• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Tito vs Chuck Dec. 30th

Tito vs Chuck Dec. 30th

• Total voters

Doublebase

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Discuss.

Heh. Voting with my heart instead of my head.. picking Tito by submission.

There is a new good video preview of this fight @ ufc.com ... though by the time the actual PPV rolls around I'm sure we will all be sick of seeing it

I think Tito will win this fight. I do not think it will go to decision though. I picked Tito by KO. He's gonna do the ground the pound to Chucks face until Big John stops it.

Chuck KO. I don't think Tito can get in to take down Chuck. It will be like every other fight when someone tries to rush Chuck. He's just too good of a puncher. Tito will either get caught coming in or get sick of shooting and stand up and get knocked out again.

Chuck KO. I don't think Tito can get in to take down Chuck. It will be like every other fight when someone tries to rush Chuck. He's just too good of a puncher. Tito will either get caught coming in or get sick of shooting and stand up and get knocked out again.

Somebody has to get in on Chuck. Tito will be the one to do it. Tito wants this belt more then anything. He stepped up his training big time for this fight. I think we are going to another champ. Just like we did in the welter weight division. Is Matt Hughes fighting Matt Serra Dec. 30th also?

Somebody has to get in on Chuck. Tito will be the one to do it. Tito wants this belt more then anything. He stepped up his training big time for this fight. I think we are going to another champ. Just like we did in the welter weight division. Is Matt Hughes fighting Matt Serra Dec. 30th also?

I thought Serra gets a title fight...IMO, they should get him into that title fight ASAP, he has a very good chance of losing to just about anybody at any time.

I thought Serra gets a title fight...IMO, they should get him into that title fight ASAP, he has a very good chance of losing to just about anybody at any time.

I thought he would fight the champ at the time he won. That was Matt Hughes. I'm not sure though. Would have to do some research.

I forget where I read it but I think the Serra/GSP fight is tentatively scheduled for February. They both did an interview talking about the fight on the last "inside the ufc"

Its all going to depend on how far Tito has developed his stand up. I've yet to see someone use kicks effectively against chuck and if tito can land 2-3 lower leg shots and some rib shots he will be in a better person to shoot for the takedown.

That being said, I think Tito is going to run out way too gung ho and get clobbered by Chuck early

IML Gear Cream!
I was waiting for a thread to be made about this fight. I hope to god we are smelling another chance in having a new champ. Last UFC fight was prolly the most exciting one. After watching UFC unleashed yesterday, seeing Hughes fight Evan Tanner made me really wanna watch Hughes get his ass kicked by GSP again!

I am hoping your wrong, but youre spot on. I honestly dont know what Tito has been doing this whole time, but I would SUSPECT hes been training his absolute hardest. I really want to see the redneck bleed.

Really, I want him spitting blood. I know, I ask for a lot.

After watching UFC unleashed yesterday, seeing Hughes fight Evan Tanner made me really wanna watch Hughes get his ass kicked by GSP again!

I think you mean Frank Trigg. Tanner fought Rich Franklin. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Griffin made Tito's takedowns look so weak, and Chuck has the toughest takedown defense in the UFC. So if Tito hasn't vastly improved he's in for a long, or should I say short, night!

I took Chuck by TKO.

We'll see the best Tito yet. Everyone seems to forget his humble beginnings ... as a striker who waxed all that stood before him with viciously fast left and right combos ... he was merciless. Now Tito is stronger than he ever was with better ground skills. Understand I don't like this guy's attitude; Tito's a punk with no respect for anyone in the ring. His sportsmanship doesn't change the reality that he is the toughest UFC fighter Chuck has faced and IMHO he will not go down like everyone is expecting. Hey if Chuck tags his ass then it's nap time but that goes either way.

What sets Chuck???s game apart from the other UFC light heavyweights is that he will stay in the pocket and bang with anyone, while everyone else in his weight class throws a few then tries a take-down, clinches, or steps back. Tito has shown he can and will stand up and bang with Chuck. IMHO this is where it will get interesting. We've seen Chuck's bell get rung but so far no-one had what it took to close the deal afterwards because when Chuck???s head is buzzed he still has his legs. He has that rare nervous system that doesn???t go on the blink when in that limbo land of semi-consciousness. Now factor in that Tito has what it takes to really knock him out ??? he can knock Chuck right the fuck out. Tito on the other hand is not so well possessed of his body when he gets his ticket punched. If Chuck does tag him Tito will once again drop like the sack of shit he is which to me is interesting ... seeing Tito get his ass knocked the fuck out (I really don???t like him).

