• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What exactly is MK-2866 (Ostarine) and What are It's Benefits??

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Here is one of my many articles on MK-2866 (Ostarine)... Buy the purest and highest quality SARMS, including MK-2866 exclusively at SARMS1.COM - The best Selective androgen receptor modulators...

Ostarine (MK-2866) is a SARM developed by GTx for the prevention and treatment of muscle wasting. It may eventually be a medical prescription for the prevention of cachexia, atrophy and sarcopenia as well as for Hormone or Testosterone Replacement Therapy.

As a research chemical, Ostarine belongs to a class of chemicals know as SARMS or selective androgen receptor modulators. SARMS create selective anabolic activity at certain androgen receptors. In comparison to testosterone and other anabolic steroids, the advantage of SARMS, is they do not have androgenic activity in non-skeletal muscle tissues. Ostarine is effective in maintaining and increasing lean body mass.

How does it work?

SARMS bind to the androgen receptor and demonstrate osteo (bone) and myo (muscular) anabolic activity.

Androgen receptor activation

Binding and activation of the Androgen receptor alters the expression of genes and increases protein synthesis which builds muscle. In essence, SARMS like ostarine cause muscle growth in the same manner as steroids, however unlike testosterone and other anabolic steroids, SARMS do not produce the growth effect on prostate and other secondary sexual organs.

Ostarine in particular exerts its anabolic effects on muscle tissue almost exclusively. So not only does it represent a new potential treatment option for a wide spectrum of conditions from muscle wasting diseases (from age-related to AIDS or cancer-related), but is also has immense potential for muscle building for bodybuilders, fitness, athletes and an agent to minimize atrophy during recovery periods from serious surgery or similar situations.

*Uses of Ostarine*

Lean muscle gains (bulking)

Ostarine is the most anabolic of any SARMS, making its first and foremost use for wanting to gain lean muscle. The gains in total weight will not be comparable to bulking steroids, however the total gains will almost entirely be lean muscle.

The gains that are made on ostarine are very keepable and users generally see an increase of up to 7 lbs. of lean body mass over and 8 week cycle at 25mg day (diet dependent). The most common dosage is 25 mg for 8 weeks. The side effects that one encounters with steroid use will not be present on cycle.

Generally, with ostarine, the higher the dosage, the more suppression. Although suppression is minimal and is nowhere comparable to suppression that one encounters on steroids, any cycle of ostarine over a 4 weeks period requires a 3 week mini pct. A serm is not required in this pct.

Losing Bodyfat (cutting)

Ostarine would primarily fit into a cutting protocol for the maintenance of muscle mass while reducing calories. One of the most disheartening outcomes of cutting is the loss hard earned muscle mass. The drop in metabolic rate and hormone levels (T3, IGF, Testosterone etc) with the lack of calories is a perfect catabolic environment for loss of muscle tissue. As Ostarine has anabolic effects, the dieter can cut calories without having to worry about muscle or strength loss. Ostarine has also shown noticeable nutrient partitioning effects among users, another reason why it can be of great help when cutting.

A 15-20 mg dosing protocol for 6-8 weeks is good for cutting with Ostarine without undergoing any side effects or high suppression. However it must be stated that due to the lack of androgenicity, muscle hardness and overall results are not as prominent as with the SARM S-4.

Recomping

Recomping is where ostarine truly shines. The recomping effect of losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time is what the majority of users are looking for. Trying to achieve this when you are not absolutely new to training is extremely difficult.

Where Ostarine shines for recomping is in its nutrient partitioning benefits. Calories are taken from fat stores and calorie intake is fed to the muscle tissue. In fact many users report that Ostarine consumed at maintenance calories produces weight loss, while still getting increases in strength and muscle mass.

One of the most important factors of recomping is time. As you are trying to achieve multiple objectives, it requires a longer time period to notice good recomp effects so even when running steroids, these would have to be longer run injectable compounds as opposed to the short used liver toxic oral steroids.

