• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Am I gay for liking this?

I was gonna say "no", then I clicked on the video and a comment said:

"Thumbs up if you liked this song before you saw Glee"

Absolutely, 100% Gay.

oh maaaaan, do I have to tell my wife that I am?

It's my current fave; for what it's worth, I'm not gay but whatever.

This version is better:
YouTube Video

There are so many things I like about this piece it's hard to just pick out one thing.

For one, the music itself is gorgeous - I mean, really, dual harps.

And then we have the visuals - blue oompa lumpa girls, tribal influences from England and abroad - set amidst a Heavenly white backdrop it's like an elegant, exotic feast served on fine white porcelain.

The lead sing - Florence Welsh, the "Florence" of the group, is still really young (DOB 28 Aug 1986) to have come up with such a richly detailed piece, so I went digging. Wikipedia has a nice writeup on Welch. Her mom's a Professor of Renaissance Studies and her dad's an advertising exec, which to me explained a lot about Welsh's use of symbols.

The subject of Dog Days very difficult to prepare without coming off as smarmy: joy. Welsh gets around this by speaking of it as the transition from its opposite - "the dog days are over". In contrast to bad times, happiness is indeed startling, like a bullet to the head, like a train on a track. Mistrustful, the protagonist tries to shake it off but finds herself transfixed. Happiness simply takes her.

Brilliant work.

It's my current fave; for what it's worth, I'm not gay but whatever.

This version is better:
YouTube Video

There are so many things I like about this piece it's hard to just pick out one thing.

For one, the music itself is gorgeous - I mean, really, dual harps.

And then we have the visuals - blue oompa lumpa girls, tribal influences from England and abroad - set amidst a Heavenly white backdrop it's like an elegant, exotic feast served on fine white porcelain.

The lead sing - Florence Welsh, the "Florence" of the group, is still really young (DOB 28 Aug 1986) to have come up with such a richly detailed piece, so I went digging. Wikipedia has a nice writeup on Welch. Her mom's a Professor of Renaissance Studies and her dad's an advertising exec, which to me explained a lot about Welsh's use of symbols.

The subject of Dog Days very difficult to prepare without coming off as smarmy: joy. Welsh gets around this by speaking of it as the transition from its opposite - "the dog days are over". In contrast to bad times, happiness is indeed startling, like a bullet to the head, like a train on a track. Mistrustful, the protagonist tries to shake it off but finds herself transfixed. Happiness simply takes her.

Brilliant work.

Yea I like this version too.

The great thing about it to me is that she manages to slaughter the charts with a song that is so far from "pop" culture as it possibly could be. And like you said, the subject of "the dog days" is brilliant and so very relevant, even though most people that like it probably don't get the subliminal message of the song.

Happiness, hit her like a train on a track
Coming towards her, stuck still no turning back
She hid around corners and she hid under beds
She killed it with kisses and from it she fled
With every bubble she sank with a drink
And washed it away down the kitchen sink

The dog days are over
The dog days are done
The horses are coming
So you better run

Run fast for your mother run fast for your father
Run for your children for your sisters and brothers
Leave all your love and your longing behind you
Can't carry it with you if you want to survive

The dog days are over
The dog days are done
Can you hear the horses
'Cause here they come
[ Lyrics from: Florence And The Machine - Dog Days Are Over Lyrics ]
And I never wanted anything from you
Except everything you had
And what was left after that too. oh.

Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back
Struck from a great height
By someone who should know better than that

The dog days are over
The dog days are gone
Can you hear the horses
'Cause here they come

Run fast for your mother and fast for your father
Run for your children for your sisters and brothers
Leave all your love and your longing behind you
Can't carry it with you if you want to survive

The dog days are over
The dog days are gone
Can you hear the horses
Because here they come

The dog days are over
The dog days are gone
Can you hear the horses
Because here they come

To me she is not only describing a situation but also a transition. In our reality though the situation is evident but the transition has yet to come and might not.

"Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back
Struck from a great height
By someone who should know better than that"

If us Americans don't get this message, there is no hope.

IML Gear Cream!
"I never wanted anything from you except everything you had"

to me, this song embodies the contradiction that today's world's situation is.

Like killing in the name of faith (yea we do it too), just to dumb it down a little.

One of the most over-played songs I can currently think of. I just can't stand hearing it anymore.

Tell us, besides the music, do you cry when watching a movie, also?

Tell us, besides the music, do you cry when watching a movie, also?

I cried like a little girl when I was playing ball and on the only cycle of gear I ever did. I was watching click with Adam Sandler. The scene where he is old and runs out of the hospital and collapses in the rain.

oh and also when I watched the tent scene in broke back mountain, the passionate love making between those guys just got to me.

That's not gay though, just sensitive.

IML Gear Cream!
One of the most over-played songs I can currently think of. I just can't stand hearing it anymore.

I only listen to CD's or talk radio so I don't have that problem

I only listen to CD's or talk radio so I don't have that problem

I don't listen to music on the radio that often, but still the song finds itself elsewhere.

Yes, no stroking your delicate ego here. Just go with it.

I cried like a little girl when I was playing ball and on the only cycle of gear I ever did. I was watching click with Adam Sandler. The scene where he is old and runs out of the hospital and collapses in the rain.

oh and also when I watched the tent scene in broke back mountain, the passionate love making between those guys just got to me.

No that's gay,

No, if you teared up during brokeback, then you are definitely, certifiably. as ghey as they come. You're gonna have to tell your wife at this point, or someone is at least. If you don't wanna do it, then just post her cell # up here and one of us at IM will be glad to help.

Also, as soon as you post the digits, you might wanna go ahead and book a hotel room for the night rather than go home, cause she'll need to know about the brokeback thing as well.

Back