• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Biceps help

JSulliv5

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I feel that my biceps are lagging slightly behind my triceps in terms of arm development and strength. No matter how hard I pound them I just cant seem to get them to grow.

My current routine has me training biceps with my back. I do back first, then hit biceps.

Anyone have a good biceps routine that i can fit in on back day??

whats you back/bi routine?

Better question:

What is your height, weight and reach?

Look up drag curls, regular and reverse (you want description and sequence photos to do these correctly). Use a short EZ curl bar. Don't need a whole lot of weight, its counterproductive.

maybe you are overtraining your biceps.

:hmmm: maybe you should reply back w/some info? that'd be a good start ;)

You do know that your triceps are supposed to be a lot bigger than your biceps right?

stop isolating your biceps ;)

I feel that my biceps are lagging slightly behind my triceps in terms of arm development and strength. No matter how hard I pound them I just cant seem to get them to grow.

My current routine has me training biceps with my back. I do back first, then hit biceps.

Anyone have a good biceps routine that i can fit in on back day??

First off, I'm under the impression that your triceps are SUPPOSED to be bigger and stronger than the bicep....while it's cool to have big biceps and most guys want em...they are pretty small muscles, relatively speaking. I do very little direct arm work. VERY little...I feel as long as I am getting stronger on my row/pulldown variations and I'm taking in enough calories to support growth, my bi's and tri's won't fall too far behind.

also....

No matter how hard I pound them I just cant seem to get them to grow.

This statement leads me to believe that you might be doing too much for your bi's....IMO one, MAYBE two exercises after hitting back will be fine.

Another question....are you eating enough to gain weight?? If you aren't gaining weight, chances are you aren't growing. You can get stronger all day long but if you aren't eating enough for growth then no amount of bicep curls will net the growth you so desire.

Im 5'9" 175. I usually get in about 2700 cals and 200 grams of protein per day.

Back:

Wide grip T-bar rows 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
close grip lat pulldowns 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
deadlifts 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
Wide grip seated rows 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 4 reps

Biceps

EZ bar curls 4 sets 10 reps (2 close grip, 2 wide grip)
Alt DB hammer curls 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps
machine preacher curls 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps

Im 5'9" 175. I usually get in about 2700 cals and 200 grams of protein per day.

Back:

Wide grip T-bar rows 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
close grip lat pulldowns 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
deadlifts 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
Wide grip seated rows 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 4 reps

Biceps

EZ bar curls 4 sets 10 reps (2 close grip, 2 wide grip)
Alt DB hammer curls 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps
machine preacher curls 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps

D-

4-5 sets of bicep work is more than enough...drop the preacher curls and drop a set of EZ bar and hammer curls.

IML Gear Cream!
I agree with looking at the possibility you're overtraining your biceps. Especially is you're pounding them after doing back... Post your routine and we can make more sense of it. Ever consider simply switching your biceps to chest day and your triceps to back day? I highly prefer it... Even then, all most people need for max growth and size is 5-7 sets a week... Keep it as is and just try doing a single exercise, or two, for a total of 4 sets. Just back off a few weeks to see if you're overtraining...

Are you gaining weight overall?

Back