• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Who is taking Melatonin while on PCT? This is very important information for you.

TJTJ

Super Majin Saiyan
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Melatonin and Inhibiting Reproductive Functions.

"In some mammals, melatonin slows the maturation of sperm, oocytes and reproductive organs by reducing the rate of GnRH secretion. The significance of this effect in human remains unclear. Circumstantial evidence suggests that melatonin may play a role in the timing of human sexual maturation. Melatonin levels in the blood decline at puberty, and pineal tumors that eliminate melatonin production cause premature puberty in young children"

Now again the research in humans was not stated. Just something to look into.

The good news about Melatonin, not only influencing circadian rythms is melatonin is a very effective antioxidant, It my protect CNS neurons from free radicals, such as nitric oxide or hydrogen peroxide, that may form in active neural tissue.

This is from my textbook."Martini/Nath/Bartholomew. Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology 9th edition." Im currently studying the Endocrine system and have an exam tomorrow. Just looking out for my IMF brothers. And you have no idea how important your Pituitary gland is.

Melatonin and Inhibiting Reproductive Functions.

"In some mammals, melatonin slows the maturation of sperm, oocytes and reproductive organs by reducing the rate of GnRH secretion. The significance of this effect in human remains unclear. Circumstantial evidence suggests that melatonin may play a role in the timing of human sexual maturation. Melatonin levels in the blood decline at puberty, and pineal tumors that eliminate melatonin production cause premature puberty in young children"

Now again the research in humans was not stated. Just something to look into.

The good news about Melatonin, not only influencing circadian rythms is melatonin is a very effective antioxidant, It my protect CNS neurons from free radicals, such as nitric oxide or hydrogen peroxide, that may form in active neural tissue.

This is from my textbook."Martini/Nath/Bartholomew. Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology 9th edition." Im currently studying the Endocrine system and have an exam tomorrow. Just looking out for my IMF brothers. And you have no idea how important your Pituitary gland is.

Thanks for the post brother! Keep sharing! :winkfinger:

i have used mel 2 while on cycle and off notice no diff.just taned and with huge.so is this saying we should not use it while in pct or what i got lost a little.

You make melatonin whenever you're in the dark though, so this can't really be avoided right? Is there a dose dependent effect? Not sure how much you normally produce but it may not be much more than people take to help them sleep. Interesting info though worth looking into a bit more

You make melatonin whenever you're in the dark though, so this can't really be avoided right? Is there a dose dependent effect? Not sure how much you normally produce but it may not be much more than people take to help them sleep. Interesting info though worth looking into a bit more

sorta. Its produced by the Pineal Glanl and it tells your body when you get sleepy and when to wake up. aka your sleeping pattern. Its just introducing more than needed, that MAY have an affect on you GnRH. but again this was on research on mammals, not humans but again, we are mammals. just something for my IMF brothers to think about.

And Big ben I was just tyring to to inform you all that on PCT your nads LH and FSH are mad low so you wouldnt want anything interfering with their producing.

sorta. Its produced by the Pineal Glanl and it tells your body when you get sleepy and when to wake up. aka your sleeping pattern. Its just introducing more than needed, that MAY have an affect on you GnRH. but again this was on research on mammals, not humans but again, we are mammals. just something for my IMF brothers to think about.

And Big ben I was just tyring to to inform you all that on PCT your nads LH and FSH are mad low so you wouldnt want anything interfering with their producing.

Great info, ill look deeper into this soon and post some research. Had no idea about this

Doesn't melatonin stimulate GH production though? And if it helps you sleep and recover better I'd think that would outweigh any small effect it has on your hpta function no? Definitely interesting though I don't believe I've ever heard anything on this subject before

Doesn't melatonin stimulate GH production though? And if it helps you sleep and recover better I'd think that would outweigh any small effect it has on your hpta function no? Definitely interesting though I don't believe I've ever heard anything on this subject before

No GH is controlled by your Pituitary(Adenohypophysis) gland. and sent to your liver cells and respond to GH by synthesizing somatomedina and IGFs The pituitary aslo controls a hormone called Gonadotropins regulate the activities of the gonads. Such as GnRH along with FSH and Luteinizing hormone

IML Gear Cream!
Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2008 Apr;291(4):448-55.

Melatonin is as effective as testosterone in the prevention of soleus muscle atrophy induced by castration in rats.

Oner J, Oner H, Sahin Z, Demir R, Ustünel I.

Source

Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Mehmet Akif Ersoy University, Burdur, Turkey.