Although Ostarine is taken orally, it is not methylated and is not toxic to the liver and does not have a negative effect on ones blood pressure. Therefore it can be run for longer than oral steroids.

The dosing protocol of 20-25mg for 6-8 weeks will give excellent recomp effects.

Diet must also be optimized to where calories are just above maintenance with at least 30% coming from lean sources of protein to get the best recomp effect.

Injury Prevention

The effects of ostarine translate to anabolism in bone and skeletal muscle tissue, which means it could be used in the future for a variety of uses, such as osteoporosis and as a concurrent treatment with drugs that reduce bone density. Therefore it has great application as a compound to use for rehabilitation of injuries, in particular bone and tendon related injuries.

Doses of 12.5mg per day is recommend for such purposes and improvement in joint movement that can be seen after just 6-8 days.

Timing of Doses

As Ostarine has a half life of around 24 hours, each of these doses only has to be taken orally once a day, therefore its also offers an extremely convenient supplementation intake.

Ostarine and estrogen concern

SARMS do not aromatize, conferring all their effects to AR binding and not to metabolic conversion to active androgens/estrogens. However blood work from users has shown a slight elevation in serum estradiol levels (which may be one of the factors in its high effectiveness for treating tendon, ligament, and bone injuries or illnesses.

This elevation is extremely small and is no case for concern. If however you are absolutely concerned about slight increases in Estrogen, you can always opt for low doses AI?s, like aromasin or arimidex for added protection and prevention.

Advantages of Ostarine when compared to steroids

It is non methylated so it is non toxic to the liver or blood pressure

Some suppression may be present at doses of 25mg+ run for longer than 4 weeks, however a stringent PCT of prescription SERMs like Nolvadex or Clomid is not necessary.

High oral bioavailability without significant damage to your liver as with oral steroids.

Great sense of well being while on, (without the aggression which can often detrimentally impact users daily lives).

No need for a long time period off between cycles; the recommended time of period for normal steroid cycles would be Time on + PCT, so for a typical 6 week cycle and 4 week PCT, a user would have to wait another 10 weeks after PCT to start another cycle where SARMS recovery requires minimal rest in between.

Ostarine also resulted in a dose-dependent decrease in LDL and HDL cholesterol levels, with the average LDL/HDL ratio for all doses remaining in the low cardiovascular risk category ? hence there is little impact on cholesterol values.

Advantages Of Ostarine when compared to other SARMS

The metabolite M1 which seems to cause toxicity in S4 (temporary occular disturbances) is not present in Ostarine.

Also unlike S4, Ostarine does not have androgenic properties in non muscle tissue.

Ostarine Summary

Anabolic even at doses as low as 3mg

Great for strength

Great for lean mass gains

Great for body recomposition

Great for endurance (aerobic or anaerobic)

Joint healing abilities

Half life of circa 24 hours ? only once a day dosing required

Another piece if GOLD right there !! Thank you, going to add some in to my stash momentarily !

Sounds like a very promising product for sure!

I'm going to try mk-2866 in my pct

That is a very wise decision and you will find that you have a MUCH smoother pct and you will feel so much better throughout... You will also find your gains to be far more keepable...

I shall be trying some SARMS1 Ostarine very soon. Stay tuned for my log.

Stay tunes for my Log with MK2866 we will see how well it does for a contest prep and how dramatic it can actually be. If i dont win 24k :) its all your fault now jk. Thank you for this chance to run a log for you guys,.

Same here , will be logging GW-1516 and ostarine . Prepping for WABBA worlds in june....stay tuned !

IML Gear Cream!
I'm going to try mk-2866 in my pct

Why would you use something that is suppressive during pct? Ostarine will suppress you and isn't supposed to be used during pct. There's several studies proving this.

Why would you use something that is suppressive during pct? Ostarine will suppress you and isn't supposed to be used during pct. There's several studies proving this.

