• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Nirvana appreciation thread....

MyK

the unbanned
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
.... I miss curt and the boys soo much...

How the hell did we wind up like this
Why weren't we able
To see the signs that we missed
And try to turn the tables

I wish you'd unclench your fists
And unpack your suitcase
Lately there's been too much of this
Dont think its too late

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Nirvana was the first band that I ever liked. Growing up around Alabama hillbillies meant that I had never heard anything other than country music up until the day I first heard of Nirvana on our local school channel 1 closed circuit news. I was 11 years old, and Kurt had just killed himself. But his death brought attention to his music which I feel in love with immediately. Nevermind was the first piece of music I ever purchased. My introduction to good music came at the cost of one of Rock Music's greatest heros.

:(

I saw Nirvana after Bleach came out right before Nevermind hit the shelves. They opened for Pearl Jam and the Chili Peppers. I still remember the ovation for Nirvana after they finished seemed to go on forever. Then Eddie Vedder walked onstage by himself and asked the crowd-"just how the fuck are we supposed to follow that?"

Last edited:
I lived in Seattle when they came out and I'm probably the only one who don't have a good story. I remember when they had the memorial at the Seattle Center when Kurt died though. I think I have all their music on my computer, but only listen to it every so often.

My introduction to good music came at the cost of one of Rock Music's greatest heros.

:(

So you're saying that you're listening to Nirvana caused Kurt Cobain's death? It's got to suck to be you then. :loser:

Good band

I saw Nirvana for $8 bucks.

Them were the good ol' days.

Anyway OP: that pics is not of Nirvana.

Sacrilege. Shame......

I probally listened to the unplugged cd more than any other cd ever

I saw Nirvana for $8 bucks.

Them were the good ol' days.

Anyway OP: that pics is not of Nirvana.

Sacrilege. Shame......

I think the picture was meant to represent the downfall of Rock music.

I was in High School when they started to become popular, but secretly I was already a fan after the record store dude sold me the Bleach tape, 1991...8th grade, my best mother, the only woman who ever seemed to actually care about my feelings died of adrenal cancer. Then came Nevermind which just blew me away, the tone of that tape just resonated with my depression, but later when they started becoming more popular I didn't start wearing flannel shirts and ripped jeans, nope just stayed an average nobody with no clique, just playing football, making easy A's and playing in a garage band with my neighborhood buddies trying to just blend into the background of everywhere while in my head I would be replaying Lithium, or In Bloom, or of course Jimi 'Hear my Train A Comin' "take this town and put it in my shoe"....

Anyone think that Kurt Cobain was murdered?

.... I miss curt and the boys soo much...

How the hell did we wind up like this
Why weren't we able
To see the signs that we missed
And try to turn the tables

I wish you'd unclench your fists
And unpack your suitcase
Lately there's been too much of this
Dont think its too late

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Great band, but this is a pic of Nickeback :geewhiz:

this may have just been the case here in Dallas, but the only alternative/rock station is 102.1 the edge- and they played the sht out of Nirvana. I loved em until i was forced to listen to teen spirit twice a day for 10 years

Love(d) Nirvanna still live their music I lovd the whole grunge band scene

this may have just been the case here in Dallas, but the only alternative/rock station is 102.1 the edge- and they played the sht out of Nirvana. I loved em until i was forced to listen to teen spirit twice a day for 10 years

Naw, bud, it's not just in Dallas. I can't even listen to the radio these days, just for that very reason.

Nirvana was the shit at the time. If, well, so many ifs....

Anyone think that Kurt Cobain was murdered?
Hell no, he killed himself, just listen to 'Something in the Way' that song is Nick Drake depressing....but I used to listen to it on repeat when I was grounded with only music and encyclopedias to keep me company, yeah thats right my dad would lock me in my room with out any tv, Nintendo or recreational reading, you get depressed in that environment...

YouTube Video

Back