• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

"Dude, it's 'only a theory" and other stupid comments

Will Brink

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This vid called "Skewed Views of Science" will be the best few minutes any non-scientist can spend. For example, most people don't actually know what the term "theory" actually means in science. You will hear someone say "Well X is 'only' a theory" and dismiss it. All that tells us is the person is totally ignorant of the most basic science terms and how the scientific method works in a general sense. This vid is for non-scientists who want (need!) to know how science works on a general level, and how combat the current anti science/anti logic/anti critical/anti obejctive thinking that is so common today.

YouTube Video

There are some people out there who need to be tied to a chair and have their eyelids glued open and forced to watch this vid, but I wont go there...of course some will not be smart enough to realize this vid covers them; you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think!

nicely done

soooo....its still a theory and not a law. Meaning its supported by strong evidence, but its not a fact.

I fail to see how the public misinterprets the word still? Are we to accept all scientific theories as fact?

and whats wrong with some one questioning with "how do you know that"? It could fortify a theory and forces the author of the theory to strengthen the argument.

Dude it's only a Hyperthesis.....

soooo....its still a theory and not a law. Meaning its supported by strong evidence, but its not a fact.

I fail to see how the public misinterprets the word still? Are we to accept all scientific theories as fact?

and whats wrong with some one questioning with "how do you know that"? It could fortify a theory and forces the author of the theory to strengthen the argument.

Ever hear of the theory of relativity? Tons of crazy science is based off of it, yet it's still not a law. Just because something isn't called a law doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of proven research behind it.

There are very few "ultimate laws" of the universe. Even now we are finding some of our "ultimate" laws are not as ultimate as once thought.

So much of physics is based on theory. Theory put into practice works, our scientific technology proves that. To truly understand something inside and out is near impossible. Actually, I'd say impossible, but it becomes subjective opinion when things turn into metaphysical interpretation.

Ever hear of the theory of relativity? Tons of crazy science is based off of it, yet it's still not a law. Just because something isn't called a law doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of proven research behind it.

true, most of the general public doesn't even realize the physics community has replaced newtonian gravitational theory with general relativity as the best explanation of gravitational phenomenom. When the public rales against evolutionary theory I tell them there is just as much or more evidence backing that up than the current theory of gravity but you don't hear people raling against general relativity.

Science never claims absolute truth ( unlike religion) . Science produces relative knowledge, that is a kind of knowledge that might be proven wrong ( a valid scientific theory has to be falsifiable and testable. )

Back