Post the article I'm sure some people would like to read it including me. I was thinking about using in my pct also. But not sure if it would be counter productive of bringing me back to a mere mortal (which I'm disliking more and more... Who wants to be mortal)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

read an article stating if you use a serm like nolva or clomid in your pct with mk2866 you will have no problem with suppression. states you should front load and taper off within your pct

SARMs101.com | SARMs in PCT

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I read that if you keep it under 4 weeks (25mgs daily), you should be fine. If you go over 4 weeks it will suppress you. I will look for the article and post it once I find it.

Stay tunes for my Log with MK2866 we will see how well it does for a contest prep and how dramatic it can actually be. If i dont win 24k :) its all your fault now jk. Thank you for this chance to run a log for you guys,.

Jay please post a link on here when you log it. Seems very promising.

Also if I'm not mistaken ostarine was suppose to help "keep" gains while on pct and a good use a bridge. Maybe I'm mistaken but I believe heavy wrote something along those lines. Don't quote me though, I will try to find it.

Suppression from ostarine does not start to set in until past the 4 week mark... I have ran ostarine in pct FOR YEARS and have never had one issue with recovery... Not in any way shape or form... As long as you are running a proper pct and running THE PROPER dose of ostarine then suppression is NO ISSUE... It is excellent in pct and is becoming widely used and basically a staple by many... I WOULD NEVER recommend anything that would hinder a proper recovery... I am the FIRMEST believer that PCT is the most important part of any cycle... Without a proper recovery, there are no gains, there is no progress and it would only do harm to an individual to not recover... Ostarine enhances pct to the max in terms of keepability of gains and general overall feeling... A lot of guys struggle in pct with not being on and losing strength and size but ostarine prevents these from becoming an issue... It prevents muscle wastage as well as provides healing qualities that are very necessary, especially in pct... It is an excellent addition to any and all pct's and can also be utilized on cycle or as a bridge in between cycles as well... Suppression is minor at best even after exceeding 4 weeks of usage... One thing to remember is to not exceed 25 mg a day... That is the sweet spot and that is also the area that you do not want to exceed...

Suppression from ostarine does not start to set in until past the 4 week mark... I have ran ostarine in pct FOR YEARS and have never had one issue with recovery... Not in any way shape or form... As long as you are running a proper pct and running THE PROPER dose of ostarine then suppression is NO ISSUE... It is excellent in pct and is becoming widely used and basically a staple by many... I WOULD NEVER recommend anything that would hinder a proper recovery... I am the FIRMEST believer that PCT is the most important part of any cycle... Without a proper recovery, there are no gains, there is no progress and it would only do harm to an individual to not recover... Ostarine enhances pct to the max in terms of keepability of gains and general overall feeling... A lot of guys struggle in pct with not being on and losing strength and size but ostarine prevents these from becoming an issue... It prevents muscle wastage as well as provides healing qualities that are very necessary, especially in pct... It is an excellent addition to any and all pct's and can also be utilized on cycle or as a bridge in between cycles as well... Suppression is minor at best even after exceeding 4 weeks of usage... One thing to remember is to not exceed 25 mg a day... That is the sweet spot and that is also the area that you do not want to exceed...

Great info here.. Obviously using ostarine is PCT means you arent leaving any gains on the table. Good stuff bro. You seem to be very well versed woth sarms.

This is something I have been studying more and more. Sarms seem to have a very bright future in our sport.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wow, ostarine is so diverse. You can incorporate it anywhere it seems.. I've ran it with my last few pct's and into a bridge with more sarms and bloodwork always came back great. I have to think that a lot of fellas that say ostarine suppressed them possibly went into a cycle already suppressed. Not that it doesn't effect all of us differently...

I didn't read all the replies but her is a nagging question. Can it be used by the ladies and if so at what dose. sounds wonderful for recomp for them. Also what is the max runtime could you be "on' all year like hrt?

