• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bush Saturday said "Democrats in Congress" are largely to blame for higher fuel price

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Bush Saturday said "Democrats in Congress" are largely to blame for higher fuel price

Bush blames Congress for gas prices - UPI.com

WASHINGTON, July 11 (UPI) -- U.S. President George W. Bush Saturday said "Democrats in Congress" are largely to blame for higher fuel prices.

In his weekly radio address, the president said "one of the factors driving up high gas prices is that many of our oil deposits here in the United States have been put off-limits for exploration and production."
"Past efforts to meet the demand for oil by expanding domestic resources have been repeatedly rejected by Democrats in Congress," he said.
Bush said, however, that rising fuel costs have "caused some to rethink their long-held opposition to opening up more areas for domestic production."
"If this change of heart is real, we can work together on four steps that will expand American oil and gas production and eventually relieve the pressure of rising prices."
Bush called on Congress to increase access to offshore exploration on the Outer Continental Shelf. He said U.S. oil production could be expanded by exploiting oil shale, but he said Democrats are blocking oil shale leasing on federal lands.
The president repeated his call for Congress to drop its opposition to oil exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge -- which he did not specifically name, but referred to only as "northern Alaska."
He also called for increased oil refining capacity in the United States

Yea, Bush's wasteful war has nothing to do with it. The massive depreciation of the dollar has nothing to do with it. It's always someone else's fault.

You don't think cockblocking ourselves from our own oil in ANWAR and oil/natural gas from our coasts when Cuba/Brazil are sucking it all up has anything to do with it. If I remember right when Democrats won Congress one of their 30 day plans was too cut oil prices when they were at 100 bucks a barrel.

And If I remember right when Republicans took the White House in 2000 they promised to do the exact opposite of nearly everything they have done.

c'mon...lets not be partisan hacks.

Its everyone's fault.

-Both parties (currency depreciation, refusal for domestic reserve expansion, war spending, middle east instability)
-US industry (auto manufacturers, utility companies, financial hedge and derivative firms speculating)
-US consumers (well....being US consumers and consuming everything in site)

High oil prices are good in the long term IMHO. It may put us in a pinch in the short run, but it will force change from the top down and the bottom up when the price of oil becomes too high. We won't be changing our way of consuming, spending, legislating, and producing until oil hits 250USD a barrel.

As for a bit of math, from the period of Sep 07 -> Jul 08, the price of oil has risen from approximately 80$/barrel to 145%/barrel which is an 81% increase in price. During that same period, the in Sep 07 dollar/euro exchange rate was 1.25. As of Jul 08, it stands it around 1.6 and change. That is a depreciation of 22%. Now if the value of the dollar falls by half, the price of oil would need to double in order to be equivalently valued. Therefore you can figure in that at an absolute minimum, 44% of the increase in the value of oil can be attributed to the falling dollar.

Couple that with the current lack of faith in the dollar and the US economy in general (yes feeling has quite a lot to do with dictating price, the stock market runs on emotion) and you can add several percentage points on top of that minimum value quite easily.

Factor in that it is generally accepted that there will be an inflation level of around 2% yearly (at a minimum, it is quite a lot higher at the moment) and you are now getting close to that % increase in oil price. And we haven't even discussed the effects of the Iraq War yet on oil distribution from the ME.

c'mon...lets not be partisan hacks.

Its everyone's fault.

-Both parties (currency depreciation, refusal for domestic reserve expansion, war spending, middle east instability)
-US industry (auto manufacturers, utility companies, financial hedge and derivative firms speculating)
-US consumers (well....being US consumers and consuming everything in site)

High oil prices are good in the long term IMHO. It may put us in a pinch in the short run, but it will force change from the top down and the bottom up when the price of oil becomes too high. We won't be changing our way of consuming, spending, legislating, and producing until oil hits 250USD a barrel.

I'm not partisan at all. I think both sides are retarded and should never be allowed to govern what comes out of my ass, let alone this country.

I don't care about democrat or republican, I only care if what you are doing makes sense. Neither side has that going for them, therefore I won't support either side (with a few exceptions for representatives on both sides).

its not the Dems so much as its the enviromental whackos that control them.

IML Gear Cream!
I think a good compromise would be to get domestic oil and put a small tax on it to fund private alternate energy research. If we provided even 20% or our own oil, we would no longer be at the whim of OPEC and the middle east. We could do a 1% tax to alternate energy research, and a 1% tax to buy and preserve new national park land. That really ought to make everyone happy.

