• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

17 year old to serve 10 Years in Prison for having consensual sex with 15 year old

NordicNacho

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
gwinnettdailypost.com

ATLANTA (AP) ??? The Georgia Supreme Court has turned down an appeal from a teen who was sentenced to 10 years in prison for having sex with a 15-year-old.
In a ruling released Friday, the court denied a motion for reconsideration filed by lawyers for Genarlow Wilson, who was 17 when he and the 15-year-old engaged in consensual oral sex. He was sentenced for aggravated child molestation.
Wilson???s case was one of two cases that were cited earlier this year when lawmakers passed a law that otherwise strengthened penalties for sex offenders, but reduced the penalty from a felony to a misdemeanor for some teenagers convicted of sodomy.
Presiding Justice Carol Hunstein noted that in easing the penalties for teens, ??????the Legislature expressly chose not to allow the provisions of the new amendments to affect persons convicted under the previous version of the statute.??????
Hunstein added she was ??????very sympathetic to Wilson???s argument regarding the injustice of sentencing this promising young man with good grades and no criminal history to 10 years in prison without parole and a lifetime registration as a sexual offender because he engaged in consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old victim only two years his junior,?????? but said the court was bound the by limits set by the Legislature

The brutal part is the judge who created this law says this is rediculous.

Right after he was sentenced they changed the law to a misdemeanor. But he is fucked.

That and he will be tagged as a child molester.

gwinnettdailypost.com

ATLANTA (AP) ??? The Georgia Supreme Court has turned down an appeal from a teen who was sentenced to 10 years in prison for having sex with a 15-year-old.
In a ruling released Friday, the court denied a motion for reconsideration filed by lawyers for Genarlow Wilson, who was 17 when he and the 15-year-old engaged in consensual oral sex. He was sentenced for aggravated child molestation.
Wilson???s case was one of two cases that were cited earlier this year when lawmakers passed a law that otherwise strengthened penalties for sex offenders, but reduced the penalty from a felony to a misdemeanor for some teenagers convicted of sodomy.
Presiding Justice Carol Hunstein noted that in easing the penalties for teens, ??????the Legislature expressly chose not to allow the provisions of the new amendments to affect persons convicted under the previous version of the statute.??????
Hunstein added she was ??????very sympathetic to Wilson???s argument regarding the injustice of sentencing this promising young man with good grades and no criminal history to 10 years in prison without parole and a lifetime registration as a sexual offender because he engaged in consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old victim only two years his junior,?????? but said the court was bound the by limits set by the Legislature
Sounds like he was legislated into prison. I really feel bad for this kid. Classic injustice ...

I think Americans were "free?"

What about "Freedom is not Free?"

I see these yellow ribbons on cars.

^ I am not sure.

I keep hearing that "Americans are free."

They want "freedom" in Iraq.

Maybe these Americans with their bumper stickers are referring to the Schenck vs. United States case.

I am confused. :hmmm:

The brutal part is the judge who created this law says this is rediculous.

Right after he was sentenced they changed the law to a misdemeanor. But he is fucked.

That and he will be tagged as a child molester.

The state government of Georgia is a real piece of work. . .it was just a couple of years ago that the state legislature, after receiving complaints from several parents, discovered they had a statute on the books allowing a MINOR to MARRY without parental consent as long as one of the partners was pregnant. In the reported cases at the time, parents were unable to prevent their children (in one case, a 14 or 15 year old boy) from marrying a woman over 20 years his senior because she was pregnant.

The political party leaders running the Georgia legislature pretended to be "shocked" that these marriages were taking place, even though state law allowed them for 40 years. So the 38 year old mother of a high school kid could get knocked up by her son's buddy and get married to him without his parent's knowledge....but this 17 year old kid is thrown away for 10 years and becomes a registered sex offender for playing around with a 15 year old.

I'd wager if the state would ever enforce an adultery law, half the same nutcases in the legislature that passed these laws would find themselves sitting in a prison cell. But then that's why the state ain't gonna enforce those laws.

that's so wrong. no way should that stand.

Of course it is only because he's black. I mean ... we all know that right? A white boy would have already walked. The kid is guilty of felonious pigmentation.

i had a hunch it was a black boy shagging some white guys daughter. am i right?

This is yet another reason I do not trust our government, and claim zero loyalty or obedience to any government.

The governor of Georgia should have pardoned that poor boy the second he heard about this. I'm sad for the boy. He did nothing wrong, and his life is destroyed. :(

i had a hunch it was a black boy shagging some white guys daughter. am i right?
No it was a black on black crime. The video ... someone filmed it on their cell ... was posted in the first thread about this shituation. It showed the censored version of the dude at a party where I think the chick just sorta offered him a hummer. He's a teen ager so of course he didn't say no.