IML Gear Cream!
I hear the use of the word bridge . What do you guys mean by that

Using Sarms as bridge to connect two larger cycles.

Cycle A + PCT/ then Sarms then / Cycle B + PCT

I didn't read all the replies but her is a nagging question. Can it be used by the ladies and if so at what dose. sounds wonderful for recomp for them. Also what is the max runtime could you be "on' all year like hrt?

Women absolutely can run ostarine and many do... They normally stack it with gw-501516... Women need to stay at 12.5 mg day of ostarine as a max dose as opposed to men who max out at 25... Ostarine can be ran 12 weeks max and then at least 4 weeks needs to be taken off before continuing usage although i would recommend more along the lines of 8 weeks off... Recovery is very quick and is nothing like a steroid cycle recovery...

a bridge is what you run in between cycles... SARMS are the perfect bridge because they are not steroids, and can be cycled in between steroid cycles to not only maintain gains but add to them and really clean them up... you basically feel like your always "on" even though you are not...

Ok thanks for the info. Why does it need to be run with the other product? What are the expected results from one or both. What potential sides are there for girls. And lastly and this is for men and women what happens if you exceed recomended dosages?

Ok thanks for the info. Why does it need to be run with the other product? What are the expected results from one or both. What potential sides are there for girls. And lastly and this is for men and women what happens if you exceed recomended dosages?

Well bro, when you exceed the highest recommend dose of something it generally starts to cause side effects... Although gyno is extremely rare with ostarine, some have had issues when they exceed 25 mg... More suppression will occur... Diminished gains... There is nothing good nor smart about exceeding 25 mg day...

Sarms are just more effective when stacked with one another because they all complement each other so well... Here is an article I wrote on the most popular stack, the triple stack protocol...

Today I will explain to you all how to properly run a SARMS triple stack. You will often see me recommending this stack to many as the optimal bridge to run in between your cycles. This stack is efficient in many particular instances and circumstances aside from being ran as a bridge, especially when it comes to fat loss, lean muscle gain and novice users. The stack can also be used in the midst of a person cruising or on full out TRT or HRT. The beauty of this stack and SARMS in general is their versatility in how they can be used to accommodate different wants and goals. I am a strong proponent with the use of the triple stack because it allows a user to add quality and clean amounts of lean muscle while still being to able to drop body fat. This will be dictated by a user having a strict diet and training regiment but this stack enhances the probability of such results occurring. The protocol for SARMS is very dose and time specific and needs to be ran accordingly. SARMS, like any other product, need to be ran properly and responsibly and not abused in any fashion. Exceeding certain dosages and lengths can result in negative side effects, diminished results and future problems. If ran properly and accordingly, they can provide excellent results and an overall wonderful feel of well being. There are many users that often report feeling just as good, if not better, on SARMS use as they do when on cycle. This stack will provide users with an increase in strength, lean muscle and endurance. The cycle needs to be run with the proper ancillaries and mini pct to ensure maximum results and full recovery. Often times, I recommend the use of albuterol with this cycle, dependent upon the goal. I will explain how to dose and incorporate this as well. THE TRIPLE STACK SETUP This is the typical layout that I recommend for many triple stack users. 1-8 osta 25 mg day dosed once a day in the a.m. 1-8 s4 50 mg day? split doses? 25 mg in the a.m. and 25 mg in the p.m. 1-8 gw 10-20 mg day? split doses 12 hours apart 1-8 hcgenerate OPTIONAL: 3-8 albuterol 12-18 mg day mini pct 9-12 unleashed/post cycle combo
It also should be known that anyone who has gyno sensitivity or had problems in the past, that the use of an aromatase inhibitor should be utilized. The chances of this issue are not high, but it has been reported as a possible side effect with ostarine use. I would recommend a lighter AI protocol than normal to start than would normally be used. If one is using aromasin or arimidex, I would recommend starting the dosage at every three days as opposed to general every other day use. If you find that you need more, then it would be fine to switch it every other day use and adjust it as needed.

