• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Occupy Wall Street

Big Smoothy

Windy City
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Small yes, but it took the US mainstream media 9 days to notice.

Hope it spreads, and as much shit is spread as possible.

Hopefully this thread will grow.

they are planning this for philly right now. there was a story in the local paper yesterday.

Excercising the rights of democracy, finally!

I guess people are tired of being shitted on by wall street and corporate ceo's and the politicians who do whatever they ask.

I know I am.

they are planning this for philly right now. there was a story in the local paper yesterday.

Nice, I'm gonna get baked and head in to the city that day.

Didn't some bitches get pepper sprayed...

:roflmao:

They're in the wrong city, they should be in DC

still far too much ignorance in the US, far too many have been educated by tv and think they know what's going on because a politician told them some "facts", freaking retards. ultimately nothing in the US changes until the problem with lobbying is addressed which nobody ever seems to mention.

:clapping:

But all these hippies wouldn't dare do this to the anointed one...

I think you'd be surprised at how many people you think support him actually don't. He's terrible, yes, but any reasonably intelligent person knows that giving more money to people who currently aren't spending it on American jobs because it isn't in their company's best interest isn't going to work for our economy. Lower the corporate tax rate to zero, it will still be cheaper to pay an Indian person $3/hr for 60 hours a week and no medical benefits and no regulations than to pay an American $15/hr for 40 hours + overtime + medical benefits, + vacation +a regulation that they don't use lead paint. The republican would allow lead paint, slash the minimum wage, and have each one of us pay for own medical coverage because eventually that is going to be the biggest driver of a corporations costs. No thanks.

I think you'd be surprised at how many people you think support him actually don't. He's terrible, yes, but any reasonably intelligent person knows that giving more money to people who currently aren't spending it on American jobs because it isn't in their company's best interest isn't going to work for our economy. Lower the corporate tax rate to zero, it will still be cheaper to pay an Indian person $3/hr for 60 hours a week and no medical benefits and no regulations than to pay an American $15/hr for 40 hours + overtime + medical benefits, + vacation +a regulation that they don't use lead paint. The republican would allow lead paint, slash the minimum wage, and have each one of us pay for own medical coverage because eventually that is going to be the biggest driver of a corporations costs. No thanks.

And the Democrat(s) had 2 years to right this sinking ship and only made it worse.

Cut the partisan nonsense because that's what the DC politicians want....you to hate me because I vote one way and me to hate you because you vote another. Regardless of our views, it's my opinion as pleabs we're all on the same team: US vs. D.C.

IML Gear Cream!
And the Democrat(s) had 2 years to right this sinking ship and only made it worse.

Cut the partisan nonsense because that's what the DC politicians want....you to hate me because I vote one way and me to hate you because you vote another. Regardless of our views, it's my opinion as pleabs we're all on the same team: US vs. D.C.

what does 2 years have to do with anything?

it typically takes 5 years after a banking crisis for an economy to pick up. all this stuff is economic recovery history yet people for some reason people neglect the reports and writings of economists/academia. stupid american's think that this was just another recession but that is no surprise since most of the country gets all their information from the economy from televised media sources.

recession history shows that when there is fiscal contraction of government spending (stimulus) during recession recovery when unemployment is still high it makes recession recovery longer and slower. they have been writing reports from the EPI about this stuff for decades now. but the GOP as usual disregards facts and data to go in their anti-spending rant when the US middle class just lost trillions in home wealth after the weakest economic expansion in 60 years that occurred before the banking collapse.

so partisan politics from the right have once again screwed the American people but not doing what was originally common practice after every single recession in the US. so they can perpetrate the fraud once again by "trying" to look fiscally responsible.

Last edited:
if you can't beat them join them.....you all need to quit your bitching and make the personal decision to make money instead of blaming and waiting for shit to happen....i'm not mad at any of these wealthy people.....i'm mad that i didn't jump aboard sooner....fuck all the poor, entitlement, someone will take care of me people and generation....you're all leeches on society and are always bitching and making excuses and blamine yet never putting anything into action to change YOUR situation....fuck off and get out of my way while I do something about MY situation....

Talk about DC and politicians. Sure. But Wall Street controls Washington.

People over the age of 50 are toast. And the 20-somethings may never find gainful employment.

The more you learn about what Wall Street has done, the uglier and more depressing it is.

if you can't beat them join them.....you all need to quit your bitching and make the personal decision to make money instead of blaming and waiting for shit to happen....i'm not mad at any of these wealthy people.....i'm mad that i didn't jump aboard sooner....fuck all the poor, entitlement, someone will take care of me people and generation....you're all leeches on society and are always bitching and making excuses and blamine yet never putting anything into action to change YOUR situation....fuck off and get out of my way while I do something about MY situation....

any people like you are exactly why problems go from bad to worst..you have the old Reagan attitude..fuck everybody else as long as have mine.

as stupid as you are you are lucky to be in the healthcare industry as you would not make it in most others...salary's in the healthcare industry pay higher than most so you can get off your high horse as it has nothing at all to do with you, your financial success is only because of the industry you work in.

What the US should be doing but won't....

February 13, 2009
In Japan???s Stagnant Decade, Cautionary Tales for America
By HIROKO TABUCHI

TOKYO ??? The Obama administration is committing huge sums of money to rescuing banks, but the veterans of Japan???s banking crisis have three words for the Americans: more money, faster.

The Japanese have been here before. They endured a ???lost decade??? of economic stagnation in the 1990s as their banks labored under crippling debt, and successive governments wasted trillions of yen on half-measures.

