• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

SubWoofer Appreciation thread

Goodfella9783

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Post your vids, pics and stories appreciating Subwoofers, car audio systems and booming Bass.

Alpine SWX-1243D
Type-X 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils

$449.99

ces_subwoofers.jpg

^^^^WTF is the point in that? There's listening to music, and then there's complete sonic distruction. Why the fuck would I want 140db's blasting my ears into oblivion while driving? The music's for me to hear, not every other bastard in the 400 mile vicinity.

What am I? Public fucking entertainment?

^^^^WTF is the point in that? There's listening to music, and then there's complete sonic distruction. Why the fuck would I want 140db's blasting my ears into oblivion while driving? The music's for me to hear, not every other bastard in the 400 mile vicinity.

What am I? Public fucking entertainment?

That's why they come with volume knobs. :thumb:

If you going to destroy your hearing, do it faster with the Jackhammer.

img

• 6,000 RMS, 12,000 peak music power
  • 23" tall
  • 369 lbs.

That's why they come with volume knobs. :thumb:

Pity most are broken......

However, even so, I can't see why you would want to pump it up to 100+ db's. In that confined space of a car, the sound quality and dynamics would suck, which is kind of the point in good systems.....

IML Gear Cream!
Let's seeeeeee, my favorite bass story.

Ok. I was 16 and I had a '91 Mazda 626 with 3 JL W0 12's powered by a PPI 2150. We were burning a blunt, fogging out the car, and we were stopped at a red light. One of my friends asked me to crank it up, so I did. The whole car was rattling like crazy and all of the sudden it felt like a window was open, then 2, then all of them. Needless to say, my car was rattling so bad from the bass that it literally broke the power window mounts in the car. There we are, 3 idiots sitting at a red light with pot smoke billowing out of every window, bass shaking the whole car, and 10 people staring at us. Good times.

From that day on I had to jam something in the cracks of the windows to make them stay up.

Pity most are broken......

However, even so, I can't see why you would want to pump it up to 100+ db's. In that confined space of a car, the sound quality and dynamics would suck, which is kind of the point in good systems.....

Why do people put 700 horsepower in a street car, what the fuck good does that do? Why do certain women put crazy designs on their nails, when it chips off as soon as they touch something?

Why do people need an explanation for something that makes them feel good? If someone wants to put 150db of sound in their car, who the fuck am I, or anyone for that matter to tell them any different?

Why do people put 700 horsepower in a street car, what the fuck good does that do? Why do certain women put crazy designs on their nails, when it chips off as soon as they touch something?

Why do people need an explanation for something that makes them feel good? If someone wants to put 150db of sound in their car, who the fuck am I, or anyone for that matter to tell them any different?

Wohhhh... easy there sailor, you dropped your handbag.;)

Of course, you're right it's eye of the beholder stuff, personal preference. Free world after all. It's just not in my interest, I like loud music in the car, just not that loud. And I, personally would prefer to have a half decent system, and more horsepower, so that the music can charge me up while I bury that car at exhilerating speed.:shrug:

Why do I want to bench press 400lbs? Because it makes me feel good. I completely see your point. But, you fail to notice the distinction. My muscles don't effect you. Some chicks nails don't effect you. A car's 7000hp doesn't effect you. Those load ass bass systems effect everyone around them for at least 100 feet. And that goes for the exhaust on trucks and motorcycles.

Rude people who have no respect for the people around them blast their systems.

This thread blows worse than the Proof tribute thread.

I am picky about sound quality and I have a sub. However it is one 10 inch sub and it does its job. I always shake my head when I hear a car drive by and hear the whole trunk rattling because of subs. Your sound should consist of balanced highs,mids, and lows, not just lows like crazy where you can't hear anything else.

The fucktard hip-hip crowd thinks it's cool when the system in their piece of shit is worth more then the car. Vibrating trim is cool. Being self centered and not caring how what you do affects people around you shows you are strong I guess. The occasion when the system AND the car match is rare.

main_interior_styling.jpg
sub_nav_left.gif
interior_features.gif
sub_nav_right.gif
  • Available AM/FM stereo with integral six-disc CD/MP3 player and full-screen navigation system.
  • Boston Acoustics® six premium speakers and 276-watt digital amplifier (available on 300 Touring, 300 Limited, 300C and 300C SRT8).
  • Boston Acoustics® eight-speaker premium sound system with subwoofer and a 368-watt digital amplifier (standard on Limited and 300C).
  • SIRIUS Satellite Radio - SIRIUS is the exclusive satellite radio provider of Chrysler and is available as a factory installed feature that includes a one year subscription! Learn More >
    sirius_logo.jpg
  • Available UConnect® voice-activated hands-free communication system.
"SIRIUS" and the SIRIUS dog logo are registered trademarks of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.
photo_interior_sound.jpg

