• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

effects of marijuana on lifts/gains

PappyMason

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
everyone has different opinions about this. just wanted to hear what yours here at the forum were.

In moderation, its beneficial to bb and other sports. You eat more, you rest more, etc

In excess you'll experience amotivational syndrome and you'll hinder your gains.

my boy smokes when hes on a bulking cycle, just so he can eat more.

I always found that it helped with sports, but for the most part only if you wait until you're "into" it - ie once your head's focused on the activity and the adrenalin starts to pump. Tougher with organized team sports, but easy enough with things like skiing (e.g. don't puff in the car during the morning drive or first thing in the parking lot; wait until about your 2nd or 3rd run before lighting up), mountain biking or rec sports with friends. Though back in the day I found it did work, focus-wise, with lifting as long as I really concentrated on the workout beforehand. Try to get a real animal mentality going, then puff to lock it into your focus kinda thing. My philosophy is that you might not be able to think as well, but you're only able to think about a limited amount of things so could actually end up with better focus on a single activity when stoned. I haven't smoked dope for awhile, but was actually thinkin' of grabbin' some nice bud again that I'm back goin' to the gym to see how it goes.

That's all about focus though. I can't really say if it helped or hindered lifting gains back in the day. I realize now that, no matter how aggressive I was going into my workouts, my diet absolutely sucked and was the culprit for my poor gains with weight-training.

Funny, even when I was totally chronic about weed, me and my friends never got the "munchies". I actually wonder if that's more of a myth than anything. Sure hear about it a lot though, so maybe we just got acclimatized (so to speak) from the copious masses of bud we were going through.

Last edited:
Pot helps you relax and if you are prone to anxiety, it can help with your problems. Stay away from addiction and the many issues that come with habituation, and you should be just fine.

^^ sums it up right there.
I hear amsterdam calling me ... again lol

Used to smoke everyday all day. Now I've quit. I feel a lot better and I'm much more motivated in life.

I don't think smoking every now and then is bad but when you revolve your world around it and smoke all day, it's bad. I remember when I first got into it, my roommate would be out on the back deck chiefing when I woke up. I never understood it until I got into it. There's something about a wake and bake that is awesome.

Used to smoke everyday all day. Now I've quit. I feel a lot better and I'm much more motivated in life.

I don't think smoking every now and then is bad but when you revolve your world around it and smoke all day, it's bad. I remember when I first got into it, my roommate would be out on the back deck chiefing when I woke up. I never understood it until I got into it. There's something about a wake and bake that is awesome.

I agree. I enjoy it a lot, but too much makes me lazy. I have friends that don't have that effect, but they're the hyper type, so it kinda brings them down to a normal level of energy.

I also just quit for my PCT and I really enjoy being sober.

Pot helps you relax and if you are prone to anxiety, it can help with your problems. Stay away from addiction and the many issues that come with habituation, and you should be just fine.

Pot actually makes me anxious as hell, especially for the first hour.

IML Gear Cream!
interesting responses. i agree that used in moderation is alright. I use it about 2x a month when my sleep schedule is out of wack and I get insomnia.
I've heard of it raising estrogen levels. any truth to that? and i usually am a little weaker the next day on my lifts if i smoked the night before.

interesting responses. i agree that used in moderation is alright. I use it about 2x a month when my sleep schedule is out of wack and I get insomnia.
I've heard of it raising estrogen levels. any truth to that? and i usually am a little weaker the next day on my lifts if i smoked the night before.

I would think if theres any effect, it would be insignificant. Although I can't back that up w any real science...

I think it's complete bullshit

Burned down for a good portion of my life. Played ball as a youth, in high school, and in college. Did a brief stint in arena ball all with a dazed glaze. In college, my roommate and I burned down, railed a line of coke, and did out final exam presentation in our soc 410 class. Sat through the q&a and nailed every comment with the appropriate response. We aced the exam which helped our final grade because we never really showed up. My point is that anything in moderation is fine. Once you start over thinking things you throw yourself into a world of confusion and emotions. I hit personal best on max days while in spring ball every year. I wish I could still be now, but told the wife I would take a good time off...got 2 kids and trying for 1 more. But I love it and what it can do for you when in the right frame of mind.

Pot actually makes me anxious as hell, especially for the first hour.

Same here, not all that enjoyable. Could eat 5k calories a day easy with it though haha. Don't need that to grow so not really a temptation to use. Fucking painkillers would be if I let them.

some may get a bad idea from this thread.. let me clarify: DO NOT SMOKE AND LIFT WHILE HIGH!, it will seem like you've been at the gym forever and obviously you can have an accident.

Ive been smoking weed daily for about 3 years. However, the last year I took the gym more serious and I have cut down to every other day blazing because i didnt want to effect my training. I think in moderation it is fine. I only smoke after workouts too or at night time to aid sleeping.

:O are you people really telling me that bud does not affect your training ? in my experience it compells me to eat vast amounts of junk food ! If only onion rings & cheesie poofs counted towards my lean protein intake ! I do smoke as a reward after a very taxing sesh but I make sure that I have homemade protein bars on hand & if I can be arsed a nice chicken salad :)

I agree. But I think it depends on the person.
Some people can be functional stoners, others not so much.

When I smoke weed I am a bum, plain and simple. Then again, I used to know a fairly jacked individual that would blaze a small joint before going to the gym...blew my mind. But, he put in some work.

I will smoke here and there but usually after I lift. I just like chasing tail when I am baked

I blazed on the way to the gym for years. I had better workouts and better performance because of it. I was generally more motivated in my life. Basically, pot does the opposite to me that everyone else says it will do. Life is about discovery. Find what works for you.

I worked harder and was much more motivated while addicted to pot. I smoked so much that I could no longer get stoned although my eyes would still go red. It just made me feel normal instead of anxious.

Moderation is the key.....I have also heard it cuts back Testosterone levels, therefore allowing estrogen to circulate a little more freely.

from experience i know it helps me relax and i sleep like a baby after.. always makes me tired. i would assume it would aid in the resting part

some at gym smoke to make bulk eating easier, seems to work for them, as they are getting some mass.

Back