• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Strikes - MMA

goandykid

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A buddy of mine have had a fight scheduled for a bit but in a nutshell he's trying to either back out or force it to be geared towards him IMO

It's a friendly fight and I'm not looking to get flamed by BigDyl :) for amateur MMA fighting, but he's going on and on about knee's being so much mroe dangerous than anything else and we shouldnt use them, while he is a complete proponent for kicks (plays soccer) I don't now the phsyics or medical aspects of either of those strikes but I think he's jsut being a pussy.

Also, he said you cant tap while being choked but I didnt deem that w/ an explanation.

Medical/Physics help here?

Nothing better than friends kneeing eachother in the nasal bone and/or crushing eachothers zygomatic bone with elbows.

thats what she said

I say no knees or elbows between friends, why would you want to hurt eachother like that? Are you wearing sparring gear? What kind of gloves? Are you guys experienced? Why can't you tap, do you want to kill eachother? I'm so confused...

A buddy of mine have had a fight scheduled for a bit but in a nutshell he's trying to either back out or force it to be geared towards him IMO

It's a friendly fight and I'm not looking to get flamed by BigDyl :) for amateur MMA fighting, but he's going on and on about knee's being so much mroe dangerous than anything else and we shouldnt use them, while he is a complete proponent for kicks (plays soccer) I don't now the phsyics or medical aspects of either of those strikes but I think he's jsut being a pussy.

Also, he said you cant tap while being choked but I didnt deem that w/ an explanation.

First of all this forum is going to have its name changed to the MMA Section, instead of the Sports section and will be moderated by me.

Secondly, the last thing you said makes no sense. You can't tap while being choked? What does that mean? The person getting choked can't tap out? Are they supposed to pass out? No, that's retarded.

His opinion on knees probably comes from the last UFC: Franklin versus Silva. Before that fight, 99% of people didn't know knees were effective, unless they watched PRIDE. Don't worry, I won't turn this into a UFC/PRIDE argument. After this fight, everyone suddenly became enlightened to knees.

So he is afraid of knees? Then tell him to learn some defense inside of a muay thai clinch. You keep your hands up to protect your head from knees, and your body close. You can even get a clinch with underhooks yourself and take the person down.

If knees aren't fair game soccer kicks should not be fair game. IMO, they are a dirtier move than a knee is when it comes to technical ability. Soccer kicks and knees are a favorite of Silva's.

I think instead of knees you should use hammers.

First of all this forum is going to have its name changed to the MMA Section, instead of the Sports section and will be moderated by me.

Secondly, the last thing you said makes no sense. You can't tap while being choked? What does that mean? The person getting choked can't tap out? Are they supposed to pass out? No, that's retarded.

His opinion on knees probably comes from the last UFC: Franklin versus Silva. Before that fight, 99% of people didn't know knees were effective, unless they watched PRIDE. Don't worry, I won't turn this into a UFC/PRIDE argument. After this fight, everyone suddenly became enlightened to knees.

So he is afraid of knees? Then tell him to learn some defense inside of a muay thai clinch. You keep your hands up to protect your head from knees, and your body close. You can even get a clinch with underhooks yourself and take the person down.

If knees aren't fair game soccer kicks should not be fair game. IMO, they are a dirtier move than a knee is when it comes to technical ability. Soccer kicks and knees are a favorite of Silva's.

If your arguements were based on fact and not 100% assumption all the time, you might get some respect around here. :suicide:

The part about tapping while being choked was what eh said to me, and I found it equally ridiculous, that's why I said I didn't deem it with a response.

I know I created the thread hastily and kind of ill written but I was trying to get some help arguing why knee's arent "life-threatening" and why kicks aren't much different.

As for whoever wrote "why would you want to hurt your friends?", yea we have proper sparring equipment, yes we have some training, but overwhlemingly was b/c the reason is that we're teenage guys, and wanted to.

I say no knees or elbows between friends, why would you want to hurt eachother like that? Are you wearing sparring gear? What kind of gloves? Are you guys experienced? Why can't you tap, do you want to kill eachother? I'm so confused...

b/c we can, yes do an extent, mma standard 4 oz glvoes, very little, you can tap, i wrote that poorly I was saying he said its impossible tot ap while being choked, no.

IML Gear Cream!

EDIT: He was saying its impossible to tap while being choked b/c you can't move, thats why I didnt erspond to it. Not that we're not allowed.

EDIT: He was saying its impossible to tap while being choked b/c you can't move, thats why I didnt erspond to it. Not that we're not allowed.

Well the only thing I can say is be careful. You should have some sort of licensed medical practitioner available in case the worst happens. The whole thing sound like a big mistake IMO. Rolling and sparring is one thing, but to have full contact matches without proper supervision is just irresponsible.

As for whoever wrote "why would you want to hurt your friends?", yea we have proper sparring equipment, yes we have some training, but overwhlemingly was b/c the reason is that we're teenage guys, and wanted to.

your young and will heal. use full muay thai rules, with no tapping at all. this will prove your a man. oh yeah no protective equiptment either. not even gloves. in your back yard. tape it and put it on the internet.

Before that fight, 99% of people didn't know knees were effective, unless they watched PRIDE

What about Spencer Fisher's flying knee against Aaron Riley, Anderson Silva's knees against Leben, Ken Shamrock KO of Kimo with a knee in the clinch, James Irvin's flying knee KO of Terry Martin, Robbie Lawler's flying knee to the body against Nick Diaz, Forrest Griffin's knees within the clinch in their first fight? Those are just some spectacular examples. I see knees in almost every UFC bout. And in almost every PRIDE bout.

back to topic, I'm wondering about the arguement against knee's when compared to all other strikes

If your arguements were based on fact and not 100% assumption all the time, you might get some respect around here. :suicide:
He gets 100% respect you get 0.

your young and will heal. use full muay thai rules, with no tapping at all. this will prove your a man. oh yeah no protective equiptment either. not even gloves. in your back yard. tape it and put it on the internet.
I like the way you think

back to topic, I'm wondering about the arguement against knee's when compared to all other strikes

knees and elbows are much more damageing and harder to defend. the technique is also more difficult to master. they are just harder, pointier parts of the body. if sparring is your thing go ahead and do it. but with knees and elbows your more likely to go home needing stitches.

Back