• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

donating blood

futureMrO

AG is my home
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
in regards to donating blood to lower hematocrit, hemoglobin and rbc is it better to donate a single ever 8 weeks or is it better to do the double red blood cell donating every 16 weeks ? any thoughts

I do the double red thing simply because I have a rare blood type and they ask.

i am a- and they said because of my size they were gonna take a double, wonder if theirs any difference between the two as far as lowering hematocrit etc ?

in regards to donating blood to lower hematocrit, hemoglobin and rbc is it better to donate a single ever 8 weeks or is it better to do the double red blood cell donating every 16 weeks ? any thoughts

And why would you want to lower your H&H levels for?

And why would you want to lower your H&H levels for?
because anabolic steroids increase you hematocrit, hemoglobin and rbc all of which, if raised can lead to serious health problems.

i am a- and they said because of my size they were gonna take a double, wonder if theirs any difference between the two as far as lowering hematocrit etc ?

Hematocrit is a derived measure of packed cell volume so donating double will decrease it more temporarily. Of course your body will compensate by increasing erythropoiten which stimulates RBC production in the bone marrow so the decrease will be quickly replenished. Since you have type A blood there is not as great a demand as type O. Idk that you will get any more benefit one way over the other. There is always a need for qualified donors as it saves lives, but unless your hct is very high (50% range) there really is no proof of a thereapeutic benefit to donating red cells.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hematocrit is a derived measure of packed cell volume so donating double will decrease it more temporarily. Of course your body will compensate by increasing erythropoiten which stimulates RBC production in the bone marrow so the decrease will be quickly replenished. Since you have type A blood there is not as great a demand as type O. Idk that you will get any more benefit one way over the other. There is always a need for qualified donors as it saves lives, but unless your hct is very high (50% range) there really is no proof of a thereapeutic benefit to donating red cells.

mine was 51 off 500mgs of test a week

Yeah you would probably be ok donating double reds and seeing how much it lowers it. 43-46% is usu ok. Its not bad to be at the upper end of the range but 50ish is getting into the worry zone. Especially if you're on trt permanently. If not just donate after pct from your cycle.

thanks for the advice !!! :winkfinger:

Back