• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Welfare Drug Testing Bill Withdrawn After Amended To Include Testing Lawmakers

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
too fucking funny.

Welfare Drug Testing Bill Withdrawn After Amended To Include Testing Lawmakers

A Republican member of the Indiana General Assembly withdrew his bill to create a pilot program for drug testing welfare applicants Friday after one of his Democratic colleagues amended the measure to require drug testing for lawmakers.
"There was an amendment offered today that required drug testing for legislators as well and it passed, which led me to have to then withdraw the bill," said Rep. Jud McMillin (R-Brookville), sponsor of the original welfare drug testing bill.
The Supreme Court ruled drug testing for political candidates unconstitutional in 1997, striking down a Georgia law. McMillin said he withdrew his bill so he could reintroduce it on Monday with a lawmaker drug testing provision that would pass constitutional muster.
"I've only withdrawn it temporarily," he told HuffPost, stressing he carefully crafted his original bill so that it could survive a legal challenge. Last year a federal judge, citing the Constitution's ban on unreasonable search and seizure, struck down a Florida law that required blanket drug testing of everyone who applied for welfare.
McMillin's bill would overcome constitutional problems, he said, by setting up a tiered screening scheme in which people can opt-out of random testing. Those who decline random tests would only be screened if they arouse "reasonable suspicion," either by their demeanor, by being convicted of a crime, or by missing appointments required by the welfare office.
In the past year Republican lawmakers have pursued welfare drug testing in more than 30 states and in Congress, and some bills have even targeted people who claim unemployment insurance and food stamps, despite scanty evidence the poor and jobless are disproportionately on drugs. Democrats in several states have countered with bills to require drug testing elected officials. Indiana state Rep. Ryan Dvorak (D-South Bend) introduced just such an amendment on Friday.
"After it passed, Rep. McMillin got pretty upset and pulled his bill," Dvorak said. "If anything, I think it points out some of the hypocrisy. ... If we're going to impose standards on drug testing, then it should apply to everybody who receives government money."
Dvorak said McMillin was mistaken to think testing the legislature would be unconstitutional, since the stricken Georgia law targeted candidates and not people already holding office.
McMillin, for his part, said he's coming back with a new bill on Monday, lawmaker testing included. He said he has no problem submitting to a test himself.
"I would think legislators that are here who are responsible for the people who voted them in, they should be more than happy to consent," he said. "Give me the cup right now and I will be happy to take the test."

fuck testing just the lawmakers it's the people on wallstreet that should be getting drug tested also. it was them and ALEC that wrote the laws to get stiff penalty's such as mandatory minimum sentences for crack cocaine users/sellers while the punishment structure of powdered cocaine is much more lenient.

it was also them that got caught laundering almost 1T in drug cartel money from Mexico a couple of years ago and not a single person spent one hour behind bars.

welfare testing is a complete waste of time, the results from FL with that bullshit law passed by Rick Scott showed 2% usage among applicants.

Still way too funny that when it comes to "them" politicians quickly take cover and hide.

Wall street bigwigs should NOT be tested for drugs. They likely are not on any and besides they are not worth the cost of the test or the piss in the cup.

They should be arrested for treason and sent to Gitmo for a little "questioning".

The Wall Street bigwigs SHOULD be tested for drugs. You'd have to be high as a fucking kite to pull the shit they pull.

Still way too funny that when it comes to "them" politicians quickly take cover and hide.

Wall street bigwigs should NOT be tested for drugs. They likely are not on any and besides they are not worth the cost of the test or the piss in the cup.

They should be arrested for treason and sent to Gitmo for a little "questioning".

What world do you live in???

The OP is another example of the distance between the lawmaker (rulers) and those government.

The gap is too wide.

Test all those bastards. If they wanna impose a law, impose it on everyone
who receives a "handout", or as they'd like it referred to as a "bailout".

Funny how the tune changed when they can incriminate themselves.
Because of that, we should definately test them now.

S

you obviously don't know many that work on wallstreet, cause they love doing butter.

Okay maybe they are on drugs, my point was they are not worth the piss in a cup and take them to Gitmo and waterboard them far as I am concerned. Criminals, every last one of them. I think we all pretty much agree to that.

Well if that's not an admission I don't know what is.

the hypocrisy of legislation and behavior in the US knows no bounds...

Our politicians want to rule like they're freakin' Caligula, man. Crooked as my dogs hind legs, and will screw their own sister..

So they have no qualms in screwing over you & I.

everyone getting public paychecks needs to be tested too if this passes. there are enough friggin homeless people and all any welfare person would have to do to replace their street drug is convince a dr they needed some prescription med for depression, anxiety, adhd, or pain and he's legally high at a much higher cost to taxpayers. the drug or drugs plus drs visits. not to mention the cost of testing. no one is thinking this through.

everyone getting public paychecks needs to be tested too if this passes. there are enough friggin homeless people and all any welfare person would have to do to replace their street drug is convince a dr they needed some prescription med for depression, anxiety, adhd, or pain and he's legally high at a much higher cost to taxpayers. the drug or drugs plus drs visits. not to mention the cost of testing. no one is thinking this through.

