• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cannabis 'raises psychosis risk'

TCAP28

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Cannabis 'raises psychosis risk'

Cannabis users are 40% more likely than non-users to suffer a psychotic illness such as schizophrenia, say UK experts.

Writing in the Lancet, a team led by Dr Stanley Zammit from Bristol and Cardiff Universities said young people needed to be made aware of the dangers.

In an additional article, experts said up to 800 schizophrenia cases a year in the UK could be linked to cannabis use.

BBC NEWS | Health | Cannabis 'raises psychosis risk'

Kelju will do his nut when he reads this.

Agreed, although not as bad as it's made out there. It's one of the reasons I quit after 10 years of smoking the shit. Was making me paranoid and introverted. The good times had gone....

Kelju will do his nut when he reads this.

Agreed, although not as bad as it's made out there. It's one of the reasons I quit after 10 years of smoking the shit. Was making me paranoid and introverted. The good times had gone....

:clapping:

Ditto, but I know people that function just fine as users.

I also know people that use, and function, but not so fine, and I think this covers 90% of all stoners - :D

"Dude, where's my car?"

That study is a total piece of shit.

Pot doesn't make people crazy. Crazy people gravitate toward pot.

Almost 80% of people with manic depression have an alcohol or drug addiction. My neurologist cited the study, and I will see if I can't hunt it down.

When you suffer from mental illness, you will do anything to make the demon monkeys in your head calm down. Pot is the most therapeutic drug I have ever found for dealing with mania. Mania occurs when you your emotional sinwave spikes through the roof elevating heart rate, sex drive, and energy by dumping massive amounts of Serotonin, Norepinephrine and Dopamine into the neural synapse. This can cause a person to become unable to sleep for days on ends. After day three a person could become delusional with signs of psychosis. This is completely natural with, and usually takes some sort of powerful tranquilizer with mood stabilizer to bring the person back down to a reasonable level.

Here are some useful links if you are curious.

What is Bipolar Disorder? (Manic Depression)
NIMH: Bipolar Disorder

I have met other people with the disease, and I have yet to find one person with the disease that isn't a drug user or alcoholic.

Basically the OP's article is getting the carriage before the horse. Psychosis and pot use is highly correlated, but pot does not cause the psychosis, but rather the other way around.

Last edited:
Was making me paranoid and introverted. The good times had gone....

I know a lot of people like that. I am the opposite. Pot makes me happy, free, and sociable. Normally I am shy, timid, and introverted.

Back