• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Spammers

Muscle_Girl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Was just wondering if much was being done to prevent spammers on the boards. You know, those people who have one or two post counts and often post completely off-topic and unrelated links.

I am not sure if its possible, but I was thinking perhaps implement some sort of cooldown period for those freshly registered. I saw this on a seperate board (unrelated), and it seemed to work fairly well. 24 hours of browsing after registration, and then the user can post.

Just an idea.

There are a couple of things in place to limit the ability that spammers have.

restricted to certain things based on post count.

Was just wondering if much was being done to prevent spammers on the boards. You know, those people who have one or two post counts and often post completely off-topic and unrelated links.

I am not sure if its possible, but I was thinking perhaps implement some sort of cooldown period for those freshly registered. I saw this on a seperate board (unrelated), and it seemed to work fairly well. 24 hours of browsing after registration, and then the user can post.

Just an idea.

we have a couple of things in place, I don't like to put those time restrictions and things on new members, I see that as punishing the majority and its not fair.

Well, a lot of people come on here asking questions that are already answered in stickies. I wouldn't really look at it as punishing, but simply allowing people to browse before posting, and taking advantage of the board's established knowledge base.

The spammers visit, post and leave, I assume? So, if they couldn't post instantly, they probably wouldn't return the next day to post? I am just guessing at this.

Or, perhaps, add a feature where a member can flag the post as spam, and the header is given that tag "[reported as spam]" so that the rest of us know not to bother reading it? I realize this is something that could be abused. I was just looking for some sort of indication that the post is spam before clicking, reading and then back tracking.

see the upside down yield sign in every post?

You can report posts with that.

We all work hard to rid the spammers and ban the ones who slip through the cracks.... But if you notice something that makes it through the filters, then I encourage you to report those posts, so they get addressed.

Yea, I saw that icon. I just didn't think it would tag a post as "reported" or whatever.

I will report my face off when I see spammers then :)

Yea, I saw that icon. I just didn't think it would tag a post as "reported" or whatever.

I will report my face off when I see spammers then :)

when a post is reported me and all mods of that forum are notified.

iam on a plenty of boards and this board by far the most laid back of them all, i mean that . no ass kissing its the truth.

Back