Abstract

The purpose of this experiment was to compare the weight, insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) expression, and ultrastructure of the soleus muscle in growing castrated rats treated with testosterone or melatonin. In this study, adult male Wistar albino rats were used. The groups were arranged as sham, castrated, and testosterone- or melatonin-injected groups after castration. The soleus muscle samples were fixed in Bouin's solution for immunohistochemistry, and in 2.5% gluteraldehyde in 0.1 M phosphate buffer (pH 7.4). Whereas castration reduced the soleus weight and fiber diameter, testosterone and melatonin administration increased them. IGF-I immunostaining observed in the satellite cells and periphery of the myofibers was least intense in the castrated group. Strong staining of IGF-I was observed in the testosterone- and melatonin-administered groups. The ultrastructure of the soleus muscle in castrated animals showed the important ultrastructural modifications related to degeneration. In these groups, degenerative mitochondria, glycogen clusters under the sarcolemma, irregular Z lines, and loss of lamina externa were observed. The ultrastructure of myofibrils in the testosterone- and melatonin-injected groups was similar to that in sham groups in view of structure. In conclusion, we suggest that melatonin is as effective as testosterone in the prevention of atrophy induced by castration through the IGF-I axis.
2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc

PMID:18293375 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1993 Aug;39(2):193-9.

Melatonin stimulates growth hormone secretion through pathways other than the growth hormone-releasing hormone.

Valcavi R, Zini M, Maestroni GJ, Conti A, Portioli I.

Source

2a Divisione di Medicina Interna, Arcispedale S. Maria Nuova, Reggio Emilia, Italy.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

There is evidence that melatonin plays a role in the regulation of GH secretion. The aim of this study was to investigate the neuroendocrine mechanisms by which melatonin modulates GH secretion. Thus we assessed the effect of oral melatonin on the GH responses to GHRH administration and compared the effects of melatonin with those of pyridostigmine, a cholinergic agonist drug which is likely to suppress hypothalamic somatostatin release.

DESIGN:

The study consisted of four protocols carried out during the afternoon hours. Study 1: oral melatonin (10 mg) or placebo were administered 60 minutes prior to GHRH (100 micrograms i.v. bolus). Study 2: GHRH (100 micrograms i.v. bolus) or placebo were administered at 0 minutes; oral melatonin or placebo were given at 60 minutes and were followed by a second GHRH stimulus (100 micrograms i.v. bolus) at 120 minutes. Study 3: placebo; oral melatonin (10 mg); oral pyridostigmine (120 mg); melatonin (10 mg) plus pyridostigmine (120 mg) were administered on separate occasions. Study 4: placebo; oral melatonin (10 mg); oral pyridostigmine (120 mg); melatonin (10 mg) plus pyridostigmine (120 mg) were administered on separate occasions 60 minutes prior to a submaximal dose (3 micrograms i.v. bolus) of GHRH.

SUBJECTS:

Four groups of eight normal male subjects, ages 22-35 years, were randomly assigned to each protocol.

MEASUREMENTS:

Growth hormone was measured by RIA at 15-minute intervals.

RESULTS:

Oral melatonin administration had a weak stimulatory effect on GH basal levels. Prior melatonin administration approximately doubled the GH release induced by supramaximal (100 micrograms) or submaximal (3 micrograms) doses of GHRH. Melatonin administration restored the GH response to a second GHRH challenge, given 120 minutes after a first GHRH i.v. bolus. The GH releasing effects of pyridostigmine, either alone or followed by GHRH, were greater than those of melatonin. However, the simultaneous administration of melatonin and pyridostigmine was not followed by any further enhancement of GH release, either in the absence or in the presence of exogenous GHRH.

CONCLUSIONS:

Our data indicate that oral administration of melatonin to normal human males increases basal GH release and GH responsiveness to GHRH through the same pathways as pyridostigmine. Therefore it is likely that melatonin plays this facilitatory role at the hypothalamic level by inhibiting endogenous somatostatin release, although with a lower potency than pyridostigmine. The physiological role of melatonin in GH neuroregulation remains to be established.

PMID:8370132 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1993 Aug;39(2):193-9.

Melatonin stimulates growth hormone secretion through pathways other than the growth hormone-releasing hormone.

Valcavi R, Zini M, Maestroni GJ, Conti A, Portioli I.

Source

2a Divisione di Medicina Interna, Arcispedale S. Maria Nuova, Reggio Emilia, Italy.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

There is evidence that melatonin plays a role in the regulation of GH secretion. The aim of this study was to investigate the neuroendocrine mechanisms by which melatonin modulates GH secretion. Thus we assessed the effect of oral melatonin on the GH responses to GHRH administration and compared the effects of melatonin with those of pyridostigmine, a cholinergic agonist drug which is likely to suppress hypothalamic somatostatin release.

