• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What financial software do you use?

KelJu

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm becoming more serious about my budgeting. I am slashing everything I can in order to pay off student loans and credit cards faster. I am making a lot more money than I ever have before, plus soem nice possible business partnerships have coem up, and I would liek to have soem capitol.

I have used quickbooks, but I think that is a little more than I really need. I will be tracking my small business financies as well as personal. Anybody use Quicken? i have never used it, but I hear good things.

I would love if people could recommend some software packages and tell me why they like them.

It's been awhile but I thought Quicken was the easiest to use.

Excel.

oh and a piece of advice - chances are your student loans have a very low rate so pay those off last!

Quick Books is okay.

We use Peachtree, but it is much to envolved for personal use. IMO.

Excel.

oh and a piece of advice - chances are your student loans have a very low rate so pay those off last!

Actually, my loans are subsidized which means no interest. I will definitely pay them off last. My credit card is first, then the laptop, then I might put some money in the bank, and finally I'll pay off the student loan.

I use Quicken. It's easy to use and has some very good features that I like to use. I frequently use it for online banking, paying bills, downloading statements, etc. As long as you enter the data correctly, there a many different reports that can be generated as well as useful graphs. It's especially handy come tax time.

There is one catch, though. The last version I purchased cost $39. After 3 years, they stop supporting it and it no longer works with online banking. Planned obsolence, so you have to upgrade every 3 three years to continue online banking. Think of it as renting the software for just over $1 per month. All it takes is paying 3 bills and I've already broken even. :thumbs:

I use Quicken. It's easy to use and has some very good features that I like to use. I frequently use it for online banking, paying bills, downloading statements, etc. As long as you enter the data correctly, there a many different reports that can be generated as well as useful graphs. It's especially handy come tax time.

There is one catch, though. The last version I purchased cost $39. After 3 years, they stop supporting it and it no longer works with online banking. Planned obsolence, so you have to upgrade every 3 three years to continue online banking. Think of it as renting the software for just over $1 per month. All it takes is paying 3 bills and I've already broken even. :thumbs:

How do I know it will work with my online banking system software?

How do I know it will work with my online banking system software?
I would look for a link from your online banking site (after you log-in) that says "Download statement." This is where I have seen "Download to Quicken," and other formats before.

I would look for a link from your online banking site (after you log-in) that says "Download statement." This is where I have seen "Download to Quicken," and other formats before.

Awesome. I just got mine downloaded into quicken.

well.

how about both?

Business is taking off, but it is a shit ton of work. Lots of stress. I have to manage a lot. I have to make sure everything is in order, bills are paid, customers are happy, taxes are recorded, ect. I don't have a day off. I am workign 7 days a week, and now a close friend who first taught me antique restoration wants to team up with me. He will brign a completely different strength to the company. We hoep to soon be the Antique experts of Mobile. We will move antiques, buy/sell antiques, and restore antiques. We would be a power house.

The financial stuff is coming along, and I got my online banking to export my statement as a quicken file. I will be working on making sure I log any and all financial transactions.

That's cool - I guess the IT stuff kind of died then?

Business is taking off, but it is a shit ton of work. Lots of stress. I have to manage a lot. I have to make sure everything is in order, bills are paid, customers are happy, taxes are recorded, ect. I don't have a day off. I am workign 7 days a week, and now a close friend who first taught me antique restoration wants to team up with me. He will brign a completely different strength to the company. We hoep to soon be the Antique experts of Mobile. We will move antiques, buy/sell antiques, and restore antiques. We would be a power house.

The financial stuff is coming along, and I got my online banking to export my statement as a quicken file. I will be working on making sure I log any and all financial transactions.

Dang dude sounds like the business has expanded far beyond your original vision for it.

Are you really ready for that? If so, you have a lot of money you could make, and as you already know, a lot of time to invest. If not man, you may want to check your goals for this situation.

I am glad that things seem to be falling into place though! that is always a good situation to be in.

Quickbooks is the king of small business accounting software, everything is compatible, e.g. downloading from banks, and if your business grows you can stay on Quickbooks.

but it's my worst nightmare.

it's so easy to screw up.

Back