Ostarine (MK-2866): Ostarine can be ran safely and effectively between 8-12 weeks. One SHOULD NOT exceed 25 mg day of ostarine use. Exceeding 25 mg can lead to significant negative effects. This is when the reports of suppression and gyno seem to occur. These are possible problems at a lower dose as well but many of the problems occur when doses are abused. Ostarine is only needed to be taken once a day, in the morning. It has a long half life, thus making split dosages unnecessary. Ostarine will provide a nice increase in strength and lean mass gain. It will also provide healing benefits that will be of high benefit for many users. The dosing is very simple and if followed correctly, side effects should be minimal to none. Ostarine is very clean in terms of gains and provides a multitude of benefits.

S4 (Andarine):
S4 is often known as the strongest SARM but comes with the most side effect problems. S4 use should never exceed 8 weeks of use. The most common side effect associated with S4 is the vision issues that it can cause. S4 can bind to the receptors in the eyes, causing a yellow tint to be seen by users. It can cause a user to have a very hard time adjusting from lightness to darkness and can have a very negative effect on night vision. It is impossible to say how bad these effects can be, when they can occur and at what dosage because it is distinctively different from user to user. I have developed a method on how to properly dose S4 for you all which I am including in this article. The dosing protocol is VERY delicate and needs to be taken seriously. The half life of S4 is only 4-6 hours so the doses are split in two each day. Since the half life is so short, many users that develop the visions side effects will run S4 for 5 days and then take 2 days off to help combat the problem. This is a method that helps to complete a cycle of S4 but it is nice to avoid this as much as possible to get the most out of S4. Another side effect that comes with S4 is that it is the most suppressive when it comes to SARMS. The suppression is nowhere near that of a regular anabolic cycle but it is still apparent and needs to be known. S4 will provide an effect that would be comparable to winstrol in the AAS world in terms of muscle hardening and a more aesthetic look. It will provide strength and very lean muscle as well. The gains and effects are very noticeable with S4, especially for users that are already very lean. S4 needs to be taken very seriously and dosed delicately to be ran safely and effectively. Below is my method of how to properly dose S4.

HOW TO PROPERLY DOSE S4
THE DYLAN GEMELLI METHOD Okay everyone? I wanted to write this up to make sure that everyone knows how to properly dose S4? As most of you know, the common side effect associated with S4 is the night vision issue. This results in one of two or both of these issues: A yellow tint associated with vision at night and/or a hard time adjusting to darkness or light? Normally the adjustment period is very quick but can effect some much worse than others. Basically, s4 can bind to the receptor in the eye causing these problems. UNDERSTAND that it is IMPOSSIBLE to know if this will happen to you and at what dosage this may happen? 50 mg is the general starting spot for dosing. Some people get the vision issue immediately even at this moderate dose. Some are able to get up to 100 mg a day with very minimal problems? There is no way to tell what category you fall into until you try? The vision issue is not permanent and the half life on s4 is very short (around 4-6 hours) Some people are forced to go to dosing s4 for 5 days and then taking 2 off because they cannot handle the vision issue? I try to do everything I possibly can to avoid this because I do not want to miss any days of usage? So, it is important to understand how to dose s4 properly. Some people are content at staying at 50 mg for an entire 8 week cycle. Others, want to increase the dosage but there is a very specific protocol to follow to ensure that vision issues are kept to a minimum? I compare this protocol to fighting Mike Tyson on Mike Tyson?s punchout. If anyone has ever played the game they will appreciate this comparison. When you fight Mike Tyson, the first 1:20 seconds of round 1, if you are hit just one time you are knocked down? This is the danger zone? Once you get past that first 1:20 you are much safer but you still must proceed with caution because the fcker is still dangerous? This is the same with S4? You must go 2 weeks at 50 mg? If you get through the 2 weeks with minimal to no vision issues then you past the danger zone? You are safe then to increase your dosage but must proceed with caution? After two weeks you can bump to 60 mg? Now you are testing the waters? You must now stay on 60 mg between 10-14 days? I would say 12 is the safest bet? Then it is okay to increase again to 70 mg if you are able to? I feel like between 70 and 80 mg is the sweet spot however there is benefit up to 100 mg? You should continue to follow protocol of 10-14 days on each 10 mg incremental increase? By following this protocol, you could get up to 100 mg for at least the last week? You should NEVER GO ANY HIGHER THAN 100 mg? As I mentioned, the sweet spot is between 70-80 mg? Every increase needs to be with extreme caution and if the vision issues begin, you know where your boundary is? Some of us are luckier than others in terms of receptor binding? DO NOT BE IN A RUSH to increase dosage? Following this protocol will be the safest and MOST EFFECTIVE way of dosing s4.