Refusing to allow domestic oil exploration in order to force us into another energy source is borderline fucking retarded. Seriously. Saying that domestic oil drilling won't lead to benefits until 5 years from now is no fucking excuse for not doing it now, it makes it that much more egregious that we didn't start 5 or 10 years ago. And it will be WAY more than 5 years until we are oil independent, especially at the rate we are currently going.

I would be all for shale oil exploration, but I don't want ANWAR tapped personally. It's called a wildlife refuge for a reason - Alaska is one of the purest natural and beautiful places, I would rather not have that fucked up for oil.

Besides I think we need to force oil companies to find more effective ways of tapping into shale oil rather than giving them pre-existing supplies - if we can nail shale oil refining then the US would be the largest oil supplier in the world.

I would be all for shale oil exploration, but I don't want ANWAR tapped personally. It's called a wildlife refuge for a reason - Alaska is one of the purest natural and beautiful places, I would rather not have that fucked up for oil.

If you saw how little it would be impacted, you might change your mind. These environmentalists are whackos. Hopefully when "man-made global warming" is finally debunked, these nut jobs will be put in their place.

Both parties are to blame, but the Democrats do deserve the lion's share of blame & have no realistic plan to get us out of it. Anyone denying that is kidding themselves.

Analogies I've heard: ANWR is South Carolina, and the drilling site is the size of Logan Int'l Airport.

Alaska is a football field, ANWR is one of the endzones, the drilling site is a postage stamp on the end zone.

Let's think about the first one. What type of lunatic would tell the people of South Carolina "no you can't build an international airport here, go drive to Atlanta this area is too pristine! Screw what you need" Yes, it is insane, but tons of brainwashed people are saying "no you can't drill and pump the same amount of oil we are importing every day from Saudi Arabia on .01% of ANWR, surely the entire ecosystem willl collapse from such a calamity befalling the area."

The drilling site is 3.13 sq miles, ANWR is 29,764.43 sq miles.

Drilling isn't going to kill the environment, it's such lunacy. What is going to kill us is sending $800 billion dollars overseas every year, often to people who hate our guts (Think Hugo Chavez and the Saudis) At least with the Iraq War we are spending it on bullets and bombs we're killing them with.

YouTube Video

The dems have blocked ANWR and blocked off-shore drilling. Bush is dead on the money on this. He's screwed up a lot, including with ethanol, but he has tried to increase our own production and been roadblocked in the Senate.

And what about when those companies start dumping those nice "extras" into those lakes around the area?

I'm not saying that the actual drilling will wreck anything, the irresponsibility of corporations will. It's just truth - if it increases their profits, they will dump that waste into a river rather than disposing of it.

That and it's a psychological thing. ANWAR is hands off right now. If we allow drilling in the area, you know some senator will be like "but they allowed drilling, why can't we built a coal plant there?" or some other garbage.

Bush blames Congress for gas prices - UPI.com

WASHINGTON, July 11 (UPI) -- U.S. President George W. Bush Saturday said "Democrats in Congress" are largely to blame for higher fuel prices.

In his weekly radio address, the president said "one of the factors driving up high gas prices is that many of our oil deposits here in the United States have been put off-limits for exploration and production."
"Past efforts to meet the demand for oil by expanding domestic resources have been repeatedly rejected by Democrats in Congress," he said.
Bush said, however, that rising fuel costs have "caused some to rethink their long-held opposition to opening up more areas for domestic production."
"If this change of heart is real, we can work together on four steps that will expand American oil and gas production and eventually relieve the pressure of rising prices."

Wrong.

And this is just election year pandering.

The price of Crude oil has gone up for many reasons.

Offshore drilling is a drop in the bucket. And it will take time to explore it, find, it drill it, extract it, put in in ship and get it to the US market.

The increase in demand is a worldwide problem. China and India, and other nations, including the US. Declining output/production of 88 MBP (million barrels per day), a declining dollar, and speculation on the commodity markets, and geoplotical problems in Nigeria, and Iran, and elsewhere.

Stupid, election year, politics.

Drilling isn't going to kill the environment, it's such lunacy. What is going to kill us is sending.
What about the pipelines and the roads and the communities that spring up around it. How about the waste and the spills. When I lived in Texas a natural gas line leaked and built up a cloud, then a car came by and ignited it, 23 miles away my house shook as though a earthquake had hit. For miles around the blast zone the land looked like a small nuclear device had gone off trees were thrown sideways, animals were scorched and homes were devistated. Luckily there weren't many homes and most of the land had already been plowed down for grazing cattle.... If something like that were to happen in ANWAR it could do a lot of damage...

