• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How many IronMag members compete?

IslandGirl

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
in Powerlifting, StrongMan, Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure, Bikini, and now next year the NPC is coming out with "Physique" for men and woman.

Just curious how many has competed? If so, what shows have you done. What shows do you have lined up to do next year?

If you're doing your first show or competition, what show are you looking to do?

Post pics too!!!

I want to compete in weightlifting but availability is an issue right now. Because of that I may just train for some raw powerlifting competitions.

I used to compete in PL comps back in the 90's. I have serious body dysmorphia issues to the point where I haven't worn a tank-top in public since about '87 so getting on stage in a poising suite isn't even an option for me.

I want to compete in weightlifting but availability is an issue right now. Because of that I may just train for some raw powerlifting competitions.

What do you mean when you say "weightlifting?"

Are there many PL meets in your area?

I used to compete in PL comps back in the 90's. I have serious body dysmorphia issues to the point where I haven't worn a tank-top in public since about '87 so getting on stage in a poising suite isn't even an option for me.

Oh, why is this?

I have issues...lol

just don't like people staring at my body. i'm always the last to take the shirt off at the beach, pool, etc.

IML Gear Cream!
does competition in Muay Thai and MMA count? :D

I have issues...lol

just don't like people staring at my body. i'm always the last to take the shirt off at the beach, pool, etc.

Normal people always like to look at muscles.

Of course!!!

Well, in that case, as of a few months ago, I started competing in my club's shotgun golf tournaments...

Gotta invent new competition for myself, now!

How often to you compete in meets?

I used to do 3-4 annually until a couple years ago when I started hosting them myself. Lately I have not been very active doing either for reasons just due to life.

competing is the ultimate... you train, work on strong points, really hit your weak points, then finally peak and see how all your efforts stack up against the rest..

i love it..

been doing it 45 years now?? gymnast, running, ice hockey, now cycling, maybe my last year as a cyclist, and in another year deadlifting..

i know these arnt the powerlifting bodybuilding olo ylifting competitions, but you do have to lift a certain way, and lift hard to be stronger at your sport.

it takes more than good looks and a secret recipe to be at the top of your game..

competition is the best, and brings out the best in you. as my current bike racing goes, i travel alot to other states with different terrain to see how i do against the top guys there.. so far so good..

to each their own, but going to the gym 4-5-6 days a week and training and not competing is a waste to me.. train to beat someone.. thats what its all about.

i think everyone ought to compete.and compete often..

I used to do 3-4 annually until a couple years ago when I started hosting them myself. Lately I have not been very active doing either for reasons just due to life.

Are you thinking of making a comeback or getting back involved in hosting?

competing is the ultimate... you train, work on strong points, really hit your weak points, then finally peak and see how all your efforts stack up against the rest..

i love it..

been doing it 45 years now?? gymnast, running, ice hockey, now cycling, maybe my last year as a cyclist, and in another year deadlifting..

i know these arnt the powerlifting bodybuilding olo ylifting competitions, but you do have to lift a certain way, and lift hard to be stronger at your sport.

it takes more than good looks and a secret recipe to be at the top of your game..

competition is the best, and brings out the best in you. as my current bike racing goes, i travel alot to other states with different terrain to see how i do against the top guys there.. so far so good..

to each their own, but going to the gym 4-5-6 days a week and training and not competing is a waste to me.. train to beat someone.. thats what its all about.

i think everyone ought to compete.and compete often..

I do love competing too! I think it's fun and will keep doing it until it is no longer fun. I actually had retired from competing back in 1995. I made a comeback after in 2006 after 11 years and have been competing every year since then.

Ive just joined and am from the uk and have been competing for a year and I compete in the UKBFF, am taking a year of to add size for next years finals but also looking to compete in a strongman event in the new year.

Back