• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Better the devil than goob...

goob

Smartass anthropologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well, well, decided to try my hand at another journal. The last one only lasted a month, such is my dedication to the written chronicals of goob.

This time it's push, pull & legs. Split over 3 days a week. But because it's me, I'm going to through in other bits and pieces, probably. Some of these blatantly stolen from the journals of Fufu, Doms and Sean and others.
These 'extras' are going to make it hell:-

'Better the devil than goob'

Feel free to drop in & chuck in any comments, good, bad, indifferent or just plain insulting. Variety being the spice of life.

Supps: Multi - Vit.

19/03

Push:

DB Flat Bench
40 @ 10
65 @ 8
70 @ 8
70 @ 8

CGBP
100 @ 6
100 @ 6
100 @ 6
100 @ 4

Dips
BW x 8 (x4 sets)

Millitary Press
(standing)
90 @ 6
90 @ 6
80 @ 6
Seated
90 @ 6

Lateral Raises
20 @ 5 (Hold for 3 secs at top of list)
20 @ 5
20 @ 5
20 @ 5

Cable Tricep pushdowns
60 @ 5
60 @ 5
60 @ 5

Oblique bends
50 (lbs) x 60

Workout about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Did not have the energy, and still injured so went lighter than I could have done. Fine, I'll count it as my 'rep' day. Damn It!
Not starting the 'extras' until over injury.

Last edited:
Well looky who we got here, goob decided to start a journal!

Workout looks good. You have a solid strength base going on.

Well looky who we got here, goob decided to start a journal!

Workout looks good. You have a solid strength base going on.

Thanks fufu. I figured after whoring up others journals like yours, that I better give others a chance.

Still, A long way to go.......

The whores will be on their way...

Pull - ups
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8

Deadlifts
100 @ 8
160 @ 5
170 @ 5
170 @ 4

Pull overs
60 @ 8
90 @ 7
90 @ 6
90 @ 6

T - Bar Rows
120 @ 8
120 @ 8
130 @ 8 (Cheat PR - 1st time doing these, so guess it counts:shrug: )

Bent over rows
90 @ 8
100 @ 6
100 @ 6

Barbell Shrugs
150 x 12
150 x 4 (Grip failed, bar dropped. Fuck it. Moving on...)

Preachers
50 @ 6
50 @ 6

Seated Rows
100 @ 5
120 @ 5
130 @ 5

Not too shabby. Felt like I did'nt have the energy at the start, and it would be a crap workout, but once I got going, it went alright. First time trying Barbell shrugs and T-Bar Rows. Pissed that my grip failed on such a fucking light weight on the shrugs.
Came out of gym to face a 40 minute walk home. And then it started raining. Damn You, Damn YOU!

Damn, 40 minute walk to and back from the gym? Do you have to do that all the time.

Good job on the workout + PR's. Maybe you should implement some grip work?

Damn, 40 minute walk to and back from the gym? Do you have to do that all the time.

Good job on the workout + PR's. Maybe you should implement some grip work?

TY !

Most of the time. Sucks, but i'm used to it. Saves doing cardio that I can't do just now anyway, cos of fucked leg.

Don't even know where to start on grip work??? I'll have to look into that.
It was worse because I could of added a lot more weight if I could hold it!:cry: YAAAAARRRRRR!

Static holds with dumb bells is a great way to start. Simple and it works. Just grab onto a a heavy pair of dumb bells(heavy enough so you can hold for about 45 seconds with one set to failure. Then try to do two sets for 30 seconds each. Work your way up!

IML Gear Cream!
Static holds with dumb bells is a great way to start. Simple and it works. Just grab onto a a heavy pair of dumb bells(heavy enough so you can hold for about 45 seconds with one set to failure. Then try to do two sets for 30 seconds each. Work your way up!

Excellent! That'll be the last set each day. Thanks Fu.

On a completly different note, I'm going to start incorporating a 'song of the week' into this journal. 'goob beats'. Going to have a hunt.....

lawl, that is funny, I was just going to search for a song to post in here.

Yo goob, you play/write music right?

What instruments do you have?

Yo goob, you play/write music right?

What instruments do you have?

Bass, Guitar- Electric & Accoustic, Piano, Synthesizer.

A few, I guess. Bass is just a cheap job, I'm a guitarist by nature, so can play bass, but not at the same level. Some slap bass, but not very well, left hand finger- work is pretty good.

TY !

Most of the time. Sucks, but i'm used to it. Saves doing cardio that I can't do just now anyway, cos of fucked leg.