What about the pipelines and the roads and the communities that spring up around it. How about the waste and the spills. When I lived in Texas a natural gas line leaked and built up a cloud, then a car came by and ignited it, 23 miles away my house shook as though a earthquake had hit. For miles around the blast zone the land looked like a small nuclear device had gone off trees were thrown sideways, animals were scorched and homes were devistated. Luckily there weren't many homes and most of the land had already been plowed down for grazing cattle.... If something like that were to happen in ANWAR it could do a lot of damage...

Do you think a big "community" is going to pop up there? You realize it's on the northern part of Alaska, right? The Sun doesn't even rise for several weeks during the year and it's cold enough to freeze your spit before it hits the ground. Your fear is misplaced.

ANWR can replace all of the oil we buy from Saudi Arabia. I think that should be all I have to say.

All that I know is business is booming for us in the Photovoltaic sector, we have sold out our next 5 or 6 containers of our most popular solar module, if the supply could meet the demand right now we could still sell triple that probably... These module manufacturers need to start building more 10-16MW plants and stop toying around with 1-3MW per month facilities, the needs of the US are growing everyday in this market and they have shot themselves in the foot by under building their plants. In Europe and Japan they all have 20-50MW plants if they had just built plants to provide half of that here and shipped our extra production over there they could have made up the difference in lost revenue for shipping in the extra domestic sales they are currently losing out on....

Now it really is the dems fault if they don't go along with this lift

Bush Lifts Offshore drilling ban
AFP: Bush lifts offshore drilling ban

The Associated Press: Bush to lift executive ban on offshore drilling

There are two prohibitions on offshore drilling, one imposed by Congress and another by executive order signed by former President Bush in 1990. The current president, trying to ease market tensions and boost supply, called last month for Congress to lift its prohibition before he did so himself.

All that I know is business is booming for us in the Photovoltaic sector, we have sold out our next 5 or 6 containers of our most popular solar module, if the supply could meet the demand right now we could still sell triple that probably... These module manufacturers need to start building more 10-16MW plants and stop toying around with 1-3MW per month facilities, the needs of the US are growing everyday in this market and they have shot themselves in the foot by under building their plants. In Europe and Japan they all have 20-50MW plants if they had just built plants to provide half of that here and shipped our extra production over there they could have made up the difference in lost revenue for shipping in the extra domestic sales they are currently losing out on....

Worldwide Energy generated from solar has been doubling every 2-3 years since the early 70s.

Analogies I've heard: ANWR is South Carolina, and the drilling site is the size of Logan Int'l Airport.

Alaska is a football field, ANWR is one of the endzones, the drilling site is a postage stamp on the end zone.

Let's think about the first one. What type of lunatic would tell the people of South Carolina "no you can't build an international airport here, go drive to Atlanta this area is too pristine! Screw what you need" Yes, it is insane, but tons of brainwashed people are saying "no you can't drill and pump the same amount of oil we are importing every day from Saudi Arabia on .01% of ANWR, surely the entire ecosystem willl collapse from such a calamity befalling the area."

Drilling isn't going to kill the environment, it's such lunacy. What is going to kill us is sending $800 billion dollars overseas every year, often to people who hate our guts (Think Hugo Chavez and the Saudis) At least with the Iraq War we are spending it on bullets and bombs we're killing them with.

YouTube Video

The dems have blocked ANWR and blocked off-shore drilling. Bush is dead on the money on this. He's screwed up a lot, including with ethanol, but he has tried to increase our own production and been roadblocked in the Senate.

The Dems don't give a fuck about ANWR. They are trying to force us onto another energy source.

The Dems don't give a fuck about ANWR. They are trying to force us onto another energy source.

Of course they don't care about ANWR. But they make the ignorant populace believe that is the reason not to drill there.

Example: people in this thread talking about how it's gonna ruin the environment to drill for oil on .01% of ANWR.

Wrong.

And this is just election year pandering.

The price of Crude oil has gone up for many reasons.

Offshore drilling is a drop in the bucket. And it will take time to explore it, find, it drill it, extract it, put in in ship and get it to the US market.

The increase in demand is a worldwide problem. China and India, and other nations, including the US. Declining output/production of 88 MBP (million barrels per day), a declining dollar, and speculation on the commodity markets, and geoplotical problems in Nigeria, and Iran, and elsewhere.

Stupid, election year, politics.

very good post

Back