• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Healthier Diet, not losing weight

hobojoker

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was wondering if anyone could possibly give me some tips on some weight/fat loss. Currently i'm 16 year old 5'10" and 190 lbs. I have some belly fat, but nobody would ever call me fat. I've started going to the gym and eating right and working at a physical labor job for about 2 months. My job, I chop trees, shovel stone, pull weeds, and do other physically strenuous things (from 6 AM to 12 noon). Then 3 days a week i go to the gym for an hour with my dad with a personal trainer. Pre, going to gym and everything I was not very active at all and I would constantly snack on things and was not very conscious of what i was putting in my body. In the past 2 months I have been eating as little white bread/rice/non whole grain foods as possible. I've stopped drinking all soda (i used to drink about a 2 liter bottle of diet soda per day) and i've cut down my snacking.

The exercises at the gym are not very high weight or anything, i've been doing exercises which consist of low weight but doing 4 sets of 30 reps. As well I've been doing some cardio. I've seen huge improvement in my performance and I think i look much better, i have gone down a pants size, from a 36 to a 34, but i definitely still have some weight/fat to lose. maybe 10-15 lbs. The problem is though, before going to the gym i weighed 183 lbs, now i weight 190?!? Being so much more active and eating healthier should have gotten rid of some weight at least. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything i could do? I don't take any supplements and I really don't like taking any kind of medicine. Any suggestions would really be appreciated though!

Thank you in advance to any helpful replies.

Well the fact that you've gained weight but have a smaller waistline means you've lost some fat and gained a bit of muscle.

First off I wouldn't be doing any sets of 30 reps. 15 rep sets at the absolute most. Don't be scared to pick some heavy shit up.

I've read that by increasing your level of activity (drastically as you have)and cutting cals too low too fast at the same time can REALLY slow that metabolism down.

Final comment....if you look better and like the way you look, who gives a fuck what you weigh? Keep doing the right things and you will only continue to improve overall.

a) post your diet

b) sounds like your trainer is a fuck wad.

Diet:

Breakfast: (yes i have 2 breakfasts... that may not be a great thing)
5 AM - Bowl of Go Lean cereal

8 AM - 2 Eggs over easy

Lunch:
Workout days at about 2 PM- 2 Go Lean bars

Other days at around 12:30 PM- Ham and cheese sandwich (on rye bread)

Dinner:
Usually some kind of meat. My dad loves to cook and makes fish, hamburgers (very lean ones he grinds the meat himself) steak, pork, etc. Always with a side of either vegetables or salad.

I do definitely feel and look better, even though the numbers may not reflect that. Working out i'm doing at least 4x the weight i started with.

In defense of my trainer, she's more of a fitness and conditioning trainer. For the past 2 weeks we've been doing 4 sets of 30, before that we used to do 12/8/8/12. now we're back to that but 12/8/8/16. Once i feel better about my fitness level i'm going to have her husband train me who does shows and etc. for bodybuilding.

Thanks for the responses by the way, I never thought that increasing activity could actually slow a person's metabolism!

Diet:

In defense of my trainer, she's more of a fitness and conditioning trainer. For the past 2 weeks we've been doing 4 sets of 30, before that we used to do 12/8/8/12. now we're back to that but 12/8/8/16. Once i feel better about my fitness level i'm going to have her husband train me who does shows and etc. for bodybuilding.

!

Most trainers suck dude, you would pay way more and maybe even have to travel to find a trainer worth a shit, the best thing to do is educate yourself and piece together your own routine...then you can have experts like the moderaters here and other veteran members critique your program and give you great advice, pointing you in the right direction.

Your trainers husband is probably a fuck wad on steroids...

Thanks for the responses by the way, I never thought that increasing activity could actually slow a person's metabolism

I have read that drastically increasing your level of activity and cutting cals drastically simultaneously can do that. Think about it for a second. You are going from one extreme to the other, your metabolism will respond appropriately.

I recently had a client who wasn't pleased with how quickly she was losing weight, and at her weight she should be losin pretty quickly with a solid diet and working out/doing cardio regularly...I sat down with her to talk about her diet cuz that just has to be what's holding her back....she tells me what she's eating, nothin bad at all...but it didn't sound like "enough" food....she tells me she's doin weight watchers but she's having a hard time just getting her daily allotment of points right...so I tell her she's GOT to eat more often....

Next week she comes in and having eaten MORE food, she lost MORE weight. Almost 3lbs...the week prior she lost like half a pound...

Wow, that's interesting, thanks for the tips! I was trying to follow my dad, I was thinking since we have the same genes it should be sorta consistant. He changed his diet a bit so he could lose weight and i decided to do the same. We pretty much eat the same things except he eats about 4x what I do, no joke. He has always eaten a ton of food and never gained weight, but we changed our eating habits a bit as i started working for him and going to the gym, he lost 17 lbs, i gained 7 (although i do look/feel better, time will tell) Maybe i should eat more?

It's very interesting what you've told me Griffin, do you possibly remember where you read this information? Thanks a ton for your input, soon as schools starts again though i'll be making my own workout routine and hopefully have some help from you guys!

Wow, that's interesting, thanks for the tips! I was trying to follow my dad, I was thinking since we have the same genes it should be sorta consistant. He changed his diet a bit so he could lose weight and i decided to do the same. We pretty much eat the same things except he eats about 4x what I do, no joke. He has always eaten a ton of food and never gained weight, but we changed our eating habits a bit as i started working for him and going to the gym, he lost 17 lbs, i gained 7 (although i do look/feel better, time will tell) Maybe i should eat more?

It's very interesting what you've told me Griffin, do you possibly remember where you read this information? Thanks a ton for your input, soon as schools starts again though i'll be making my own workout routine and hopefully have some help from you guys!

I read alot, on here and books, and I'm studying for another cert...so exactly where I read it I can't quite remember....but I think it was a book by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove called "The New Rules of Lifting." It's a nice easy read and great for beginners, I would suggest anyone new to lifting read it...it debunks alot of myths that have been floating around for a while.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that people who come in here to lose weight and get in shape start off with a FUCT metabolism. So cutting cals fast and increasing activity drastically doesn't really fix the problem....you have to get that metabolism goin again before really cuttin those cals.

Last edited:
Back