• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

dance monkeys dance

pretty cynical way to look at something, but to each their own i guess

I don't mind being called a monkey, it's those other baboons I'm worried about!

I cant believe I sat and listened to everything that monkey had to say...

That was great but it goes right over most peoples heads because they aren't smart monkeys they are religious monkeys. You can tell who is who by their reaction.

That was great but it goes right over most peoples heads because they aren't smart monkeys they are religious monkeys. You can tell who is who by their reaction.

so you feel an atheist is intellectually superior?

so you feel an atheist is intellectually superior?

No, I feel that there are parts of the brain that are filled with emotion that can override logical thinking.

That is the nicer version of what I have already said.

I don't fault anyone for that to be honest with you. I admire devotion in all it's forms.

No, I feel that there are parts of the brain that are filled with emotion that can override logical thinking.

I don't fault anyone for that to be honest with you. I admire devotion in all it's forms.

so then those who believe in a higher being are illogical?

IML Gear Cream!
:hiya: At times.... YES. People I have known have limited themselves where logic is concerned. Where logic meets religion... emotion rules the religious. It's the same with love.

This argument is exactly what the movie was talking about. There are theistic monkeys and atheistic monkeys, but they refuse to admit that they are all monkeys nonetheless. Dance, monkeys, dance!!

This argument is exactly what the movie was talking about. There are theistic monkeys and atheistic monkeys, but they refuse to admit that they are all monkeys nonetheless. Dance, monkeys, dance!!
As the non-partisan monkeys dance their own dance :mooh:

Too me it seamed that the movie labeled us all in some way. I liked it ...

As the non-partisan monkeys dance their own dance :mooh:

Too me it seamed that the movie labeled us all in some way. I liked it ...

I think it labeled us all the same way, we're all monkeys - it doesn't matter what kind, just monkeys.

Get your stinkin paws off me you damned dirty ape...

If anyone buys into that garbage, they deserve the life they get.

I'm not saying there is no god, just that I can't prove that one does or does not exist. The only thing I know for sure is that we evolved from lower life-forms, there's nothing wrong with that, it's just the way it is. You still have to make your life count however you can.

I'm not saying there is no god, just that I can't prove that one does or does not exist. The only thing I know for sure is that we evolved from lower life-forms, there's nothing wrong with that, it's just the way it is. You still have to make your life count however you can.

I didn't interpret that film relating to religion, I took it to mean that we, as humans, are nothing special and are only governed by the most base instincts.

I didn't interpret that film relating to religion, I took it to mean that we, as humans, are (1)nothing special and are only (2)governed by the most base instincts.

(1)
pic75.jpg

Well, he's special (in that special kind of way)

(2)
The drive to procreate

evolution is still only a theory. there are way too many holes in it for it to be considered fact. i do not in any way believe i evolved from a more primitive life form.

IML Gear Cream!
evolution is still only a theory. there are way too many holes in it for it to be considered fact. i do not in any way believe i evolved from a more primitive life form.

But it has been proven that we have evolved from other species in the genus Homo.

This is all from Wikipedia: Human evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo habilis,
Homo rudolfensis,
Homo ergaster,
Homo georgicus erectus,
Homo antecessor,
Homo cepranensis,
Homo erectus,
Homo heidelbergensis,
Homo rhodesiensis,
Homo sapien neanderthalensis,
Homo sapien idaltu,
Homo sapien archaic,
and Homo floresiensis

Some of these are offshoots and not related to us, but Homo Habilis, Homo Erectus, and possibly Homo sapien neanderthalensis (debate is ongoing as to whether or not neanderthalensis was a offshoot of our species), have been scientifically linked to us.

But everyone is going to debate this for a long time. Crazy monkeys!

anything where debate is ongoing has not been proven. and like i said this is all a theory. it seems to make sense, but we have such a small glimpse of what has happened over this planets history that i think it very presumptive to call this theory proven

anything where debate is ongoing has not been proven. and like i said this is all a theory. it seems to make sense, but we have such a small glimpse of what has happened over this planets history that i think it very presumptive to call this theory proven

But only one is being debated, the others in the list aren't debated anymore.

I really like arguing with you, you keep making solid counter-arguments! :clapping:

(1)
pic75.jpg

Well, he's special (in that special kind of way)

(2)
The drive to procreate

1. We are special, and not only in bad ways.

2. And? That's just one of many things that we do.

Simply put, there is no animal on this planet that is anything like humans.

wasnt it just a month or so ago that a scientist mapped his dna and we discovered we are actually less genetically similar to apes than we previously thought?
or how about when they recently discovered that homo habilis and homo erectus were contemporaries of each other?
we have way too much yet to discover before this can be anything other than a theory

I forgot about something, evolution isn't perfect and may have some holes, but to say that makes it unreliable would be saying that any form of religion is also unreliable because there is no religion that is without holes (you must have faith - a common phrase that means "trust us because we say we're right"). Almost everything we have in life is based on one theory or another, so saying that one is more unreliable really throws some doubt on all the other ones as well.

At least with evolution, I can go and see what science has been trying to teach us. I'm not saying that religion is bad, because it may be the only reason everyone hasn't already killed each other.

There, I'm finished ranting!

I forgot about something, evolution isn't perfect and may have some holes, but to say that makes it unreliable would be saying that any form of religion is also unreliable because there is no religion that is without holes (you must have faith - a common phrase that means "trust us because we say we're right"). Almost everything we have in life is based on one theory or another, so saying that one is more unreliable really throws some doubt on all the other ones as well.

At least with evolution, I can go and see what science has been trying to teach us. I'm not saying that religion is bad, because it may be the only reason everyone hasn't already killed each other.

There, I'm finished ranting!

i was hoping you would actually develop this further. i would disagree with your ideas of faith. to me it means "come and see for yourself" it really has nothing to do with believing something blindly

1. We are special, and not only in bad ways.

2. And? That's just one of many things that we do.

Simply put, there is no animal on this planet that is anything like humans.

See my whole theory has always been that we are really aliens on this planet (that makes the Adam and Eve story seem to make more sense). And that the only was that we could keep a sense of how much more evolved and superior we were was to have some religious like laws and codes written to help guide our progress back to where ever it is we came from. The Garden of Eden has never been found (like Atlantis), I think Atlantis was our ancient ship that was badly damaged and only two people survived the crash, the story of Atlantis was created and kept alive to usher a desire to find it (and thereby finding a real link to our past and possibly a way home). People have reported alien encounters for a long time, some were crazy, but others were more convincing. Could another race be trying to keep tabs on us and track our progress? Maybe not, we were probably forgotten a long time ago.

:monkey:
:monkey::monkey: :monkey:

i can relate to that :dont:

i was hoping you would actually develop this further. i would disagree with your ideas of faith. to me it means "come and see for yourself" it really has nothing to do with believing something blindly

I guess everyone sees things differently, I'm much more of an agnostic person and I don't really care one way or another if anyone else agrees with me (at least about the existence of God an the idea of intelligent design) - sort of a live and let live philosophy. :shrug:

Back