• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Advice

Ben_7

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi everybody

I'm not sure if anyone would be able to help me, but I just wanted to ask for some advice.

Basically, I play football (Or 'soccer' as it's called in America) and have done for as long as I can remember. I've never been massively built, but have always been fairly toned from going to the gym 3 times a week, as well as getting in a lot of cardio from playing football 4 times a week.

However, 2 months ago whilst playing I planted my foot and turned awkwardly. This resulted in a knee injury that as of yet, is still undiagnosed (although they think it's either ligament damage or a torn cartilage). I'm awaiting an MRI scan to assess the damage, but the waiting lists for this is a joke. That, coupled with the fact I'll probably have to wait to see the Doctor again after the scan, and then finally wait for and get treatment means I'm more than likely going to miss the start of the season again.

I've been pretty gutted about it as sports really are a big part of my life. But I'm sick of waiting around for things now, and I'm going to go and do something productive. Whilst I'm not doing any cardio I thought I may as well try and gain some weight and muscle by hitting the gym, however, having never really been a 'body-builder' I'm unsure of where to start!

Would 3 meals and 3 snacks a day be a good starting point? Is there anywhere I can go to find 'meal ideas', as chicken breast after chicken breast can quickly become boring as I'm sure you're aware! I do have a protein shake as well, would this be worthwhile to continue with and is it in addition to the 3 meals 3 snacks? I don't want to go back into the game having massively gained weight, I just want to come back and be in the best shape I can be so I hit the ground running.

I appreciate this may sound a little cheeky just coming on here asking for free advice, but I just really don't know what else i can do at the minute! Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Hi everybody

I'm not sure if anyone would be able to help me, but I just wanted to ask for some advice.

Basically, I play football (Or 'soccer' as it's called in America) and have done for as long as I can remember. I've never been massively built, but have always been fairly toned from going to the gym 3 times a week, as well as getting in a lot of cardio from playing football 4 times a week.

However, 2 months ago whilst playing I planted my foot and turned awkwardly. This resulted in a knee injury that as of yet, is still undiagnosed (although they think it's either ligament damage or a torn cartilage). I'm awaiting an MRI scan to assess the damage, but the waiting lists for this is a joke. That, coupled with the fact I'll probably have to wait to see the Doctor again after the scan, and then finally wait for and get treatment means I'm more than likely going to miss the start of the season again.

I've been pretty gutted about it as sports really are a big part of my life. But I'm sick of waiting around for things now, and I'm going to go and do something productive. Whilst I'm not doing any cardio I thought I may as well try and gain some weight and muscle by hitting the gym, however, having never really been a 'body-builder' I'm unsure of where to start!

Would 3 meals and 3 snacks a day be a good starting point? Is there anywhere I can go to find 'meal ideas', as chicken breast after chicken breast can quickly become boring as I'm sure you're aware! I do have a protein shake as well, would this be worthwhile to continue with and is it in addition to the 3 meals 3 snacks? I don't want to go back into the game having massively gained weight, I just want to come back and be in the best shape I can be so I hit the ground running.

I appreciate this may sound a little cheeky just coming on here asking for free advice, but I just really don't know what else i can do at the minute! Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

3 meals and 3 snacks doesn't tell us anything. What do these three meals look like? FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal is usually recommended. Since you have more time you can get in the habit of inputting EVERything you ingest for at least a week, follow your weight and thus see what your maintenance level of calories is. And I take it youre not going to work that knee? .... Which you shouldnt until cleared by your doctor.

Chances are you needed a break. Be sure to keep your calories and nutrition high when doing that much running or you'll end up doing nothing but weakening your structure.

The best advice would be for you to hire a trainer. You're going to need much more than a few poster remarks.

Back