• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Measuring weight of meat for intakes - cooked or uncooked? + Relevance of hunger

slip

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been eating over 150g protein by 2:30pm last few days, and have been hungry every 2hrs max, I'm only planning on eating 200g/day, (80kg, 2g/kg bw is only 160g protein) On a bulk, and this coincided with 400g carbs by 2:30pm as well. I am working long hours as a PT, so this may have an effect (yesterday was 15hrs, wednesday will be the same)

But, I measure my chicken UNcooked. 1kg from butcher, cook it all up, portion out.

Am I actually having less than I should, or am I just a really hungry bastard lately?

Which brings me to my 2nd point - Hunger. Do I listen to my body and eat whenever Im hungry on a bulk, even if it means going way over planned/expected intakes or stick to the plan?

Oats/yoghurt + shake <<< 5:30am
Chicken/rice/avocado
Chicken/rice/avocado
Chicken/rice/avocado <<< was completed by 2:30pm
6 Eggs + 2pc Bread
Shake

so do i, but is that correct and the industry standard?

Hello slip. What part of the chicken are you eating, and what is your intended daily caloric intake set at? I'd add that the sites I use to figure my intake offer different nutritional results according to how it was prepared if that helps.

www.fitday.com

Amount Per 1 cup, cooked, diced, roasted
Total Fat 4.78g 7%
Saturated Fat 1.35g 7%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.03g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.66g
Cholesterol 113.79mg 38%
Sodium
534.92mg 22%
Potassium
342.81mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein
41.53g 83%
Alcohol
0g

Figure 4 cups per kg ... 0.9464kg to be precise.

Last edited:
breast, no skin.

fat 70g 630cal
carb 400g+ 1600cal+
protein 200g 800cal

Bout 3000, bit over if i carb up.

I'll check out that fitday thing, though a cup of chicken isnt really a good measure......

I had 1kg uncooked workout out to 280g protein, whereas by your calculations it would only be around 165g.

This is a major difference.

How do all you guys measure your chicken/meat to work out protein contents?

Well after looking at those sites no wonder I'm still f*ing hungry. The nutrition readings I have been given by a dietitian were stating 28g protein / 100g uncooked, and looks like this is way off.

Shit.

Try PM'ing Jodi ... she knows of a better site than fitday. I started with fitday and don't wanna move now but I recall her mentioning a few months ago that she knew of a site that was better than fitday for some reason so maybe you can give that a shot just for S&G's.

It was an eye opener when I first came here and began comparing the things I had "learned" from local trainers and doctors to what was common knowledge with the locals at IM. LOL ... this is a weeeeee bit cheaper too. How much is an elite membership these days? You'll get your diet tweaked out in no time slip.

Meanwhile keep up the good work slip you sound very dedicated ... that's good to see.

Yeah, still got a lot to learn, but the foods I eat are pretty set up, love it all, and don't really cheat/drink etc. Its just making sure I'm eating the right amounts now, and getting into carb cycling, loading up etc

Thanks for going to the effort of setting up the pm hotlink bonecrusher, much appreciated mate.

Now I get to eat more meat. Sweeeeet.

Calorieking.com is a great one too!

The best however comes with an awesome little device. (I'm not posting it, because I don't get paid for selling them and I don't want to spam up this great forum)
:thumb:

Thanks guys.

Interestingly, I've still put on a number of kg's. Probably would have stayed a bit leaner with more protein/fat and less carbs, see how we go next cycle. Still have visible abs after packing on over 2kg in 2wks. Woot!

slip, when I used to weigh my food I weighed the chicken after cooking it. The difference in weight before cooking is mostly water.

Thanks guys.

Interestingly, I've still put on a number of kg's. Probably would have stayed a bit leaner with more protein/fat and less carbs, see how we go next cycle. Still have visible abs after packing on over 2kg in 2wks. Woot!
Well done. Our little victories make a huge difference.

I hate fitday because of the gay measuring. example cup of chicken. lol. BTW. is beef jerky actually healthy? what about all the sodium and MSG?
I don't use FitDay but I know NutritionData includes measurements by weight (I believe it's in grams). I don't know how much MSG they put in beef jerky if any, but yes, it is typically high in sodium but is also high in protein. I believe I have heard someone mention "low-sodium beef jerky." However, I have never seen it around.

After looking through these and trying the various tools and experience the overall ease of use www.nutritionaldata.com worked best for me. Measurement conversion tools were only one of many things that stood out as indispensable.
www.calorieking.com yielded a greater number of responses after search queries, and offered great nutritional data. For example I like Welch's guava pineapple juice. ND came up a blank, while CK gave me data.

Thanks for the links ... I'm sure I'll migrate to one of them from fitday.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
just looked back, and realised i started creatine 2wks ago as well, so hello water weight.

Back