• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Wood choppers (for the challenged)

NFOMan

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Yo, guys:

I've recently added wood choppers to my routine.

These are insane. F*** I can't tell whether my shoulders (pecks & lats) are doing all the work or whether the lats or obliques are contributin'. I'm tryin to target the obliques -- but I haven't a clue.

If you are rotating your trunk you are working your abdominals, don't worry.

Make sure you are looking the way you want to rotate to get full ROM, the body follows the head.

Yo, thanks

If you are rotating your trunk you are working your abdominals, don't worry.

Make sure you are looking the way you want to rotate to get full ROM, the body follows the head.
----------------------------------

I'm really concentrating on keeping the body straight and twisting to accentuate the abs.. (I think my middle guys are really strong ) I can't always tell which muscle is pumpin'

But, it always gets better.

Thanks for your advice.

Yeah, concentrate on the rotation. You can even have your initial position rotated slightly away from the cable attatchment so you are making sure you are loading the obliques all the way through.

With any other exercise you get a better feel for it as you go on.

How are you doing them? Are you using a dumbbell? Do you have access to jump stretch bands?

Good question.

How are you doing them? Are you using a dumbbell? Do you have access to jump stretch bands?

I'm really into weight training, and I use the cables to get the maximum resistance. Maybe 150 lbs? (You can't tell with the machines with their numbering system). But anyhow, I'm sure the upper body is benefiting from this exercise, but I can't tell which muscles are doing all the work? I just pump and know that its working, but, I guess its the whole lower body thats contributing! Go figure.

Ok, tell you what, I will get a video made of how to do them and you can compare that to what you are doing. Once we have established that you are doing them right, we can then talk about what muscles are being worked.

Chris

Most here are also not into powerlifting with bands and such.

Most here are also not into powerlifting with bands and such.

I understand that, but bands and chains can be used to increase strength all athletic endeavors as well.

The wood chop can be performed with a dumbbell and that is how I normally do it.

It definitely works the entire abdomen.

Yeah, you are working quads there more than anything.

Back