize the program. It's a long term linear strength program that I just absolutely love.

So to answer your question I'd say 535-545. It all depends on how clean I'm looking to keep my lift. I really try to keep a neutral spine and not allow for too much lumbar rounding in my training. It's very tough to do since I don't use any equipment at all. A belt would allow me probably another 40-50 pounds but I haven't used one in a few years. I'd be a bit concerned that it may mess with my form.

I'll see. Maybe I'll train with a belt on my DL for this contest just to see what could get out of it. I'm sure I could make a more dramatic change.

Good luck to everyone who participates in this contest. I wanna see some sick numbers come 6 weeks

IML Gear Cream!
I'm in... I will post workouts but there will not be much in the way of DL sessions, I don't really DL often. I do other work to keep the DL movin up But there will be a thread showin workouts and numbers from each. Makes me want to get back at it now!

I'm in for both I'll try and get vids this week. When does the 6 weeks start?

It says raw power so does that mean no belts or straps? Or u just stating raw power as in strength competition?

It says raw power so does that mean no belts or straps? Or u just stating raw power as in strength competition?

We are starting but Ile give people time to get it together :) I will make an announcement once it's started but the logs that are up now do count so early birds have advantage and more time

Raw means no gear. A belt is fine and wraps are fine
Bench shirts and deadlifts suits are not

We have one serious contestant?

You guys that scared to lift some weights for some gear? *Mind is blown*

We have one serious contestant?

You guys that scared to lift some weights for some gear? *Mind is blown*

I wanted to send this to you in a PM ckcrown but I also want others to see it and possibly chime in.

I'm personally put off by the length of the contest. Not too mention a little more time to promo it?

I only say this because most of us who have been lifting for a while(I'm going on 20 years probably) know that 6 weeks is not all that much time to make a dent in our PR's. I don't want to risk an injury just to blow some numbers up for some gear. Maybe 10 years ago I would take the chance but I train much different and smarter. The truth is if these younger guys, who don't have much experience were to enter, they would blow me away cause I cannot possibly improve to the extent that they could. Not in 6 weeks. They could do everything wrong and still improve beyond what I can. It's too bad that most are too self conscious and egotistical to take the chance.
If it were a body recomp that's a whole other story. But it's strength we are talking about. I've been. Injury free for years because of the train. But it does take longer to hit PR's.
The fact is when you are on gear and getting stronger and stronger and you keep pushing th envelope because you are able to, you are bound to tear something or just cause chronic issues.
I've learned to hold back a bit even when I got more. I will only allow that for a few weeks per year. I feel the best I ever have any I continue to get stronger and stronger. But to change my PR all that much in the DL is not likely to happen. I'm thinking #20-30 at most or else I'm may be asking for trouble. That's my 2 cents. Either way it may not stop me.
Id like to hear any thoughts or comments. Some may say I'm a pushy but that's OK with me;).

I understand your concern

Unfortunately the fact is most are too short sighted for a very long contest of 15 to 20 weeks and the logs would start and end because people are ADD :)

Six weeks isn't terribly long, but is long enough to measure some improvement and demonstrate legitimate effort in improving and lifting

We are not in the business of just giving gear away

I feel like a six week run to show your capabilities, commitment, and ability to work for improvement is not asking for much.

Unfortunately the fact is most are too short sighted for a very long contest of 15 to 20 weeks and the logs would start and end because people are ADD :)

Six weeks isn't terribly long, but is long enough to measure some improvement and demonstrate legitimate effort in improving and lifting

I feel like a six week run to show your capabilities, commitment, and ability to work for improvement is not asking for much.

Well said :).

great point...

I think the time of 6 weeks is about perfect. Anymore and I think people would lose intrest. Although our lifts may not increase dramatically. U know being in any competition will always help to achieve our ultimate goal. I'm not too concerned with going all out and if an injury happens it happens but not something u can worry about in the strength sports I've competed in over the last 18 years. In strongman and powerlifting if u worry about injury it seems as though u fall behind and won't ever reach ur true potential. My log will start this weekend with my deadlift day and then bench shortly after. I do understand your concern for injury however ,but I love competition and I believe anytime I train for one or are in one it dramatically increases the chances of me reaching my major goals

Back