• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Money well spent?

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Soulja Boy buys a $55 million jet for his 21st birthday

Soulja Boy turned 21 on Thursday, and like any young working man, he marked the occasion by buying himself a nice birthday present: a tricked-out jet, a Gulfstream G5 with a $55-million price tag.

The rapper's management confirmed the purchase on Friday, telling TMZ that Soulja Boy added $20 million in upgrades to the plane, base price $35 million.

How can a person spend $20 million inside an airplane, other than ordering lunch when the flight attendants come around with the food-for-purchase? Think travertine floors, Brazilian hardwood floors, Italian leather seats and -- now that the entertainer is 21 -- four liquor bars.

Oh, add a custom paint job too, with the Soulja Boy logo.

The rapper, who hit big in 2007 with the single "Crank That (Soulja Boy)," is also dropping a reported $300,000 on his birthday party Friday night, but he might make some of that money back. According to his birthday-bash website, fans who pay $2.99 for the pay per view can watch him and his "celebrity friends" show up for and partake in the red-carpet event.

Soulja Boy buys a $55 million jet for his 21st birthday - latimes.com

1 year from now headlines read, "Souljah Boy sentenced to prison for tax evasion"

What a fucken idiot, does he realize he has to pay the pilots salary, fuel, maintenance, etc? This guy is probably worth what, a max 100-150m? Some of these rappers have no sense on basic budgeting. Then the world wonders why the US is in trillions of debt......

i'm sure much of this purchase was financed and not paid in cash.....the bank made the decision i'm sure in an effort to create more money and needed the required reserve to make some moves.....time will tell if it was in the banks best interest and if the has-been rapper (who is this again?) will pay his bills......

I hope one of the engines blow out.

I mean aren't those things pretty small anyway? How in the FUCK can u spend 20mil on the interior?

I hope one of the engines blow out.

I mean aren't those things pretty small anyway? How in the FUCK can u spend 20mil on the interior?

[...] have an incredible ability to waste money. My neighbor pimped his ride with ridiculous shit, and now hey can't get his car out of the lot because the wheels are too big and he doesn't have enough turning radius to make the entrance without completely bottoming out his car. I laughed my ass off watching this guy try to get out of the parking lot for 15 minutes before giving up.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to top it off, why would you put your fucking logo on it? First off, who has a fucking logo, but that's gotta kill the resale value!

IML Gear Cream!
i'm sure much of this purchase was financed and not paid in cash.....the bank made the decision i'm sure in an effort to create more money and needed the required reserve to make some moves.....time will tell if it was in the banks best interest and if the has-been rapper (who is this again?) will pay his bills......

Granted, the following is from teh Interweb, but according to this page, he's only worth $23 million.

1 year from now headlines read, "Souljah Boy sentenced to prison for tax evasion"

So yeah, the intent of this is right. If not tax evasion, just good old fashioned bankruptcy.

$23 million and he just pisses it away. In-fucking-credible.

It's possible, but I doubt any bank would have loaned him the money for it. If so, give him about 5 years. Spending like that, he'll be 100% broke and the bank will own the plane along with liens on everything else, from his house to his pimped out jewelry and gold teeth. Just ask our president.

He's just going to get his dumb ass shot or go broke. Best case he'll crash the plane trying to fly it in a cocaine fueled rage while waving around a gold plated .50 Desert Eagle complete with a tiger-stripe pattern.

every one in Hollywood has been getting the G5 for years. soon as they came out everyone upgraded from the G4. it's pretty much the standard mode of air transportation for those that make easy millions in entertainment.

Master P spent 30million just in one room in his house, think he lined it with gold or something as retarded. New money spends the total opposite of old money. I grew up around some blue bloods and they would drive around in panel wagons back in the day with net worth in hundreds of millions but you wouldn't know by looking at them.

He's only about as fly as a helicopter.

IML Gear Cream!
Money poorly spent in my book, but that saying, something like, perception is reality pops to mind...

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
???Albert Einstein

"A wise man recognizing the world is an illusion, does not act as if it is real, so he escapes the suffering."
???Buddha

"Who looks outside, dreams, who looks inside, awakens."
???Carl Jung

"There is nothing that isn???t true if you believe it and nothing is true, believe or not."
???Bryon Katie

"All the world is a stage and all men and women merely player."
???Shakespeare

"It???s our illusions that create the world."
???Didier Cauweleart

Perhaps this kid or his handlers are creating an illusion of success which they believe will sell him to the masses.

Soulja Boy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back