Only in 2003 did the government finally take the actions that helped lead to a recovery: forcing major banks to submit to merciless audits and declare bad debts; spending two trillion yen to effectively nationalize a major bank, wiping out its shareholders; and allowing weaker banks to fail.

By then, Tokyo???s main Nikkei stock index had lost almost three-quarters of its value. The country???s public debt had grown to exceed its gross domestic product, and deflation stalked the land. In the end, real estate prices fell for 15 consecutive years.

More alarming? Some students of the Japanese debacle say they see a similar train wreck heading for the United States.

???I thought America had studied Japan???s failures,??? said Hirofumi Gomi, a top official at Japan???s Financial Services Agency during the crisis. ???Why is it making the same mistakes????

Many American critics of the plan unveiled Tuesday by Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner said the plan lacked details. Experts on Japan found it timid ??? especially given the size of the banking crisis the administration faces.

???I think they know how big it is, but they don???t want to say how big it is. It???s so big they can???t acknowledge it,??? said John H. Makin, an economist at the American Enterprise Institute, referring to administration officials. ???The lesson from Japan in the 1990s was that they should have stepped up and nationalized the banks.???

Instead, the Japanese first tried many of the same remedies that the Bush administration tried and the Obama administration is trying ??? ultra-low interest rates, fiscal stimulus and ineffective cash infusions, among other things. The Japanese even tried to tap private capital to buy some of the bad assets from banks, as Mr. Geithner proposed.

One reason Japan???s leaders were so ineffectual for so long was their fear of stoking public outrage. With each act of the bailout, anger grew, making politicians more reluctant to force real reform, which only delayed the day of reckoning and increased the ultimate price tag. Japanese taxpayers are estimated to have recouped less than half what it cost the government to bail out the banks.

A further lesson from Japan is that the bank rescue will determine the fate of the wider economy. While President Obama has prioritized his stimulus plan, no stimulus is likely to succeed unless the banking sector is repaired.

The Japanese crisis of the 1990s and early 2000s had roots similar to the American crisis: a real estate bubble that collapsed, leaving banks holding trillions of yen in loans that were virtually worthless.

Initially, Japan???s leaders underestimated how badly the real estate collapse would hurt the country???s banks. As in the United States, a policy of easy money had fueled both stock and real estate speculation, as well as reckless lending by banks.

Many in Japan thought that low interest rates and economic stimulus measures would help banks recover on their own. In late 1997, however, a string of bank failures set off a crippling credit crisis.

Prodded into action, the government injected 1.8 trillion yen into Japan???s main banks. But the injections ??? too small, poorly planned and based on little understanding of the extent of the banking sector???s woes ??? failed to stem the growing crisis.

Fearing more bad news if banks were forced to disclose their real losses, Japan???s leaders allowed banks to keep loans to ???zombie??? companies on their balance sheets.

Japan, instead, experimented with a series of funds, in part privately financed, to relieve banks of their bad assets.

The funds brought limited results at best, says Takeo Hoshi, economics professor at the University of California, San Diego. For one thing, the funds were too small to make an impact. The depository for bad loans had no orderly way to sell them off. And the purchases that did take place failed to recapitalize banks because the bad assets were priced so low.

So far, the Obama administration???s plan avoids the hardest decisions, like nationalizing banks, wiping out shareholders or allowing banks to collapse under the weight of their own bad debts. In the end, Japan had to do all those things.

Economists say these blunders meant Japan???s financial system did not start to recover until late 2002, six years after the crisis broke. That year, the government of the reformist leader Junichiro Koizumi ordered a tough audit of the country???s top banks.

Called the Takenaka Plan after Heizo Takenaka, who headed the government???s financial reform efforts, the move finally brought the full extent of bad loans to light. Initially, banks lashed out at Mr. Takenaka. ???The government can???t order bank management to do this and that,??? Yoshifumi Nishikawa, president of the Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, complained to the press in October 2002. ???It???s absolutely absurd.???

But Mr. Takenaka stood firm. His rallying cry, he said in an interview on Wednesday, was, ???Don???t cover up. Don???t distort principles. Follow the rules.???

???I told the banks clearly, ???I am in a position to supervise you,??? ??? Mr. Takenaka said. ???I told them I am not open to negotiation.???

It took three more years to finally get the majority of bad loans off the banks??? books. Resona Bank, which was found to have insufficient capital, was effectively nationalized.

From 1992 to 2005, Japanese banks wrote off about 96 trillion yen, or about 19 percent of the country???s annual G.D.P. But Mr. Takenaka???s toughness restored faith in the banks.

???That was a turning point in the banking crisis,??? said Mr. Gomi of the Financial Services Agency, who worked with Mr. Takenaka on the audits.

By then, other factors had fallen into place that aided economic recovery, including a boom in exports to the United States and China.

(Those very share holdings would come back to haunt banks, as the recent market sell-off batters their balance sheets. And as the economy worsens, bad loans are again on the rise, the Financial Services Agency said Tuesday.)

The United States will probably not be able to count on growing demand for its products, since the global economy is worsening.

???The way things are going right now,??? said Mr. Hoshi, ???the U.S. taxpayers??? burden will keep going up and up.???

Lessons From Japan in Stemming a Crisis - NYTimes.com

The funny part of this meaningless charade is they did it on a non-business day.

^ There is a possibility it could grow and spread. Might not.

But the possibility is what's intrigueing.

(Americans are, after all, quite passive.)

^ There is a possibility it could grow and spread. Might not.

But the possibility is what's intrigueing.

(Americans are, after all, quite passive.)

there really haven't been any big time nationwide rally's since the Vietnam years, close to 40 years.

Back