• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What is the name of the compound from Grapefruit that ehances oral AAS uptake?

Flyboy33z

Love Black & Latin women
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone know the name of the type of extract that comes from Grapefruit that helps enhance oral AAS uptake?

I researched Grapefruit and Its actually Grapefruit juice that enhances oral bio-availability of oral AAS.... Evidently Grapefruit juice blocks an enzyme in the small intestine which keeps the body from metabolizing/destroying the drug/AAS on the first pass, because of this action the grapefruit juice allows the drug/AAS to remain bio-available longer in the blood.

One 8oz glass of Grapefruit juice will have an enhancing effect for up to 24 to 48hrs.....

Last edited:
I believe it's " narinpin "......it brakes Down a couple different liver enzymes... Ultimately leading to faster absorption, has this effect on many oral medications. Don't hold me 100% to this statement, but it's along these lines.

I was always told to drink a lot of OJ (for the vit C?) when I did.... er if I ever did LSD.

Acid and most hallucinogens don't cause any short or long term damage. Vitamin C is usually recommended for people taking MDMA because of its anti-oxidant properties. I'd stay away from ecstasy though, it rapes your dendritic branching and does a lot of other permanent changes to your brain. The effects are cumulative as well.. :coffee:

Acid and most hallucinogens don't cause any short or long term damage. Vitamin C is usually recommended for people taking MDMA because of its anti-oxidant properties. I'd stay away from ecstasy though, it rapes your dendritic branching and does a lot of other permanent changes to your brain. The effects are cumulative as well.. :coffee:

Too late. Fortunately I am at least half a grown up now and haven't used it in several years.

Too late. Fortunately I am at least half a grown up now and haven't used it in several years.

I've read in some recent articles that Ketamine can reverse a lot of damage. It's in early trial phases to be used as an anti-depressant.

grapefruit juice does not affect oral AAS

amazing how behind everyone here is on IM (here comes sloppy)

see this is why I love this board I've never hear that b4 and everyday I learn new things!!!!

grapefruit does inhibit one of the CYP enzymes, which is responsible for breaking down a number of drugs. I know for sure it will potentiate opiates and benzos and slow their clearance from the body. I believe at least dbol and probably some others are metabolized by CYP (I wanna say CYP3A4 but thats just off the top of my head) but I haven't found much definitive proof of that. Benzos and opiates for sure lol

not sayin its not true SD, just wonderin if you have proof of this? I researched a bit and couldn't find anything definitive on the CYP enzymes effect on oral AAS

grapefruit does inhibit one of the CYP enzymes, which is responsible for breaking down a number of drugs. I know for sure it will potentiate opiates and benzos and slow their clearance from the body. I believe at least dbol and probably some others are metabolized by CYP (I wanna say CYP3A4 but thats just off the top of my head) but I haven't found much definitive proof of that. Benzos and opiates for sure lol

Yes, that's correct....

not sayin its not true SD, just wonderin if you have proof of this? I researched a bit and couldn't find anything definitive on the CYP enzymes effect on oral AAS

i had some articles about it on my old hard drive.. but trust me on this one

IML Gear Cream!

the first link doesn't mention any steroids but dbol, and doesnt prove anything.. the guy concludes his post with "Simple put many oral steroids are greatly enhanced by grapefruit juice or the extract naringin."

the second link has a study that was done in the mid 90's that is generally inconclusive to what we are searching for here

The articles were not meant to prove they did.

I was throwing them up to show the KNOWN drugs that GFJ affects and the second one was a means to reinforce the article. You would be surprised how many people do not know what the fuck CYP3A4 is or how certain juices can increase or decrease the absorption of SPECIFIC medications.

That is why I said, "While we are waiting for SD to rebuild his HD" :coffee:

The articles were not meant to prove they did.

I was throwing them up to show the KNOWN drugs that GFJ affects and the second one was a means to reinforce the teaching. You would be surprised how many people on here do not know what the fuck CYP3A4 is...

That is why I said, "While we are waiting for SD to rebuild his HD" :coffee:

:mooh:

I've seen dbol listed among the drugs affected by CYP3a4 a number of times, but when I searched I didn't find a single actual study on it. Not surprising at all really but until I see some legit proof I will concede you are probably right SD, no reason to believe oral aas are affected by grapefruit juice.

Naringin. Is processed by CYP3A4. Will affect clearance of drugs for the system, increasing their chances of interracting with a receptor before being eliminated. I know for a fact that caffeine is one of them. Oral AAS I'm not sure about. Regular smoking or toxin intake increases the amount of CYP3A4 your body produces.

Naringin. Is processed by CYP3A4. Will affect clearance of drugs for the system, increasing their chances of interracting with a receptor before being eliminated. I know for a fact that caffeine is one of them. Oral AAS I'm not sure about. Regular smoking or toxin intake increases the amount of CYP3A4 your body produces.

Actually I just read an actual study that was conducted using Naringin/GFJ and Caffeine and the the study revealed that Caffeine levels did not increase resting heartrate and CNS stimulation.. I will get that article and post it up here...... My thinking is that if Naringin/GFJ affects CYP3A4 in the intestine then it wouldnt and shouldnt be discrimitive in what medications are affected because the general action of the intestine breaking down the said drug would be halted to begin with, unless another enzyme takes over the role of CYP3A4 in its place..... just a thought...

Here is the article for what its worth.. http://4hourpeople.com/question/4500/Study-on-Caffeine-and-Grapefruit-juice

Last edited:
"My thinking is that if Naringin/GFJ affects CYP3A4 in the intestine then it wouldnt and shouldnt be discrimitive in what medications are affected because the general action of the intestine breaking down the said drug would be halted to begin with, unless another enzyme takes over the role of CYP3A4 in its place..... just a thought..."

Caffeine is probably metabolized by something other than CYP3A4, or at least for the most part. So naringin intake has little affect

Back