I hate subwoofers, they make even the good hip hop that I like sound like shit....although most hip hop I like isnt laced with bass that thumps over the beat and lyrics

B0009OTWVA.01-A22UN21UL9VI60._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

World's Biggest Dildo

Why do I want to bench press 400lbs? Because it makes me feel good. I completely see your point. But, you fail to notice the distinction. My muscles don't effect you. Some chicks nails don't effect you. A car's 7000hp doesn't effect you. Those load ass bass systems effect everyone around them for at least 100 feet. And that goes for the exhaust on trucks and motorcycles.

No, I didn't miss the distinction. Like I said in the other thread, we could go on forever about the things that effect us that other people do. That's what being human is all about, dealing with it.

A car with 700 hp does effect me. Every Tuesday and Thursday there is a car show a few hundred feet from my house, and these assbags in their muscle cars feel the need to rev the shit out of their engines, then peel ass up and down my street. How does that not effect me?

Our receptionist at out corporate office is a stupid bitch with little rhinestones and glitter all over her fucking hand. When I call and need something pronto, it takes her 15 minutes to do something I needed 5 minutes ago, because she's too busy walking around like Freddy Kruger protecting her hundred dollar fingernails. How does that not effect me?

There are hobbyists that don't feel the need to blast their stereos all over the place. They go to sanctioned competitions to do that shit. The pricks with the 2 Pyramid 10's in the 87 Hondas give these people a bad name. Just like the "Extremest Muslims" that give the rest of the Muslim population a bad name. It can be applied anywhere.

Last edited:
No, I didn't miss the distinction. Like I said in the other thread, we could go on forever about the things that effect us that other people do. That's what being human is all about, dealing with it.

A car with 700 hp does effect me. Every Tuesday and Thursday there is a car show a few hundred feet from my house, and these assbags in their muscle cars feel the need to rev the shit out of their engines, then peel ass up and down my street. How does that not effect me?

Our receptionist at out corporate office is a stupid bitch with little rhinestones and glitter all over her fucking hand. When I call and need something pronto, it takes her 15 minutes to do something I needed 5 minutes ago, because she's too busy walking around like Freddy Kruger protecting her hundred dollar fingernails. How does that not effect me?

There are hobbyists that don't feel the need to blast their stereos all over the place. They go to sanctioned competitions to do that shit. The pricks with the 2 Pyramid 10's in the 87 Hondas give these people a bad name. Just like the "Extremest Muslims" that give the rest of the Muslim population a bad name. It can be applied anywhere.

Ok, I feel you on that. good point.

I love my sub, while I'm cruising with the warm tropical breeze blowing through my windows I crank up my stereo to compensate for the noise and having that extra nudge I get on the low-end gives me a better listening experience since I have an affinity for quality sound in my musical experience.....The thing I don't get is when someone who wants a good system for listening, not for booming and they get more than one sub-woofer as though they will gain some kind of surround sound effect, but since the wave-length is so wide and a car is only so big it really doesn't make a diffeence....there was a time as a kid I thought that body rumbling bass was cool but now that I'm older and wiser I prefer my music loud and clear all the way around, not just the bass, and yes the person in the car next to me may be able to hear it and I don't care because usually it's something odd like Sun Ra and I like to see the puzzled look on their face when he gets into his strangest planetary audio excursions....

welkom2.jpg

I have 2 Adire Shiva subs in the back of my car. They sound great. They're really clear and let rest of the music through while providing a nice bump. They look small but they are pretty nasty.

Any decent stereo includes a good subwoofer. Home stereos, car stereos, it doesn't matter, they all need a good sub to get those low-lows. Ever been to a movie theater? Those subwoofers really come in handy.

I generally don't blast my system in the city, mostly on the highway. I just feel like a douchebag pulling up to a little asian man in a corolla while blasting my music. But if that's what you wanna do, fine with me. If you pull up next to me blasting, chances are, I can turn my music up louder and I will force you to listen to my music for a minute. :D

Kinda like someone in a sports car pulling up to a rice rocket. They could rev their engines and peel out and hit an old lady walking across the street, just as I could damage my hearing. It's the assholes operating the equipment that make the difference, not the equipment itself.

Feel free to :cry: about how everyone is mean and the world sucks, but that's not what I'm here to do.

It does when it kills innocent bystanders.

And don't talk about shitty threads. Yeah your "wild and crazy" Spring break pics thread actually made me want to go back to school.

Back