No it was a black on black crime. The video ... someone filmed it on their cell ... was posted in the first thread about this shituation. It showed the censored version of the dude at a party where I think the chick just sorta offered him a hummer. He's a teen ager so of course he didn't say no.

Well there was another story of this happening in Georgia where the boy was black and the girl was white. I saw it on 60 minutes about a year ago. I guess Georgia just likes to put kids in prison.

Well there was another story of this happening in Georgia where the boy was black and the girl was white. I saw it on 60 minutes about a year ago. I guess Georgia just likes to put kids in prison.
I hate to be wrong, get busted, then have to admit it. Now I gotta go dig up that clip and see if I'm misremembering this case. :pissed:

Marcus Dixon case was a lil white chick and in Georgia. In the other thread it was discussed as though the chick in the Wilson case was white, but the tape seemed to show a female with very dark skin.

10 years with possibilty of parole for doing a natural act? This dude rocked a 3.2 GPA, football and track athlete, liked by his peers and teachers..where the fuck is his support? I just found out about this case today, I am pretty freaking outraged. i know when I was a starting FS in high school, I was tagging sophmores when I was a senior. Hell, they asked to be tagged, it's what teenagers do.
I'm really surprised that no riots have started because of this.

haha 2 years difference??

...eee

By SHANNON McCAFFREY, Associated Press Writer

ATLANTA - A Georgia judge ordered the release Monday of a man sentenced to 10 years in prison for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17.

The judge threw out Genarlow Wilson's previous sentence and amended it to misdemeanor aggravated child molestation with a 12-month sentence, plus credit for time served. Under the new ruling, he will not be required to register as a sex offender.

Wilson, now 21, has been behind bars for more than two years.

"If this court or any court cannot recognize the injustice of what has occurred here, then our court system has lost sight of the goal our judicial system has always strived to accomplish ... justice being served in a fair and equal manner," wrote Judge Thomas H. Wilson, no relation to Genarlow Wilson.

The original sentence, for aggravated child molestation, was widely criticized on the grounds it was grossly disproportionate to the crime. State lawmakers later passed a law to close the loophole that led to the 10-year sentence.

"The fact that Genarlow Wilson has spent two years in prison for what is now classified as a misdemeanor, and without assistance from this Court, will spend eight more years in prison, is a grave miscarriage of justice," the judge wrote.

The attorney general's office did not immediately comment.

A Georgia Department of Corrections spokeswoman said the agency cannot take any action regarding Wilson nor comment on his case until it receives a copy of the judge's order. Wilson's lawyers said they expected to talk with prison officials in the afternoon.

Genarlow Wilson's lawyers applauded in their office and hugged his mother, who wiped away tears, as the order came over a fax machine.

"We right now have an order of release and I beg the attorney general of the state of Georgia please do not file an appeal," said Wilson's lawyer, B.J. Bernstein.

Wilson's mother, Juannessa Bennett, said, "I just feel like a miracle happened."

A jury found the honor student guilty in 2005 of aggravated child molestation for having oral sex with a 15-year-old girl during a 2003 New Year's Eve party involving alcohol and marijuana. Although the sex act was consensual, it was illegal under Georgia law.

Wilson was also charged with rape for being one of several male partygoers at the Douglas County hotel to have sex with a 17-year-old girl, but was acquitted. The party was captured on a videotape that was played for the jury.

Several influential people, including former President Jimmy Carter, stepped forward to support Wilson.

10 years with possibilty of parole for doing a natural act? This dude rocked a 3.2 GPA, football and track athlete, liked by his peers and teachers..where the fuck is his support? I just found out about this case today, I am pretty freaking outraged. i know when I was a starting FS in high school, I was tagging sophmores when I was a senior. Hell, they asked to be tagged, it's what teenagers do.
I'm really surprised that no riots have started because of this.

What can we do about this? I am pissed off also, and very very sad for the kid. If anybody has any good ideas, I'm listening.

It's great that his sentence was commuted (and the offense downgraded) but it never should have been a crime in the first place.

How in the hell did kids having a sexual encounter become a crime?!

Good ole Bible Belt. Religion is the law.

Good ole Bible Belt. Religion is the law.

Sadly, it's not just that. There also the "Won't somebody think of the children?!" group. Which is not limited to religion or any particular political party.

If this sort of nonsense was around when I was a kid, I'd have gone to jail at age 13.

What a fucked up world...

Back