• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Increase Lean Body Mass

xfile384

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been reading a lot of different articles lately about increasing LBM. Everything i have read, says nothing about a calorie surplus. The only thing it talks about is weight lifting and using compound movements...(Also, eating 1g of protein per LBM) So, if you can increase LBM slowly by just weight training, what is the point of bulking? Or, do you have to be in a surplus to gain LBM?

The way it sounds, you can build LBM without gaining much fat, but the process is obviously slower. The more fat you add to your body, the more muscle you add, because of the extra fat your body has to carry around, which in turn makes you gain LBM...

With all this said, is a surplus necessary, or were these articles just not mentioning that you need to eat more and be in a surplus?

If there's a way to increase lean muscle mass at maintenance level calories I'd certainly like to hear about it.

KY

I've been reading a lot of different articles lately about increasing LBM. Everything i have read, says nothing about a calorie surplus. The only thing it talks about is weight lifting and using compound movements...(Also, eating 1g of protein per LBM) So, if you can increase LBM slowly by just weight training, what is the point of bulking? Or, do you have to be in a surplus to gain LBM?

The way it sounds, you can build LBM without gaining much fat, but the process is obviously slower. The more fat you add to your body, the more muscle you add, because of the extra fat your body has to carry around, which in turn makes you gain LBM...

With all this said, is a surplus necessary, or were these articles just not mentioning that you need to eat more and be in a surplus?

You must have been reading bad articles. You need a calorie surplus, in order to provide an energy surplus. This is then used to synthesize new muscle tissue (along with other roles). Bottom line, no surplus, no gain.

This may be a stupid question, and it certainly makes sense that you need a calorie surplus to build LBM.
My question is around the burning of fat. If you are in a caloric deficit, your bdy will be burning fat, Is that not suitible to use as fuel for building muscle? or must it be in the form of food calories eaten.

Dave

This may be a stupid question, and it certainly makes sense that you need a calorie surplus to build LBM.
My question is around the burning of fat. If you are in a caloric deficit, your bdy will be burning fat, Is that not suitible to use as fuel for building muscle? or must it be in the form of food calories eaten.

Dave

Your body has to make up for the caloric deficit in your diet. A good lifting program will help ensure that as much of this deficit as possible is filled with energy from fat and not muscle.

Your body only makes up this deficit because it has to, in order to have enough energy carry out all it processes, it would prefer to keep as much fat as possible.

What you speak of above we can only dream of.:daydream:

I think they were bad articles as well, which is why i posted on this forum. A lot of people here know a lot.

Here is another quick question.

If i'm doing flat dumbbell bench press and i can get about 12 reps with really good form on my first set, should i increase the weight for my next set by maybe 5lbs per dumbbell and continue the good form? Or, should i use dumbbells that i struggle to put up? Because if i go to high, i notice my form alters and i shake a bit, but i do feel more of a burn in my chest...

I think they were bad articles as well, which is why i posted on this forum. A lot of people here know a lot.

Here is another quick question.

If i'm doing flat dumbbell bench press and i can get about 12 reps with really good form on my first set, should i increase the weight for my next set by maybe 5lbs per dumbbell and continue the good form? Or, should i use dumbbells that i struggle to put up? Because if i go to high, i notice my form alters and i shake a bit, but i do feel more of a burn in my chest...

Form is King. Period.

Dont let it slip in an effort to lift a heavier weight.

Form is King. Period.

Dont let it slip in an effort to lift a heavier weight.

Agreed form is important, but its always good to challange yourself with heavier weights. I'll say if he can pull at least 3-4 reps with good form that is good start.

Back