Yup, and then if they hit 2-3 Dr's offices a day, saying they hurt their back.
And get a couple of prescriptions, booyah, you can sell the shit for $100.00 for 3 pills.

Just like that, you created a business.

that is how I feel...if you test the ones at the bottom getting a measly $400 a month for a lifetime max of 60 months. then you surely should be testing those at the top asking for billions every couple of years. if you file for the EITC on your taxes, then you need to pee in a cup. if you deduct the interest from your mortgage on your taxes, you need to pee in a cup...etc..etc..etc..

a hand out is a hand out...63% of Americans receive some form of a hand out from the gov either test everybody or nobody.

Last edited:
Legalizing drugs would do more to benefit the economy.

Not the economy for norcal. We're doing well because of the illegal marijuana industry. I know many pot growers who voted against the legalization of mj in cali in 2010 because they knew it would hurt them.

but, you are correct, it probably would bring in a ton of tax revenue.

that is how I feel...if you test the ones at the bottom getting a measly $400 a month for a lifetime max of 60 months. then you surely should be testing those at the top asking for billions every couple of years. if you file for the EITC on your taxes, then you need to pee in a cup. if you deduct the interest from your mortgage on your taxes, you need to pee in a cup...etc..etc..etc..

a hand out is a hand out...63% of Americans receive some form of a hand out from the gov either test everybody or nobody.

Apparently the right to privacy in the constitution means nothing if they do test everybody.

and decrease crime slightly with varying results depending on the metro, etc.

it's also the epedeme of hypocrisy as the laws are essentially saying that marijuana use is more harmful than alcohol use to the public when there is no data that comes close to supporting that statement. it's also a form of discrimination as a lot of people can't go the doctor and get a prescription for something when they are looking to self-medicate. economically it's pretty much an indicator of the opposite of true free market principles.

IML Gear Cream!
Soon they will be coming after the Vets on the drug testing.to save money:coffee:

you obviously don't know many that work on wallstreet, cause they love doing butter.

I knew a pimp from DC, his area was a few blocks from the Capitol bldg he used to have limos coming by all night long, pick up ho's, drop off ho's swing to the other side of the street for an 8-ball... Why do you think crime is so high in that area?

I saw a documentary of several senators who shared this dingy little apartment. They made it seem like it was because they are frugal, but I saw the same setup when I was in the Navy, we had the barracks as a backup for when we had to be on duty soon, otherwise we stayed in hotel rooms all the time partying our asses off... That apartment had the same look....

I knew a pimp from DC, his area was a few blocks from the Capitol bldg he used to have limos coming by all night long, pick up ho's, drop off ho's swing to the other side of the street for an 8-ball... Why do you think crime is so high in that area?

I saw a documentary of several senators who shared this dingy little apartment. They made it seem like it was because they are frugal, but I saw the same setup when I was in the Navy, we had the barracks as a backup for when we had to be on duty soon, otherwise we stayed in hotel rooms all the time partying our asses off... That apartment had the same look....
Your letting my secret out dude...:coffee:
YVXDF.jpg

Oh they are also trying to get Drugged driver law passed for not on scrits, but they can charge you if your driving on Anti-depress or xannies..just because

If theyre going to test for weed they need to test for tobacco too.

The Wall Street bigwigs SHOULD be tested for drugs. You'd have to be high as a fucking kite to pull the shit they pull.

Yeah lets test the people who are providing jobs, not the welfare recipients who are taking money to buy drugs....:hmmm:

I dont care what the bigwigs are taking, its working for them, clearly not for those on welfare:loser2:

Yeah lets test the people who are providing jobs, not the welfare recipients who are taking money to buy drugs....:hmmm:

a whole 2% of welfare recipients tested positive in FL...wow

but they don't create any jobs. large financial firms don't create net jobs they never have and never will nor is the financial sector a large employer . the financial sector produces products with no added value. all they do is swap debt back and forth to each other making money off each transaction, while trying to reduce their own risk and put it back on the tax payers through a variety of methods. pretty much every country in the world that has a large financial sector is heavily in debt.

Last edited:

I dont care what the bigwigs are taking, its working for them, clearly not for those on welfare:loser2:

What those bigwigs are taking helped get us in this huge financial mess in the first place. Further proof they should be tested is in the fact that they are doing the same shit that caused it all in the first place.

If they are providing so many jobs with the fantastical amounts of money they are getting where are all the jobs? With the money they get there shouldn't be one unemployed person in the US with all the jobs they supposedly create.

a whole 2% of welfare recipients tested positive in FL...wow

but they don't create any jobs. large financial firms don't create net jobs they never have and never will nor is the financial sector a large employer . the financial sector produces products with no added value. all they do is swap debt back and forth to each other making money off each transaction, while trying to reduce their own risk and put it back on the tax payers through a variety of methods. pretty much every country in the world that has a large financial sector is heavily in debt.
If they create jobs, then it is because they had to in order to make their profit. They never create jobs because they care about the people or the country. Those jobs are just by-products. People should know this by now.

If they create jobs, then it is because they had to in order to make their profit. They never create jobs because they care about the people or the country. Those jobs are just by-products. People should know this by now.

228909_Is_this_real_life.jpg

Back