DESIGN:

The study consisted of four protocols carried out during the afternoon hours. Study 1: oral melatonin (10 mg) or placebo were administered 60 minutes prior to GHRH (100 micrograms i.v. bolus). Study 2: GHRH (100 micrograms i.v. bolus) or placebo were administered at 0 minutes; oral melatonin or placebo were given at 60 minutes and were followed by a second GHRH stimulus (100 micrograms i.v. bolus) at 120 minutes. Study 3: placebo; oral melatonin (10 mg); oral pyridostigmine (120 mg); melatonin (10 mg) plus pyridostigmine (120 mg) were administered on separate occasions. Study 4: placebo; oral melatonin (10 mg); oral pyridostigmine (120 mg); melatonin (10 mg) plus pyridostigmine (120 mg) were administered on separate occasions 60 minutes prior to a submaximal dose (3 micrograms i.v. bolus) of GHRH.

SUBJECTS:

Four groups of eight normal male subjects, ages 22-35 years, were randomly assigned to each protocol.

MEASUREMENTS:

Growth hormone was measured by RIA at 15-minute intervals.

RESULTS:

Oral melatonin administration had a weak stimulatory effect on GH basal levels. Prior melatonin administration approximately doubled the GH release induced by supramaximal (100 micrograms) or submaximal (3 micrograms) doses of GHRH. Melatonin administration restored the GH response to a second GHRH challenge, given 120 minutes after a first GHRH i.v. bolus. The GH releasing effects of pyridostigmine, either alone or followed by GHRH, were greater than those of melatonin. However, the simultaneous administration of melatonin and pyridostigmine was not followed by any further enhancement of GH release, either in the absence or in the presence of exogenous GHRH.

CONCLUSIONS:

Our data indicate that oral administration of melatonin to normal human males increases basal GH release and GH responsiveness to GHRH through the same pathways as pyridostigmine. Therefore it is likely that melatonin plays this facilitatory role at the hypothalamic level by inhibiting endogenous somatostatin release, although with a lower potency than pyridostigmine. The physiological role of melatonin in GH neuroregulation remains to be established.

PMID:8370132 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Awesome information Iron. :winkfinger:Food for thought.

This is great stuff! Im learning and will continue to. Thanks to the veterans of BBing and sharing the information with the New School

Great article on Melatonin in the recent Muscular Development.

Great article on Melatonin in the recent Muscular Development.

Yes very must so, thanks!

But as I stated in my OP. The effects of Melatonin inhibiting GnRH and affecting LH and FSH while on PCT because they have a straight coordination with your Pituitary secreting the hormones to the target cells in your gonads. (the Hypothalums "makes" the hormones. The pituitary is told when to release or secrete, and when to inhibit hormones)

The reason why I Posted this thread because with classes back up and running my sleeping pattern was all outta wack so I needed to get back on a 6am schedule. So I turned to Melatonin because it sets your circadian rhythms. And the information just so happen to be medical book and chapter I had an exam on the following week. So I wanted to share with my IMF fam.

But the Melatonin and GH post is good great know.:winkfinger: I may add it to my OCT program. My sleeping pattern still isnt back on track.

Damn it sucks not being able to lift.:pissed: my back needs to start fucking working again. But its all good. Still kept 10lbs(out of 20) from the SDMZ run of last December. And "we can rebuild him" "but we dont have a lot of money" If you got both quotes Ill rep ya lol. I love myotropic building supp that assist building new physical muscle fibers/cells and keeping them. Like stack bricks on top of each other.

I find the Endocrine system fascinating. My professors are talking about how AAS can fuck you up, and in some cases it can, to the uneducated, but then there are late night commercials about test boosters for old men. And on the radio(esp sports talk radio) they advertise HRT or TRT. I called one place. 3g's to see the guy and shit. fuck that.

They just want to take all these PH and Class III AAS out of working men and into big pharma or some other place so the FDA or who ever can get a cut.

Okay that was a bit of rambling off topic haha.

:offtopic:

Last edited:

that are a lot of signifigant studies out there showing this. Im surprised it is not included in more of the natural "gh" boosting products out there. I take 3-5mg 5 days on,2 days off for 6 weeks or so and notice some nice differences.

there are studies showing 10mg has a really signifigant impact on gh.

that are a lot of signifigant studies out there showing this. Im surprised it is not included in more of the natural "gh" boosting products out there. I take 3-5mg 5 days on,2 days off for 6 weeks or so and notice some nice differences.

there are studies showing 10mg has a really signifigant impact on gh.

For real! Im definitely using it for my OCT

I take 10 mgs frequently when cutting so I sleep. Right now the NYC stack keeps me up if I don't take something like that to help. The GH benefits is just icing on the cake.

Back