• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Jumping high...

UFo

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I already said that im baller and i want to jump high, very high. Next month will be a year since i started practising vj. My vertical from standing is 30 inches and from run up 35 inches, Right now im doing vertical jump bible, next week im starting last phase

Workout A:
Squat 4x4
??¼ squat 2x4
Leg curl 4x5
Calf raise 4x15

Workout B:
Deadlift from blocks 4x4
Regular Deadlift 2x4
Dumbell lunge 3x8
1-leg calf raise 3x20/leg

My question is what after that :rolleyes: , i think, i will got a lot more power in my legs than before, right now can do squat 4 times with 275 pounds, but my upper body is weak i can lift 5 times 99 pounds from bench press, if i get stronger in upper body, will that have effect on vj. i mean will it increase, or i should focus on getting super fast twitch muscles in legs ?

Hope i don't get you confused, because i'm already confused :confused:

If you want to increase your vert I would not waste my time with leg curls, calf raises, or quarter squats.

I would do this instead

A
----
Rack Pull from knee height 3x3
Step up 3x5
Pull ups w/ weight

B
-----
Squat 3x3
Press 3x5
Lunge 3x5

Work on hip flexor flexibility (knee extension) because thats what really will unlock your hips and allow you to jump higher

core strength is huge in vertical leap as well.

If you want to increase your vert I would not waste my time with leg curls, calf raises, or quarter squats.

I would do this instead

A
----
Rack Pull from knee height 3x3
Step up 3x5
Pull ups w/ weight

B
-----
Squat 3x3
Press 3x5
Lunge 3x5

Work on hip flexor flexibility (knee extension) because thats what really will unlock your hips and allow you to jump higher

hmm... i have been doing these exercices but with much more sets and repetitions some thing like this

1 leg Step up 4x8 (per leg)
Squat 3X10
Explosive Squat 2x8
Barbell lunge 3x8 per leg

core strength is huge in vertical leap as well.

i have to agree with this one, is there any recommendations what exercices should i do? i found these exercices
Click

p.s. i want to hear your opinion about isometrics exercices :thinking:

p.s. i want to hear your opinion about isometrics exercices :thinking:

Personally i dont see how an exercise that makes you stay static is going to help with explosive power.

Personally i dont see how an exercise that makes you stay static is going to help with explosive power.

i meant isometrics with the resistance band.... i have watched this video that made me to ask that question..
YouTube Video

@Travis Bell yea I'm doing box jumps, but that doesn't have big effect :wits:

maybe the box is to short for you when you do box jumps or you could try to add a lil bit of weight to it

The equipment doesnt really matter. If youre staying still, how does that increase your ability to perform an explosive movement? They are total opposites.

Do them for funsies and a bit of variety, but i wouldnt make them a regular staple of your vertical jump training.

Id work a lot of uni-lateral work, plyometrics/dynamic effort (speed squats etc), and hypertrophy work, as well as the rest of your body and core.

Like func said, i wouldnt waste time with isolations. Compounds, keep it simple. I agree with what he said about the hips too.

IML Gear Cream!
and i thought that the 40in box that i jumped on was high

haha I've seen one where the guy starts on his knees, jumps to his feet and then jumps to the box. Pretty neat

I already said that im baller and i want to jump high, very high. Next month will be a year since i started practising vj. My vertical from standing is 30 inches and from run up 35 inches, Right now im doing vertical jump bible, next week im starting last phase

Workout A:
Squat 4x4
??¼ squat 2x4
Leg curl 4x5
Calf raise 4x15

Workout B:
Deadlift from blocks 4x4
Regular Deadlift 2x4
Dumbell lunge 3x8
1-leg calf raise 3x20/leg

My question is what after that :rolleyes: , i think, i will got a lot more power in my legs than before, right now can do squat 4 times with 275 pounds, but my upper body is weak i can lift 5 times 99 pounds from bench press, if i get stronger in upper body, will that have effect on vj. i mean will it increase, or i should focus on getting super fast twitch muscles in legs ?

Hope i don't get you confused, because i'm already confused :confused:

google air alert 3. helped me a ton in basketball season when I was in highschool, you won't regret it.

@HialeahChico305

yea i have done it ;)

@travis

ill get higher box, sometimes when I'm outside i jump on stairs 6th staircase , that was about month ago, i think now i can jump much more further and higher.

@Gazhole could you make a list of exercices, like fUnc17 did?
Anyway thanks... ill keep you informed about progress... ;)

Back