• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I've changed my mind on something...

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was watching a Discovery channel show about Jamaica, and it got me to thinking about a topic I've discussed before.

The logic that changed my mind isn't anything I haven't heard before. I guess I just needed to come to the conclusion on my own.

I think that pot should be made legal. My logic stands on these simple points.

1. It is legal to smoke.
2. It is legal to shit-faced drunk.
3. Why shouldn't it be legal to smoke to the point that equates to being mildly inebriated?

On these simple ground, I believe that smoking pot should be made legal.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe that if you smoke (tobacco or pot) or drink, you're doing something stupid. However, I think I'm more than okay with the idea of pot brownies.

That is all.

What was the name of the documentary? I would love to watch it.

I agree.

Just tax the shit outta it. :D

I agree.

Just tax the shit outta it. :D

I head on NPR that California thinks pot could save their economy. They are hurting pretty bad right now, and it would be stupid to not do it.

What was the name of the documentary? I would love tyo watch it.

It's not a documentary. It's actually a show about travelling. The host mentioned that the two biggest sources of income for the Jamaicans are tourism and pot, but that he couldn't talk about pot because he isn't allowed to talk about it because of the network rules. That got me to thinking about the issue of pot and it's legality.

The show is Called No Reservations. You can watch the Jamaica episode on YouTube.

Here's part one.
YouTube Video

I came to the realization it should be legal the first time I smoked it.....

Ah Anthony Bourdain.

I like his shows.

What a relief DOMS. I thought you were coming to say you were converting to Islam! :D

yeah they do, I was there for a week around 2 years ago.

After I read your post, I searched the Internet on the topic. Most of what I read said that they cops won't bother you if you stay on your resort. And it also said that, so long as you don't flaunt it, the cops leave you alone.

Things may have changed since you were there, or, being that this is the Interweb, what I read may be wrong.

After I read your post, I searched the Internet on the topic. Most of what I read said that they cops won't bother you if you stay on your resort. And it also said that, so long as you don't flaunt it, the cops leave you alone.

I agree with that, but they do "beach raids" every week, the drug dealers hang out right at the shorelines of resorts, the resorts cannot do anything because they don't own the beach, so the cops come around carrying rifles, guns, etc. and all of the dealers throw their stash and swim out in to the ocean, its pretty funny.

I head on NPR that California thinks pot could save their economy. They are hurting pretty bad right now, and it would be stupid to not do it.

cali the unions are killing them they need to break them

That's far less important than the illegals that are draining the crap out of Cali.

True the illegals are a heavy wieght on the health care system. it kind of funny in the black areas.or gettos. the trama centers have closed due to the mexicans going there for every small thing knowing they won't have to pay try that in mexico they don't let you out the door unless u can pay or american they just bill the us gov. but back to cali yea the trama center is a bout 9 miles away now instaed of 2 funny...the people born here are 2nd class lol

and it would be stupid to not do it.

Agreed, and yeah we're in the hole like 18 billion with the real estate crap.

IML Gear Cream!
cali the unions are killing them they need to break them

I don't know too much about that so I can't say for sure, but when there is no work for the unions they aren't killing anyone but themselves. I have a buddy in the electrical union for 6 years and he doesn't work for months at a time, he has to go out of state to sign books elsewhere to work for a week or two at a time.

I don't know too much about that so I can't say for sure, but when there is no work for the unions they aren't killing anyone but themselves. I have a buddy in the electrical union for 6 years and he doesn't work for months at a time, he has to go out of state to sign books elsewhere to work for a week or two at a time.

well they get paid even when they are off work or not working..

MJ is great. Personally, I vaporize because I don't want the negatives aspects of smoking it, plus you can control your response by setting the temperature to vaporize the particular canniboids you want to ingest. I think legalizing it would be a great idea, I personally have no problems with a use tax and would rather a portion of my money spent on it go to something productive.

MJ is great. Personally, I vaporize because I don't want the negatives aspects of smoking it, plus you can control your response by setting the temperature to vaporize the particular canniboids you want to ingest. I think legalizing it would be a great idea, I personally have no problems with a use tax and would rather a portion of my money spent on it go to something productive.

Vaporize? What are you? A Trekkie?

Damn, I must be old and out of the loop, because back in the day we had to fight the T-Rex off of the plants and bang flint together to fire up the treetrunk-bong.:D

Thanks for the good article.

It brought up an interesting thought: what would legalizing pot do to the smoking industry? I imagine that it would take a chunk out of their profits.

I doubt it. They would certainly jump on board immediately. Now, instead of tipping out those Newports, you can buy Cannibus Lights.:D

I doubt it. They would certainly jump on board immediately. Now, instead of tipping out those Newports, you can buy Cannibus Lights.:D

I thought about the big cigarette makers growing pot, but I don't think it's going to work that great for them.

Tobacco is grown mostly (entirely?) in the south, but pot can be grown all over the US. Also, would you rather buy your pot from a guy who treats his plants like pets or by a soulless corporation known for adding toxic chemicals to their products?

I think there are people out there, like the guy in the article that MCx2 posted, who are poised to create a large company around growing pot. That will also take a chunk out of the cigarette corporations' pockets.

Thanks for the good article.

It brought up an interesting thought: what would legalizing pot do to the smoking industry? I imagine that it would take a chunk out of their profits.

I don't know.. I doubt it would hurt the tobacco industry at this point. Plus I just can't see how weed would ever end up on the shelf next to tobacco @ the supermarket anyway. It would have to be treated much like alcohol is. Can't smoke it within 500ft of the store, can't smoke it while driving, only buy it @ designated spots, etc.. If it were to be legalized, I think they'd still have to go the dispensary route, and you'd have to obtain a special license or permit to buy it and you'd only be able to smoke it @ the dispensary, or in the comfort of your own home. Definitely tax money to be made on it though, no doubt.

Tobacco is grown mostly (entirely?) in the south, but pot can be grown all over the US. Also, would you rather buy your pot from a guy who treats his plants like pets or by a soulless corporation known for adding toxic chemicals to their products?

You think most of America cares about that? Best bang for the buck.

Back