• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

McDonald's Literally Cannot Imagine How Its Workers Would Survive on the Minimum Wage

McDonalds feels & understands the suffering and problems of the 'Working Class'.... :pissed:

b6el34.jpg

you-deserve-a-break-today.jpg

...Well, maybe next life.....

Repped:

"When large companies make profits by paying their workers unlivable wages, we end up subsidizing their bottom lines. "

Hate to be unfortunate enough to be or like this person. I get it though, according to big business their philosophy is the little guy doesn't have to live. For very long anyways.

And he/she doesn't need to sow their oats either.

McDonald's_Literally_Cannot_Imagine_How-f270f8d8f5a72cd12154e6f236dbadb9

600 a month rent/mortage and 20 a month for health insurance and no heating or cooling bill??...on what planet?

is "other" code for food?

what kind of person takes a minimum wage job as a career?

Hate to be unfortunate enough to be or like this person. I get it though, according to big business their philosophy is the little guy doesn't have to live. For very long anyways.

And he/she doesn't need to sow their oats either.

McDonald's_Literally_Cannot_Imagine_How-f270f8d8f5a72cd12154e6f236dbadb9

that I ridiculous....my lights alone are 200

600 a month rent/mortage and 20 a month for health insurance and no heating or cooling bill??...on what planet?

and then there is the whole reality of getting that 2nd job. when millions and millions are struggling just trying to find one.

ok but why would anyone want to have a minimum wage job for a career?

Yeah these people are doing the job of a 16 year old with zero experience and want to make a career out of it? I wouldn't expect a 16 with no experience to make "a living wage" I don't see why other people would expect it doing the same job.

Yeah these people are doing the job of a 16 year old with zero experience and want to make a career out of it? I wouldn't expect a 16 with no experience to make "a living wage" I don't see why other people would expect it doing the same job.

what what exactly are the options for the majority of the population in a post-industrial economy?

lets hear them?

what what exactly are the options for the majority of the population in a post-industrial economy?

lets hear them?

I had a friend that worked at McDonald's in high school. He went to college for a semester or two. After dropping out he got a job as a materials handler in a machine shop, it probably paid less than $9 an hour. By applying himself he moved up the ladder; became a welder, then ran CNC, learned to program all kinds of shit. He's a supervisor now and owns a nice house on a good bit of land. The shop has grown and done really well too.

95% of the working population makes more than minimum wage. 97% of those over 25 make more than minimum wage.
Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2011

what kind of person takes a minimum wage job as a career?

My GF makes barely above min. wage, but she is very good at what she does in the hotel business, plus she has union backing and a very good health and retirement package. She still makes more than I do and I am manager of Photovoltaic Sales and am paid decently even though I am one of few people with my skill set and experience in a newly growing field where finding anyone with more than 6 years is rare. I could easily get another job with some of these bigger companies and make close to 100g's a year, but I have made my commitment to my company and am invested in it for more than money, I love the people I work with and my customers. So not all making minimum or barely above should be considered an idiot, nor is money always peoples biggest motivator.

I had a friend that worked at McDonald's in high school. He went to college for a semester or two. After dropping out he got a job as a materials handler in a machine shop, it probably paid less than $9 an hour. By applying himself he moved up the ladder; became a welder, then ran CNC, learned to program all kinds of shit. He's a supervisor now and owns a nice house on a good bit of land. The shop has grown and done really well too.

95% of the working population makes more than minimum wage. 97% of those over 25 make more than minimum wage.
Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2011

exactly my point and across the country in each small business how many supervisors are there per employee? how many shift supervisors, etc. per small firm is necessary and economically viable?

so your solution is that EVERYONE becomes a supervisor. do you understand how unrealistic your "solution" is?

As long as investors are the primary motivator for companies it won't be changing any time soon.

exactly my point and across the country in each small business how many supervisors are there per employee? how many shift supervisors, etc. per small firm is necessary and economically viable?

so your solution is that EVERYONE becomes a supervisor. do you understand how unrealistic your "solution" is?

Your reading comprehension is really poor. My response stated how most people don't make minimum wage. Clearly it's not possible that everyone is a supervisor. No where did I state that was a solution. I cannot fathom what the fuck you were thinking when you made that assumption.

IML Gear Cream!
Your reading comprehension is really poor. My response stated how most people don't make minimum wage. Clearly it's not possible that everyone is a supervisor. No where did I state that was a solution. I cannot fathom what the fuck you were thinking when you made that assumption.

well you clearly that your friend worked in minimum wage then acquired some skills and obtained higher employment in a shop where actual services (welding) are utilized and sold for a profit.

meanwhile in reality land the US economy is mainly service sector based. so your implication that everyone can eventually get a higher paying job once more skills are obtained is not realistic in a post-industrial economy.

and it's not my fault that you don't understand economics for shit, my reading comprehension surely isn't the problem.

so your implication that everyone can eventually get a higher paying job once more skills are obtained is not realistic in a post-industrial economy.

Nope, same stupid assumption repackaged. My point is that if you still work at McDonald's flipping burgers after ten years it's your fault. Most people in the country do not make minimum wage which is what the OP is about. No where did I imply this is a universal solution to increase everyone's pay nor is it a logical extension of my statement. Your reading comprehension sucks dick.

Back