GW-501516:
Technically, GW is not a SARM but is more ?in the class? of SARMS. It is often utilized in conjunction with SARMS and is more in line with this grouping of chemicals. It is a key component to the triple stack. GW can safely and effectively be ran 8-12 weeks. The optimal dosage of GW is 10-20 mg day. The higher the dose, the more pronounced effects of endurance and fat loss will occur. GW provides users with an extreme increase in endurance and can have a pronounced effect in fat loss. The beauty of GW is that it is not catabolic, so if macros are taken in properly, it can still add muscle, while helping lose fat. GW is extremely effective and is used by many endurance athletes. The effects that it provides are very profound and noticeable very quickly. The half life of GW is longer but I always recommend a split dosage with 12 hours in between each dose. The side effects with GW are highly debatable. There are studies out that show it has led to cancer in rats while other studies so a completely adverse effect. It is very hard to determine the accuracies in these studies. Other than this, there are no seen side effects with it. Of course, you do not want to abuse dosage and length of usage and you should stay in the range that was provided above on amount and length. GW is a favorite amongst many and provides many benefits to users.

SUPPORTS AND MINI PCT:
I always recommend that a user take HcGenerate on every SARMS cycle. SARMS can cause suppression, especially with extended usage, thus it is imperative to keep suppression to a minimum. HcGenerate will not only keep suppression low but it will also keep the libido high and test levels higher throughout. It will make the transition into pct and recovery much easier as well. This is the main support that I recommend using with the stack. A 3 week mini PCT is required with SARMS cycles. It is never a bad idea to run it 4 weeks instead but it is not necessary. A SERM is not required in this PCT but it can be used if a user wants. I would not recommend depending a SERM only PCT if one decides to use it. My recommendation is the Unleashed/Post cycle combo for the mini PCT. Another nice recovery option would be Phytoserms ran as a stand alone. Either one of these will work as a mini PCT and lead to a quick and effective recovery. The use of albuterol in this stack is OPTIONAL and is normally recommended to users who want to lose extra fat or want an extra boost in endurance. FINAL THOUGHTS: I hope that this article has explained how to not only properly run a successful SARMS stack but also given you an outlook on the possible results. It is my intention to fully educate you on the positives and negatives of the stack and how to safely and effectively run it. I am always here to help in any way so feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have. Please always be safe and ask questions if you do not understand what you are doing. Work hard, stay motivated and continue to go after your goals!

Ok cool. Just asking because you know us guys are always thinking more is better so if its not then that needs to be clear so sarms dont get a bad name and people dont get hurt or have a bad experience

Ok cool. Just asking because you know us guys are always thinking more is better so if its not then that needs to be clear so sarms dont get a bad name and people dont get hurt or have a bad experience

More is always better is one of the worst misconceptions that is out there... There is a limit to everything... I give the best doses in recommendations I provide that will give MAXIMUM gains in the SAFEST way... You can always count on that... While I like to push things myself, I still do it in the safest manner because without your health, there is no gains, there are no cycles and there are no goals achieved... Staying on the right path will provide MAXIMUM results...

Back