• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is there anything Im missing?

FishOrCutBait

lifts weights
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So here's something ive never done.

I just want to get my routine written down, and if anybody has any criticisms Id love to hear them.

In fact, please if you have something to say go for it.

Id been out of lifting for a while, and over the last 4 or 5 months Ive gotten serious again, and Im starting school soon, so I had to put together a program that is somewhat condensed time wise

Rest intervals are typically two minutes, excluding larger muscle groups and the biggest of compounds are 3 minutes (Squat, dead, db/bb rows and bench) and leg extensions and ham curls are 2.5

Rep cadence is 3 concentric, and no count for the eccentric, with no pause at full extension, and a momentary pause at full contraction.

Shooting for 8 reps for the most part, im a bit higher reps on trap calf (10-12) and delt work (8-10)

after Ive finished working a muscle group, i spend about twenty seconds stretching the individual muscle before moving on to the next excercise.

Monday: Quad dominant leg work

Here's where I need some help. I think I need another quad dominant excercise, and Im not a fan of front squats or lunges, Im considering doing weighted step-ups, because I like the idea of single leg work

Squats: 4 sets
x
quad extensions: (currently)3 sets
Seated calf presses: 4 sets
Dumbell shrugs: 3 sets
Weighted decline crunches: 3 sets

Tuesdays: Back, tricep and delts
Dumbell/Barbell rows (alternating weekly): 4 sets
Wide grip lat pulls: 4 sets
low cable rows (2 min ri): 2 sets
Dips: 4 sets
Skullcrushers/modified french press: 2 sets
lateral raises: 3 sets

Wednesdays: 30 mins or so of elliptical

Thursdays: Posterior chain dominant legs
Deadlifts: 4 sets
Dumbell straight leg deadlifts: 3 sets
Hamstring curls: 3 sets
Leg press calf presses: 4 sets
Rear (behind the back) shrugs: 3 sets
Weighted decline crunches: 3 sets

Fridays: Chest, bicep, delts
Bench: 4 sets
Dumbell bench: 2-3 sets
Neutral grip pullups: 4 sets
Ez curls: 2 sets
Lateral raises: 3 sets

So yeah. If theres anything you feel im missing, feel free to chime in, please

I know you hate front squats.... but you should really do front squats.

I know you hate front squats.... but you should really do front squats.

:(
The form of them hurts the piss out of my shoulders, but im pretty damn sure Im not doing them right.

To be honest.....no, lol.

I JUST figured out how to do them and I really don't know what I changed. I would send a PM to built, she front squats a lot.
She would help you out for sure.

sixteen responses to the ten thousandth how do I get abs thread and nothin.

thank you for the pointer though man, I was kinda fearing this is how it would end, haha. I remember a thread a while back specifically about front squat form, im gonna dig it up.

I guess I just don't understand how you get some exercises with 3 sets, some with 2 and some with 4. Why are you mixing that up so much and what are the corresponding rep ranges?

I don't see a need to do deadlifts AND straight leg deadlifts in the same workout.

Why do you repeat so many movements? Barbell row and dumbell row; bench press and dumbell bench press? Just work hard on one and then move onto the next movement. No need to keep beating a dead horse.

patrick

I guess I just don't understand how you get some exercises with 3 sets, some with 2 and some with 4. Why are you mixing that up so much and what are the corresponding rep ranges?

I don't see a need to do deadlifts AND straight leg deadlifts in the same workout.

Why do you repeat so many movements? Barbell row and dumbell row; bench press and dumbell bench press? Just work hard on one and then move onto the next movement. No need to keep beating a dead horse.

patrick

Thats what I like to see, thank you.

I just dont figure I need 3 or more sets of curls after Ive done a pullup for biceps, etc, know what I mean? I figure Im stimulating the muscle differently with that other excercise, but maybe that I dont need it for another FOUR sets vs two or etc. Its mostly for time, and realizing I dont have that much energy in that muscle group to need to work it any more

For the row example, Im alternating them weekly.

And I feel slds more in my glutes than I do with normal deads.

For the chest presses, should I follow up the bench with a chest fly/different movement instead? And just switch out the dumbells and barbells weekly?

Also, I found that front squat video. Ill be doing these next week

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/training/93236-alternative-traditional-front-squats.html

I generally don't do fly movements, but I would perform a different plane. Like bench press and then DB incline press or DB overhead press, or something like that....or even a push up variation (a closed kinetic chain shoulder movement). Just something that isn't the same I guess.

I generally don't do fly movements, but I would perform a different plane. Like bench press and then DB incline press or DB overhead press, or something like that....or even a push up variation (a closed kinetic chain shoulder movement). Just something that isn't the same I guess.
Sounds good, ill do incline dbs, Ive liked those for a while.

By the way, if my reasoning is wrong for any of the other stuff Ive said please let me know. If my time would be better spent doing other things, in your opinion, I would love to know.

Thank you again.

IML Gear Cream!
a) I don't think it is bad. It isn't how I would set it up but that doesn't mean shit! Doing things and learning from them is critical to the developmental process. I mean, you can read my journal which is a totally new idea of trying to set up a training program and I say flat out "I don't know if this will work."

b) You still don't have rep ranges there.

c) reasoning is what it is. as long as you have a good reason to do what you are doing, then it isn't my place to deliver a crushing blow and say that it is wrong. different opions are a dime a dozen in this field and as long as you can back up what you are trying to do, then give it a shot!

patrick

oh sorry. i missed that.

oh sorry. i missed that.

No worries dude.

Ive done P/RR/S before and I liked that, but Im cutting right now, and trying to just get some overall strengthening done, rebuild my base and then we'll work on advanced cadences/rep ranges/RI's, so thats why Im sticking to basic stuff.

What are some solid excercises for delts? I feel thats one area Ive always lacked in ever since high school football, where I tore up my shoulders sorta

I am a fan of dumbell shoulder presses mainly. incline bench press too. that is about all i do. i never do raises or anything like that.

patrick

I am a fan of dumbell shoulder presses mainly. incline bench press too. that is about all i do. i never do raises or anything like that.

patrick

Well, Ill be hitting up some db shoulder presses I believe, then.

If you find that front squat thread... You should post it in here. Or PM it to me or something.

Back