This is one damn good fight with the KO potential from both camps offering the most likely outcome. Throw into the mix a stronger ground game on Tito's side and it becomes the first fight I won't bet on in a couple of decades.

Griffin made Tito's takedowns look so weak, and Chuck has the toughest takedown defense in the UFC. So if Tito hasn't vastly improved he's in for a long, or should I say short, night!

I took Chuck by TKO.

See now here's where the cynic in me comes out. I think there is a little hocus-poke us going on behind the scenes at UFC. I have never seen Tito lay off of a fighter but he absolutely did just that vs Griffin. He could have walked right through Griffin???s lame ass fake jab and destroyed him early. Instead he layed off and let the fight go past its otherwise probable conclusion of Griffin getting knocked out or sub???d.

What???s up with that :shrug: :thinking:

Its all going to depend on how far Tito has developed his stand up. I've yet to see someone use kicks effectively against chuck and if tito can land 2-3 lower leg shots and some rib shots he will be in a better person to shoot for the takedown.

That being said, I think Tito is going to run out way too gung ho and get clobbered by Chuck early

Yup. Totally agree.

Hopefully Tito learned from everyone else who has fought Chuck - they try to stand toe to toe and they get knocked out because NOBODY can match Chuck's punches - even Tito. I see this going one of two ways - either over in 2 minutes due to Tito getting knocked out or going three rounds with Tito possibly wearing him down and winning by submission. The big key is getting Liddell to the ground, because he hasn't had to go there in his last five fights.

I have never seen Tito lay off of a fighter but he absolutely did just that vs Griffin.

I disagree... Tito was trying like hell the last to rounds to get Griffin down, but his sprawling was dominant.

See now here's where the cynic in me comes out. I think there is a little hocus-poke us going on behind the scenes at UFC. I have never seen Tito lay off of a fighter but he absolutely did just that vs Griffin. He could have walked right through Griffin???s lame ass fake jab and destroyed him early. Instead he layed off and let the fight go past its otherwise probable conclusion of Griffin getting knocked out or sub???d.

What???s up with that :shrug: :thinking:

IMO he was pussy-footin in that fight hoping not to get injured before his "big fight" with Shamrock. I agree, he could have ended that bascially when he wanted to, and did just enough in his mind to seal the victory.

I wouldn't bet on the Liddell/Ortiz fight either, could definitely go either way.

I disagree... Tito was trying like hell the last to rounds to get Griffin down, but his sprawling was dominant.

I follow ya and I agree ... I'm talking the first round when Griffin was coming at Tito not the later stuff. Griffin vs Tito when he was coming up for his first title shot would have been a KO'd Griffin. This time Tito has to dance to Dana White's music ... "Okay Tito don't take our boy out right away" ... so he gave Griffin a pass in that first round. He layed off ...

IML Gear Cream!
Who else is on the card for that night? When will we see Griffin again?

Beat to the punch ^

I think Tito needs to be smart, bide his time, and shoot when the opportunity comes. I think what you see with Chuck's sprawl is that other people have been dominated by him, got frustrated, and just threw half-assed shots. It is almost like they think there is only 1 round. I think Tito needs to stand with Chuck, stay away, and shoot when Chuck gets frustrated, or after he throws one of those sloppy knock out punches. The great thing about an overhand right is that when someone misses one, the takedown is right there for the taking.

I think Tito needs to be smart, bide his time, and shoot when the opportunity comes. I think what you see with Chuck's sprawl is that other people have been dominated by him, got frustrated, and just threw half-assed shots. It is almost like they think there is only 1 round. I think Tito needs to stand with Chuck, stay away, and shoot when Chuck gets frustrated, or after he throws one of those sloppy knock out punches. The great thing about an overhand right is that when someone misses one, the takedown is right there for the taking.

:finger:

I wondwer how many out of the nine posted fights will make the PPV ... but the card as it stands now looks good.

It is a sloppy punch, it just so happens he only throws it at the right time, so I s'pose that's a good thing.

chuck throws with his entire body with great accuracy. If you watch griffin he throws weak non effective arm punches

watch any great stand up fighter - chuck, cro cop, fedor, all throw with their entire bodies. power punches for the win

chuck throws with his entire body with great accuracy. If you watch griffin he throws weak non effective arm punches

watch any great stand up fighter - chuck, cro cop, fedor, all throw with their entire bodies. power punches for the win

No doubt, but if he throws it and misses he will get taken down.

Back