• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Dumbell Rows vs Equipment Aided Rows

kyoun1e

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Curious what folks prefer here or if there is reason to use one vs the other?

Dumbell rows seem like the standard approach for back, but there is risk for back stress if you do these incorrectly.

Equipment -- seated cable row, seated row with chest pad, laydown row -- seem to eliminate the back issues, but I'm not sure I actually work the muscle as much as your pure dumbell row.

Comments?

Thanks.

KY

DB rows have you supported with the non-working hand which is why i like them better than BB rows.

cable rows are good.

chest supported rows are good (if you can get over the compression feeling on your chest).

either way, form needs to be adhered too.

patrick

Surprised by the responses.

If they're all equal in terms of benefit, I'm tempted to drop the two hand , bent over dumbell row. It just seems to put more stress on my lower back. And since I ruptured a disc down there a few years ago, I'd rather not continue down this path if an equal alternative exists.

KY

Surprised by the responses.

If they're all equal in terms of benefit, I'm tempted to drop the two hand , bent over dumbell row. It just seems to put more stress on my lower back. And since I ruptured a disc down there a few years ago, I'd rather not continue down this path if an equal alternative exists.

KY

I don't do any row that I am not supported in anymore because it just wrecks the back trying to stay in that position.

That includes BB row or 2-handed DB bent over row. That is why I said, the non-dominant had should be supporting you in the DB row.

patrick

Is T bar row a seated row with cable with the wide grip bar?

this is a t bar row

57_52_orig.gif

Back