Don't even know where to start on grip work??? I'll have to look into that.
It was worse because I could of added a lot more weight if I could hold it!:cry: YAAAAARRRRRR!

Yikes, grip failing on 150lbs isnt good.

fufu's static hold idea is a good start. It can be done with barbells too...which is what you failed on right?

I see you can do BW pullups...then you can try towel pull ups.

Gorilla Hangs. 2 arms or 1 arm.

Pinch Grips. Basically pick up a plate and hold it with your fingers (if theres a handle, dont use it. Use the "lip" of the plate) When you get better, take away some fingers.

Farmers Walks. basically the same as fufu's suggestion.

Id do grip work on a day off or at the end of a workout. Never before one, unless youre going to use straps. Even still, Id say no.

Yikes, grip failing on 150lbs isnt good.

fufu's static hold idea is a good start. It can be done with barbells too...which is what you failed on right?

I see you can do BW pullups...then you can try towel pull ups.

Gorilla Hangs. 2 arms or 1 arm.

Pinch Grips. Basically pick up a plate and hold it with your fingers (if theres a handle, dont use it. Use the "lip" of the plate) When you get better, take away some fingers.

Farmers Walks. basically the same as fufu's suggestion.

Id do grip work on a day off or at the end of a workout. Never before one, unless youre going to use straps. Even still, Id say no.

Hey Akira, thanks for the ideas.

I think a lot of it was down to my hands slipping off the bar, some of it that, and some of it grip strength.
Going to incorporate Static holds and Farmers walks etc.. to improve grip anyway. Even if it did happen to be slippy hands , it can't hurt, right?
May get some gloves too.

Gorilla hangs...good idea.

Are these the towel pull ups, you speak about?

i.e, hanging a towel over the top of the pull up station, grabbing the ends and pulling up on them?

Yeah those are they.

The boy looks like hes using 2 towels for each arm. I use one and I have to pull up perpendicular from the pull up bar. Its no biggie.

So youre thinking it may also be due to sweaty hands?

Yeah those are they.

The boy looks like hes using 2 towels for each arm. I use one and I have to pull up perpendicular from the pull up bar. Its no biggie.

So youre thinking it may also be due to sweaty hands?

Reckon some of it was down to that. I was deadlifting 170 before that, and did not come close to dropping the bar once.
But I think grip work seems like a good idea, it won't do any harm anyway.

Might give those towel pull ups a go.:thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Another note: Damn Hips feel fucked this morning. Like I've pinched nerves in them. Can only summice that this was from the deadlifts. I've just started doing them in sumo style, still finding form, and this must be the problem. Not good, pain shoots down my legs at times. Ah well, live and learn.

How often do you stretch?

Just before workouts, although not a very thorough stretch in the slightest. Just enough to ease 'dem bones', then its straight in.
I always figured that doing a few light reps first would warm me up fine.

I've had bad pain in my right glute/hip for about 5 weeks I think. Several months before that I had pain as well, but not as bad. I started static/dynamic stretching and foam rolling a few days ago about an hour each session, pain has been greatly decreased.

Intresting. I'll have to search into dynamic stretching. I'm sure Cowpimp's got a sticky on it, but me being me, has never read it.

I've heard folks speak about foam rollers, but I have'nt a scooby what it is.

Is it sharp pain that comes and goes, ok when walking and sitting in some positions, but sharp pains that shoot down your glutes and thighs when you move in certain ways? Certainly not DOMS, or at least the wierdest DOMS, i've had.

Hi goob. Just wishing you well on the journal. I also stretch everyday and before I lift. Also, I spend a lot more time doing my dynamic warmup because when I don't it always seems like I end up pulling something. Loose as Andrew- that's my new motto. :laugh:

Here is someone using a foam roller. The round ones come in short and long sizes, different densities, some also have covers on them. The best ones are a pvc type and have foam wrapped around them- which means they won't bend out of shape. I have a basic 36" white one- it's my second one. Next time I will pay the money and purchase the PVC type.

Foam_Roller_7b.jpg

:laugh:

Thanks Bakerboy :thumb: , I've never been the most flexible of people, although, I've usually got round this with my ability to take a lot of punishment and idiotically dogged determination to carry on even with injury. :headbang:

It sounds like this wierd hip pain could have been avoided with some decent stretching. Going to look into foam rollers too.

"Loose as Andrew" :rofl:

Foam rollers are the shit!!!! I enjoy them in a sick and twisted way.

Back